To difficult to reach level 50

Marvin_jedi

I am playing Star Wars for 3 months. It is impossible to reach level 50. I stuck with my commando on level 45. I tried to play the Jedi class. One consular (level 43) and Sentinel (level 37) Same story. I am not able to level my other characters as well. It is the first time i play MMO. I like the game, story line but it stops for me at level 45 with my commando. I spend whole weekends to play this game. Now i play 10 mins. I am now on Voss and the missions are to difficult. So i can't level any more. The class story i reach chapter 3 and now i stuck to defeat an ancient beast. Wow i said the first time i saw. I died 3 time and i almost defeated the ancient beast. So it is not an option to play my class quest to level.. Spend a lot of money to upgrade my abilities and gear. Ask some one for help is also impossible. There is no player on the server who wants to play with me. I always helps others.. I am thinking to give it up and stop my subscription.

I think this game is for pro MMO players. I am a Star Wars fan not a pro or experience player.

I feel bad to stop playing this game and can't see the rest of the story line..

Don't give up!

if you're talking about the avatar of Sel Makor in the nightmare lands on Voss, it is one of the hardest encounters in the game (in my opinion).

Are you using your heroic moment? Are you interrupting his casts (it's critical you interrupt them!)?

Have you tried running heroics and/or flashpoints to get some better gear?

It's also a good opportunity to make new friends and ask the people you're grouped with during the flashpoint if they have some time to help you afterwards with the avatar of Sel Makor.

Or you could join a guild. What server are you on? Have you tried asking on the forum of your server?

Don't give up man :)

A big thing that helps is to make sure you have rested XP. When you have rested XP, your experience bar is green (as opposed to yellow unrested XP), and you gain experience faster. It's not such a big deal early on, because you don't need as much experience to level, but as you progress through the game it helps a lot, especially when you close in on 50.

You can get rested XP by entering a rest zone. Cantinas, your ship, your faction's fleet; all of these are rest zones. Just log off in one and leave your character in there for a day or two, and that helps a lot.

Edited by revansowns

The great thing about an MMO is if you are stuck and really truly can't get past a fight. Send out a friendly request for help in Chat. Have someone come in with you and finish the fight with you. That being said can't give to much on tactics without knowing what you play as a healer or a dps? If healer make sure you are using a geared m1-4x or Tanno Vik. If you are dps Elara Dorne is your friend just keep him off her and you should be set. Outside of that any class must remember to use interrupts anytime you see he start to cast anything.

I try to don't give up.

I had tactics to level. What i do i play first the planet quest. If i finish the quest then i go to next planet. Play some mission there. Then i will go for my class quest. I always want to be two levels above the minimum level. This helps me a lot until Belsavis. I can't play the Hoth bonus mission because the minimum level is 47. :mad:

I will ask in the chat if some one will join me to play... I play always with healer companion.

I spend a lot of credit to buy some gear and weapons.

Thx for the tips. I will use it to defeat the difficult enemies.

You said you've upgraded your gear, don't forget to do so to your companion as well. Also, you can try switching to a different companion, as some work better in certain situations than others.

The fights from 45-50 are definitely harder, IMO. You could also try running some FPs or Space missions to get up a few more levels before trying it again.

I have to say I know whe you're coming from - the fights for the consular and the inquisitor on voss are insane - a massive jump from belsavis.

I'd recommend either doing a few moreclevelsthrough pvp or flashpoints, upgrading you and your companions gear and maybe bringing someone with you to help.

You're right, it's impossible to get to level 50. No one has ever gotten a character to level 50 is SWTOR. :rolleyes:

If you are having trouble it's likely due to your character and companion's gear. Gear effect scales with level in SWTOR so the level of your armor and weapons should be as close to your character's level as possible. (Blue or Purple if possible.)

Edited by MorgonKara

Don't give up, the game does have an unforgiving difficulty curve, if you lack anything in the lines of gear or weaponry, it will cut you down without warning.

Also, i had the same trouble when i started playing and i personally enjoy certain companions and HATE the others and depending on the class, the healer companion (which 90% of all players tell me to use when leveling as dps) can either be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on if the healer is an annoying dick or not.

You're right, it's impossible to get to level 50. No one has ever gotten a character to level 50 is SWTOR. :rolleyes:

If you are having trouble it's likely due to your character and companion's gear. Gear effect scales with level in SWTOR so the level of your armor and weapons should be as close to your character's level as possible. (Blue or Purple if possible.)

That isn't always possible, considering crafters either don't bother making anything other then moddable pieces and overcharging for them and then you have to pay even more for mods, which are also overcharged.

I mean, paying 10k for a level 15 colour crystal is not acceptable, i have seen hilts worth no more then 7.5k each, being sold for 15k each (blue or purple quality), overall, it can be quite difficult to keep modded gear updated to your level and please don't play commendations, because armorings and hilts alone, cost 7 each.....imagine being a smuggler or jedi sentinel or a Mercenary Bounty Hunter and needing hilts, armorings for every single piece.

Helm, Chest, Hand, Wrist, Waist, leggings, feet, weapon(s) and focus/shield/generator

To keep them all updated with commendations you would need 99 of them on every single planet and that is just pretty much impossible, unless you expect everyone to do the flashpoints, over and over and over and over again, making it more and more like wow.

The only real solution is to find some crafters that are not greedy or find a guild that have decent members in it, otherwise, you will always lack the gear, especially if you do not like to craft yourself, it is a real pity that you need such good gear while leveling up, instead of greens being the only stuff you need, until level 50, like hardmodes, which is where the dailies come in, which allow you to mod out the gear with better stuff.

In the end, crafters don't do their job and when they do, they demand tips, i mean, why call them tips, when you demand them. lol

One thing that others aren't mentioning is the abilities of your companion. There are situations where you want to turn off or on some of the abilities of your companion so that they will or will not use them. When I'm running around with a healer companion, I only have on their healing abilities and their stun ability. I also make sure they're in their healer stance. This way they are only focused on healing me and won't likely draw as much aggro. To turn on or off their abilities, open up their interface by clicking the plus symbol by the lower left bar on the screen. Then right click on the abilities that you want to turn on or off. Then hit the little minus sign to reduce the bar again. Sometimes just sticking your healer on total heal duty makes all the difference.

I would recommend going back to some of the other planets before Hoth and make sure you don't have any bonus series stuff left. I know I found out about the Alderaan bonus series when I was mid 40's by accident on the fleet. This is a low 40 bonus area, so you should be able to clear it easily and maybe gain a level or so to help out where you are.

Like someone else said, that Sel-Makor quest on Voss is brutal to some classes, and especially brutal to your first character. On my first character I came back at 50 to defeat it and had to bring a friend. I found a partner the 2nd time I was on the planet, and the next two I had a good idea of how the fight was going to go, so it went much better. I think it also helped me that my first two were Sith and my 2nd two were blaster classes, much easier to stay at a distance and watch casts and such.

Keep in mind that most planets will have a bonus series. Some (Hoth, and Alderaan come to mind) do not always show up when you are done with the plant and you may need to re-visit to receive them.

Chin up, it can be done. And there should be people around willing to help if you need it. You will still run into those that ignore your requests, comment about your lack of ability, but there are still those out there that are more than willing to help.

What server are you on?

It may seem like a silly question, but what stats are on your gear? I once ran into a shadow tank in mostly strength gear.

He claimed it was because all of his abilities were melee, therefore he needed strength...:eek:

Long story, short, no heroic missions got done that day...

So you want to be sure you have the right stats on your gear, as well as being level appropriate. Same goes for companion gear. They don't all have the same stat as the characters, except the trooper's companions. (Aim)

If you are on Jedi Covenant, I could help you get your characters back on track in no time.

To keep them all updated with commendations you would need 99 of them on every single planet and that is just pretty much impossible, unless you expect everyone to do the flashpoints, over and over and over and over again, making it more and more like wow.

for me final planets (VOSS & Corellia) were not such trouble

But it was a bit of annoying because of slow levelling on that stage of game

play all Bonus series you have

play all companions quests

and as for companions no need to gear them all with commendations

there are only 2 companions you are to gear up - your healer and the one with the same main stat as you

for planet commendations you should buy mods only for yourself - armorings and barels/hilts are priority

old mods give to companion with the same main stat - trooper is a best from that point of view (all his companions have aim mau be except one as far as i remember)

never bought something from GTN while levelling

if you have alts - craft green mods with cybertech, it will be enough for companions

Edited by pan_sObak

I am playing Star Wars for 3 months. It is impossible to reach level 50. I stuck with my commando on level 45. I tried to play the Jedi class. One consular (level 43) and Sentinel (level 37) Same story. I am not able to level my other characters as well. It is the first time i play MMO. I like the game, story line but it stops for me at level 45 with my commando. I spend whole weekends to play this game. Now i play 10 mins. I am now on Voss and the missions are to difficult. So i can't level any more. The class story i reach chapter 3 and now i stuck to defeat an ancient beast. Wow i said the first time i saw. I died 3 time and i almost defeated the ancient beast. So it is not an option to play my class quest to level.. Spend a lot of money to upgrade my abilities and gear. Ask some one for help is also impossible. There is no player on the server who wants to play with me. I always helps others.. I am thinking to give it up and stop my subscription.

I think this game is for pro MMO players. I am a Star Wars fan not a pro or experience player.

Don't feel bad man. I feel that way too sometimes. I thought that I would never get to lvl 50 like, Ever but then when things get hard go on general chat and say like, I need help beating a boss or just put need help on then put the quest right up there. It always works for me. Keep trying! You can do it!

I have to say I know whe you're coming from - the fights for the consular and the inquisitor on voss are insane - a massive jump from belsavis.

I'd recommend either doing a few moreclevelsthrough pvp or flashpoints, upgrading you and your companions gear and maybe bringing someone with you to help.

hmm.. not sure about inquisitor, but certainly for consular they are not. I actually reached my lvl 50 on Voss.

Ok, certain fights may be more difficult, but not like impossible.

The only issue I have had was that H4 on Nightmare Lands where i died zillion times before my group was able to kill that "chief something" - being a squishy shadow DPS, that's more understandable.

Anyway, I guess the whole issue is either the gear or not using abilities properly against that specific boss.

Sometimes you only LoS, sometimes you only interrupt. Just check youtube for movies with that specific fight.

Being Shadow infiltration means good DPS but you only relay on that healer companion. Actually he gets better if you do not level his affection that much. He just stops talking :)

That isn't always possible, considering crafters either don't bother making anything other then moddable pieces and overcharging for them and then you have to pay even more for mods, which are also overcharged.

I mean, paying 10k for a level 15 colour crystal is not acceptable, i have seen hilts worth no more then 7.5k each, being sold for 15k each (blue or purple quality), overall, it can be quite difficult to keep modded gear updated to your level and please don't play commendations, because armorings and hilts alone, cost 7 each.....imagine being a smuggler or jedi sentinel or a Mercenary Bounty Hunter and needing hilts, armorings for every single piece.

Helm, Chest, Hand, Wrist, Waist, leggings, feet, weapon(s) and focus/shield/generator

The only real solution is to find some crafters that are not greedy or find a guild that have decent members in it, otherwise, you will always lack the gear, especially if you do not like to craft yourself, it is a real pity that you need such good gear while leveling up, instead of greens being the only stuff you need, until level 50, like hardmodes, which is where the dailies come in, which allow you to mod out the gear with better stuff.

In the end, crafters don't do their job and when they do, they demand tips, i mean, why call them tips, when you demand them. lol

Dude, try not to scare off the new guy. Seriously. :eek:

It's nowhere NEAR as hard as all that.

Focus on one toon getting the rest of the way to 50. The easiest I've done so far was Gunslinger. They put out massive DPS and their healer uses the same main stat, so gear is as easy as can be.

Next easiest would be Trooper. Again, healer uses the same stats, making gear much simpler.

See the pattern? Which ever role you play, look for the companion that gives you a combination of healing+damage.

If you're a healer, try to use a DPS companion with the same stat as you. Tanks are OK, but DPS/HEAL secondary stats make the gear "mostly" interchangable (power, crit surge).

Tank stats like defense/shield/absorb are useless on a healer.

My main character is the scoundrel, and I leveled all the way to 50 with Bowdaar, who uses KNIGHT stats. And it was a long hard slog-fest the whole way. Not because he's a bad companion, but because it was so hard to keep his gear current.

Once I got into Ops with a guild, someone suggested using my DPS companion, and I never looked back.

I went back and took another look at the original post. I would recommend focusing on the Commando. They are the most versitile IMO, and do really good DPS.

Healers have the easiest time getting into flashpoints, but DPS can be alot less demanding on a new player.

Edited by JacksonMo

And dont forget to take all datacrones on every planet.

And i have about 7 toons and only one of them have finish the last level 50 boss!

So it is a little bit dificullt for the rest of my toons(trying to gear up them all (46-50 levels)

You can do a lot of those Heroic+4 solo if you are max 6 levels ahead.

What server are you on?

It may seem like a silly question, but what stats are on your gear? I once ran into a shadow tank in mostly strength gear.

He claimed it was because all of his abilities were melee, therefore he needed strength...:eek:

Long story, short, no heroic missions got done that day...

So you want to be sure you have the right stats on your gear, as well as being level appropriate. Same goes for companion gear. They don't all have the same stat as the characters, except the trooper's companions. (Aim)

If you are on Jedi Covenant, I could help you get your characters back on track in no time.

I play on the Progenitor server...

Below a screenshot of my character. I think i will do some flashpoints and try to defeat the ancient beast for my class quest. I like the game to much and keep trying and ask for help if it starts frustrating..

http://imageshack.us/a/img191/763/swtorcommando.jpg

i think i see your problem. you gear is all messed up. the only main stats you should be worrying about is aim and endurance. get rid of all that strength, willpower, and cunning. only wear heavy armor with aim and endurance.

I've leveled a 50 commando and two 50 mercenary all of them gunnery/arsenal spec. They do seem squishy but if used correctly you can do pretty well. I can give you a few tips on leveling and killing packs. As i leveled i used Aric Jorgan and his empire mirror Gault for everything, including boss fights and elites.

Some general tips:

-make sure your armor is up to date

-make sure your companions armor is up to date (best to pick 1 or 2 main comps and stick with them)

Here are a few ways to handle group pulls

1 - Select Target 1, cast Aric Jorgans ability "Aimed Blast"

2 - Cast Grav Round (with practice you can time Grav Round to hit Target 1 the same time as Jorgans Aimed Blast

2 - Sticky Bomb Target 2 (pref one that is in the middle of the pack)

3 - Explosive Round Target 3 to knock him down

4 - Full Auto Target 4

5 - High Impact Bolt on Target 4 right as Full Auto is about to run out or use HIB on any other target that is knocked down

Another

1 - Plasma Grenade on Target in middle of pack

2 - Cast Jorgan ability "Spread Fire"

3 - Cast your own AOE ability Hail of Bolts

And Another

1 - Select Target in middle of pack cast Jorgan ability Spread Fire

2 - Cast Mortar Volley

A couple of things to know when dealing with packs. Commandos have about 3 or 4 minor stuns and knockdowns. When an enemy is stunned of knocked down, it isnt shooting or attacking you. Also in a pack of 4 or 5 mobs it helps to know which one is melee and which one is ranged. That way you can put the ranged under control first.

Which one of your spells have stuns and knockdowns versus weak or standard mobs?

Full Auto = mobs stunned for duration of the channel

Sticky Grenade = initial target is stunned then knocked down after explosion. Explosion knocks down nearby weak/standard mobs

Explosive Round = knocks target down

Mortar Volley = AOE knockdown

Cryo Grenade = stun, but it has a 1min CD

And you have one ability that can take advantage of 3 of those attacks. High Impact Bolt (HIB) can be used on any mob that is stunned or knocked down. If you are shooting a mob with Full Auto and it is stunned, you can cast high impact bolt. You have to time it just right at the end of Full Auto or just cast HIB the split second Full Auto is about to finish. If something is under the effect of Sticky Grenade and Explosive Round you can also shoot a high impact bolt at them. This is even true of any mob that is knocked down or stunned from explosive barrels or environmental damage.

Versus Elites or 1 on 1 Strong mobs I prefer to just nuke them down. I dont spend a lot of time healing myself. I open up with a combined Jorgan Aimed Blast and Grav Round > Full Auto and so on.