Let's talk Hammer Station...

Yea I think people don't realize that the 3 production quality flashpoints have been in the game/beta for a loooong time. All these new ones were thrown in within the last 2 months.

Well, if this is the case, then BioWare has a real problem if they're expecting to turn out content that meets the bar they set with The Esseles and other story-mode content. It's just an enormous letdown to go do a boring, WoW style, 4-pulls-boss-4 pulls-boss-5 pulls-last boss instance after doing story stuff.

Meet your own high standards, BioWare. :)

So Bioware gave the players options of a few story driven flashpoints, and a few solely combat oriented flashpoints and QQ?

They are all optional content. If you don't like one set of combat oriented flashpoints, don't do them and level. If you don't like the story ones, don't do them and level.

But please, for the love of god... stop with all the tears.

So Bioware gave the players options of a few story driven flashpoints, and a few solely combat oriented flashpoints and QQ?

They are all optional content. If you don't like one set of combat oriented flashpoints, don't do them and level. If you don't like the story ones, don't do them and level.

But please, for the love of god... stop with all the tears.

I'm not paying $15 a month to skip content.

I stopped playing WoW because I managed to finally open my eyes that Blizzard had tried so hard to keep shut and realized that most of what I was doing just wasn't enjoyable.

Farming mats to make money wasn't fun, but you had to do it to get enchants/gems.

Grinding the same 2 heroics (ZA/ZF) to hit the Valor cap for the week so you could get some gear wasn't fun.

Playing through unique instances in which my character has deep impacts on the outcome of a situation is, and that's what I believed SWtoR was going to be like, but it seems Bioware has pulled the old switcheroo on us all.

I'm done paying for a game that forces me to do things that aren't fun, especially with so many amazing games on the market this season. MW3, BF3, AC:R, Skyrim, Arkham City, the list goes on.

Hammer station is one of those flashpoints in "classic dungeon style" they added to fill in gaps, you can see this pretty clearly.

However, although I agree that one is kind of easy and uninteresting. It does get better for this kind of flashpoint.

Athiss only does marginally better.

Mandalorian raiders is a lot more interesting.

Cademimu is much more interesting due to setting (the whole revolution thing going on).

Taral V is again more story-driven.

It does improve, and HS is a good way to get you introduced to things.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

What. A. Let-down.

Completely disillusioned with this game after trudging through the mindless kill-fest that is Hammer Station.

Esseles was exciting! Full voice-overs (as per usual), a driving story, and your decisions actually matter. Don't like that Twi'lek diplomat? Betray her! Willing to sacrifice the few for the many? Kill those poor engineers!

That instance was intense and fun because you really felt like you had an impact on the story. You felt a real sense of accomplishment after it was over.

Then, you go work on your class levels some more, finish up on Coruscant (in my case), and head back to the Republic Fleet because you know the last Flashpoint happened around the end of your class quests on a planet. You're excited and ready for what's next.

Oh, hey, what's this random droid wan- OH CRAP IT'S SATELE! AWESOME! Oh no, she needs my help! You can count on me, Master!

You gather up a few friends, head to the entrance, and dive headfirst into your second Flashpoint.

...okay, that intro cinematic was pretty useless. Let's get start- WOAH! Enemy droids right off the bat! Alright, let's clear these up and get to our first objective... oh. No cutscene. No conversation. Well, that's cool, I'm sure there will be something later...

Nope. Nothing. Just a few bosses, some trash droids, and then you just walk out of the instance. Mission accomplished?

I really had high hopes for this game, I really did, but I've never felt more betrayed by a game like this. Bioware set up all these cool, driving class quests and an awesome first Flashpoint to reel us in before they pull the ol' switcheroo and we end up playing yet another WoW clone.

I've played enough MMOs to know how it goes from here. The neat gimmick of lightsabers and the novelty of full voice-overs will wear off quickly than you'd like. Hell, on Coruscant I wore my spacebar out. Soon, it will just be the same old grind, but this time there's virtually nothing to do outside of following your class quests. PvP? What a joke. Exploration? Yeah, datacrons are neat, but... meh.

TL;DR This game had great potential, but Bioware decided to take the low road and trick us all with fantastic intro quests and a driving story before petering out around the time of your second flashpoint.

To anyone who absolutely can't live without playing an MMO, I hope you enjoy yourselves. I realize what I've said might just apply to myself and my friends because that's just, like, our opinion, man.

May the Force be with you all.

I'm sick of Esseless/Black Talon exactly for the reasons you like them. But I propably played them 10 times more than you.

You will be bored of the dialogue there too in no time, I assure you.

I'll admit, it was refreshing to have bosses that actually had interesting mechanics that you had to handle (I tank, so it can get boring quickly if bosses are easy).

However, it was inescusably devoid of story. Lack of story is the whole reason I quit WoW.

None of this adds up.

Wow has plenty of story if you didnt skip through it.

They tried to turn it into something more palatable for book-phobes and still people just wanted to skip through it.

This game MAKES you interact in meaningful story and still people just space through and winge at anyone who wants to listen.

I truly despair I really do.

I'm sick of Esseless/Black Talon exactly for the reasons you like them. But I propably played them 10 times more than you.

You will be bored of the dialogue there too in no time, I assure you.

the option to turn it off entirely would be GREAT. i mean, good for someone if there's only one character they're going to level...

but um... by the fifth character going through BT... i'm pretty over anything they might say or do.

This was pretty much my reaction too.

I still love the flashpoints though so it''s hard for me to be too bummed about it.

But I do feel like Esseles was false advertising.

My hope is the first expansion will be nothing but Esseles quality flashpoints once they have the base of the game all worked out awhile from now.

When I first ran Hammer, I also noticed it had no story cutscenes but I wasn''t bothered by it. I thought it was a fun flashpoint and quick enough to not be a burden. We got some good loot and we were all happy.

OP is being a drama queen.

I have to agree.

I expect some of the FP to have a lot of story and others to be simpler with fun boss mechanics. They only can produce so much and when they do something with a lot of story I want it to be good. I wouldn't want to have nothing while we wait for the next voice acted piece to be added.

For launch week I've been completely happy with the content.

I really enjoyed Hammer Station. As a tank the last boss was surprisingly interesting for a level 18ish instance.

Edited by Kitty_Whoopass