Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Required Conquest point totals seem too high

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Required Conquest point totals seem too high
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Minzurion
07.25.2019 , 03:47 PM | #21
For those people who are still struggling to get 15,000 points. What is your stronghold bonus? 6 strongholds with every room unlocked gives you 150 % bonus. (They don't need to be decorated, just all rooms unlocked)
Click this referal link. For 7 days subscription.
Read the Referal infos.
May The Force Be With You!

Darev
07.25.2019 , 04:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Minzurion View Post
For those people who are still struggling to get 15,000 points. What is your stronghold bonus? 6 strongholds with every room unlocked gives you 150 % bonus. (They don't need to be decorated, just all rooms unlocked)
That's also a fairly sizable credit investment, I haven't done it, ever, in one fell swoop, but I'd guess it's between 20-35 million to fully unlock 6 strongholds from scratch.
DK / Coruscant / Nar Shaddaa / Tatooine / Yavin / Manaan Probably the cheapest way to go.

matthaxian
07.25.2019 , 06:46 PM | #23
50,000 personal goal for a normal goal? 500k for a guild? No No No Why Why Why?

Giving CQ points for XP earned was one of the BEST CHANGES you have made to the game in a very very long time.
And now you are going to RUIN IT by more than tripling the CQ goal?

Your objectives for most of the conquests are TERRIBLE, and the ones that are decent are repeatable only once a week or once daily,
and that is the main issue when it comes to people bypassing CQ objectives for passive XP.
I don't care if you make them worth 5x what they were before, its isnt going to make it any better.

Unless you are going to make MASSIVE CHANGES to your existing conquests to make the objectives more like the ones for the Pirate Incursion: Dantooine, which is the ONLY EVENT RELATED CQ WORTH DOING due to the infinitely repeatable dailiy objectives, and add more infinitely repeatable goals, your PTS changes are going to effectively re-murder CQ and destroy all the goodwill you endeared with the passive XP changes.

I'm finally able to hit the small yield goal regularly with my very small guild of friends and family and earn a few encryptions, and this is going to probably put that out of reach.

The best part of the passive XP CQ change, beyond the "play what content you want and whatever character you want to play" , was that you could also play in whatever size guild you wanted to play in. Not beg to get as many toons as you can into a big guild that treats their memebers like conquest bots.
And the PTS changes are going to ruin that.

Increasing the personal goal to 20k or 25k, and guild small yield to 250k would be okay, but 50 and 500 is increasing it so much that interest in CQ is again going to plummet. Which is sad,

Also, with gear rewards now tied to CQ, the promise of giving us more drops is not going to be fulfilled if you make grinding conquest massively harder.

well
07.25.2019 , 07:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
I was actually going to make a post about some conquest related changes I noticed yesterday that are going to affect other things.

1. The 50k point goal. I balked at that at first. Then I noticed some things.
A) More conquest points for random npc kills. Normal/Silver/Gold - all the conquest points were increased.
B) Level sync was altered. Instead of being put to 12 on Korriban, I was put to 10. That means fewer gray mobs and more conquest points overall. This pattern was followed for both DK and Balmorra (only 3 planets I checked).
C) It looked like the "mission completion" points were buffed as well. yesterday I thought they were the same, but I just realized I didn't have XP armor equipped and didn't have the SH bonus.

2. Aggro range is heightened dramatically.
A) Will allow you to aggro mobs more quickly. Faster kills = faster completion.
B) I know you're not supposed to have an A w/o a B....but what I was going to put here I'm moving to next spot

3. Not specifically related to conquest:
A) Level Sync changes and Aggro range increase means that heroics that used to be really fast, will take longer.
B) Toxic Bombs for example. You go in and kill the mobs in pairs. On TC, the first pair died normally. The 2nd pair, on my melee TC toon, I was close enough to aggro the pair in the back corner. The level sync changes made them hit harder and even with my influence 25 healer companion, AND kitted out with the "uber" gear from the Odessan vendors, I had to stealth out to avoid getting killed.

There's some balance that needs to be done at the low end of the game on TC right now.

Even CZ198, from what I saw in another post, the aggro range is such that mobs in another room were attacking the player making the post.

It might not be skytrooper bad, but it's different than how it's been.

If the devs are going to keep it, the players will need to adjust.
Which, in my opinion, is NOT the time to increase to 50k points personal goal.
It is all over that is for sure. I tested Korriban and Corruscent. It wasn't fun. It like that playing D3 but the equipment you have can handle it. Different type of game.

matthaxian
07.25.2019 , 07:04 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
2. Aggro range is heightened dramatically.
A) Will allow you to aggro mobs more quickly. Faster kills = faster completion.
Is this a universal change to aggro range, or or you just seeing the results of being a lower level (because they dropped the level sync on a few planets? If it is a universal aggro range change, I think that's a bad idea.
Do you remember what a nightmare Makeb used to be to slog through?

I get wanting to make mobs closer to your level and eliminate the few places where you get zero XP or CXP because of grey mobs. And not have it where you practically have to drive right over the mob to aggro them.
But its a delicate balance too because you dont want the converse true too where a pack of trash mobs feels like a heroic.

LeMage
07.25.2019 , 07:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although the numbers you are seeing may still be in flux, the spirit of them is correct. However, not only have the totals been increased, but the Objectives values are being completed by the same multiplier. We are doing this to help balance out the value of objectives vs passive command points a bit.

-eric
This weeks conquest is a Bee atch enough in a small guild, and I might get 2 through at 15K. At 50K I'll not bother I think.
A game has to have some fun. And why can't it be 'easy'? The big guilds already dominate. Where in the laws of the Game does it say most EVERYTHING has to be un-fun, grindy and time consuming?

Not that any Devs actually really care what I think but gotta say it anyway. I don't think I'll like this 50K Crud,
--,-'-{@ RIP MxO @}--,-'-

Rolodome
07.25.2019 , 07:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by matthaxian View Post
Is this a universal change to aggro range, or or you just seeing the results of being a lower level (because they dropped the level sync on a few planets? If it is a universal aggro range change, I think that's a bad idea.

I get wanting to make mobs closer to your level and eliminate the few places where you get zero XP or CXP because of grey mobs. And not have it where you practically have to drive right over the mob to aggro them.
But its a delicate balance too because you dont want the converse true too where a pack of trash mobs feels like a heroic.
I would think better would be to have you be synced to 2 levels higher, if it's going to be a unified amount across the board. In my top-of-head estimation, that's high enough that you have an advantage, without being so high it nullifies gains entirely. I don't know what they're thinking if they're doing sync to the exact level (I missed the test, so have to go on what other people are saying). Caving to complaints about leveling content being too easy maybe?

I'm all for those people getting what they want in some form, but surely there's a way to do it without throwing everyone else under the bus.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Darev
07.25.2019 , 08:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by matthaxian View Post

I don't know if it was universal based on what I saw. however, based on what someone else posted, when trying to do cz198 (level sync wasn't changed there) it's universal.

stumpynat
07.25.2019 , 10:01 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although the numbers you are seeing may still be in flux, the spirit of them is correct. However, not only have the totals been increased, but the Objectives values are being completed by the same multiplier. We are doing this to help balance out the value of objectives vs passive command points a bit.

-eric
While I understand the need to adjust numbers a bit to reflect increased values, 50k seems way too high for an individual conquest goal. I come from a guild where people love their alts and, once again, instead of encouraging folks to hop around on their alts and play the game more, a higher personal conquest goal would inevitably discourage that. As people have noted in the past, the nature of this game pushes alts with the multiple class stories, but then changes are made to endgame that deter it.

I get conquest is tricky to balance with various play styles and all (e.g. solo vs. groups), and rarely will there be a "one size fits all answer," but I'd prefer the error be made on the side of encouraging people to participate in the guild activities, and as such, the game. We've had more people helping with conquest with the last round of changes and it'd be nice to keep that going in 6.0.

casirabit
07.25.2019 , 10:46 PM | #30
One step forward and then you make two or three steps back. I swear you don't really know what you want and I'm afraid by the time you do people will have stop playing. You want to make conquest a week long progress on one character, well then good luck. I will not just play one character and if that is the choice you want people to make well then forget conquest.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121