Chat bubbles

SeraphOO

Yes, it's been asked several times. The general response is "no" primarily because it would add significant lag onto the already stressed Hero engine.

Thats the usual answer the regular SWTOR-Player with a PC back from the 1999s states tho. People with a decent PC never experienced any lag so far thus why BioWare never stated anything regarding Chat bubbles recently so we never know.

Edited by Jesseriah

Thats the usual answer the regular SWTOR-Player with a PC back from the 1999s states tho. People with a decent PC never experienced any lag so far thus why BioWare never stated anything regarding Chat bubbles recently so we never know.

This is a blatant lie and you know it. My PC's three years old and plays pretty much anything fine; it can still struggle at times with SWTOR because the game is poorly optimized and incredibly intensive on your CPU, particularly in mulitplayer settings.

Edited by jedimasterjac

And this is the sort of response you get from people who know not of what they speak. 😂

But I'm too lazy to go through it all again. Just please take some time to look into the issue before making idiotic comments about 1999 computers.

And this is the sort of response you get from people who know not of what they speak. 😂

But I'm too lazy to go through it all again. Just please take some time to look into the issue before making idiotic comments about 1999 computers.

Thats why I never experienced any lag in no matter what content I am playing in SWTOR, because I have no clue what I am talking about. 😂

Edited by Jesseriah

From my understanding of the multitudinous previous discussions of this topic, feature consumed something like 400MB of video memory on the PC side to handle chat bubbles.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5739494#post5739494

From my understanding of the multitudinous previous discussions of this topic, feature consumed something like 400MB of video memory on the PC side to handle chat bubbles.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5739494#post5739494

It'll be ok for him, he's sitting in the pentagon surrounded by super computers....probably the only computer in the world that can run swtor seemlessly ;)

Not to mention, we've had all this in another thread, and he is just trying to stir it all up here again

Edited by DarkTergon

It'll be ok for him, he's sitting in the pentagon surrounded by super computers....probably the only computer in the world that can run swtor seemlessly ;)

Maybe he works at NASA and uses their supercomputers to run the game:rak_02: It would certainly explain the fact he seemingly has "no lag":rak_03:

Thats why I never experienced any lag in no matter what content I am playing in SWTOR, because I have no clue what I am talking about. 😂

No, lag has nothing to do with the fact you have no clues. Narcissism maybe, but not lag. 😂

But, just to clarify things for our listening audience:

Every CPU gets large fps drops in PvP, OPs, WBs, etc, crowded areas. If your CPU is 'strong' (fast) enough, those drops can be within the range of 30+ fps, which is "playable" and not as noticeable to some players; especially those that play consoles (Xbox, PS**).

However, the drops do happen, whether or not you have a clue about what's happening. 🙂

** Consoles generally speaking mostly run at only 30 fps.

Edited by JediQuaker

Could you post a link to the picture itself rather than the channel, so people who don't have a Discord login(1) (and lazy people like me who can't be bothered to log in to Discord just to looks at a picture)(2) can see it?

(1) There aren't many, but there are probably a few.

(2) This group is more numerous here, I would think.

I know right? And apologies for that. I experimented the other day with a pic hosted on Discord and it popped up without requiring log-in. It still does actually. Next post was this picture I linked above and now this pointless log-in prompt keeps popping up. So, I'll have to go investigate picture hosting sites again because Discord is the only social media platform I currently have (for Guild chat).

I use imgur.com which seems to work pretty well.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

I love how you and the other wannabe's like DarkTergon (who stated he has me on ignore but still reads every one of my posts and comments on them :rofl:) trys so hard to force their opinion on me. I stated multiple times that I experience no lag whatsoever in SWTOR and I give a flying ** if you or others believe me or not :'D. The fact that I can play SWTOR without any problems and can enjoy it and you are still trying to explain the world to me while you still suffer lag by yourself in everything you do ingame, proves that you have no clue at all and just trying to make yourself look better :'D. The only dude that suffers from narcisissm (and compares a discussion that you dont like with the Holocaust btw) is you, and I reported you btw for that comment anyway :)

So keep spaming your wannabe "knowledge" of CPU and PCs and whatever while I have fun in the game and appreciate SWTOR where you need to blame the engine and what not while your PC is just bad :)

Edited by Jesseriah

This must be a solo player, since I get lag all the time in PvP, GSF, and 16 man Ops are even worse for lag. Not to mention how bad the lag was when doing the Ossus world bosses in 5.10.

This must be a solo player, since I get lag all the time in PvP, GSF, and 16 man Ops are even worse for lag. Not to mention how bad the lag was when doing the Ossus world bosses in 5.10.

Probably doesn't play at all, and spends his time on korriban......He might even be 'that' guy who used to run around korriban, writing in all caps, and hiding under the stairs....could say more about that guy, but I think that's enough...lol

You'll either remember him or not.

At the end of the day I don't think they'll bring in chat bubbles, it'll cause too many issues.

* blah blah blah *

A challenge for you:

In game, turn on the fps counter (ctrl-shift-F)

Note the fps while sitting in your SH.

Note the (average) fps during normal play.

Note the fps during PvP or an OP, and then come back here and honestly tell us you get no fps drops** in PvP/OPs. 😂

** Yes, it might even be possible, with an i9-9900K or whatever, that you'll get close to 60fps, but you will get a large drop.

A challenge for you:

In game, turn on the fps counter (ctrl-shift-F)

Note the fps while sitting in your SH.

Note the (average) fps during normal play.

Note the fps during PvP or an OP, and then come back here and honestly tell us you get no fps drops** in PvP/OPs. 😂

** Yes, it might even be possible, with an i9-9900K or whatever, that you'll get close to 60fps, but you will get a large drop.

He will probably still say it's fine, if he even bothers. It's why I put him on ignore, he's just not worth it, and I knew I'd say something that would get me in to trouble...lol

Doesn't matter anyway, he's a part timer, he'll be gone soon

Yes this! After coming across from other MMOs I find it weird that this still isn't a feature. This game is ahead of other games in other quality of life measures but seems to be lacking in some basics such as this. Edited by meraaa

Yes this! After coming across from other MMOs I find it weird that this still isn't a feature. This game is ahead of other games in other quality of life measures but seems to be lacking in some basics such as this.

try reading the whole thread, and possibly the others like it. It's one of these ideas that sounds great, but in practice it won't work, especially with the engine SWTOR is built on. There is a valid reason why it's not a feature, and TBH, it will probably never be one t(Maybe if they do a swtor 2.0, with a decent engine, it might happen...lol )