Does the bolster mechanic hurt Scoundrels in BG's?

Frostsaeber

I've been roaming the deserts of Tatooine (level 29) easily destroying imps questing in their respective zones. I have have a rather impressive success record, I win about 3:1 of the fights, I've even done a job on party of 2, vanished, recuperated quickly, jumped back in and killed the other.

Every now and then I get a floored by an imp, but that's how I learn :)

Anyway, I find that all the classes are balanced against scrapper scoundrel, and scrapper scoundrel is balanced against them. I'd imagine if I wasn't ganking them in the middle of questing I'd have a more 1:1 ktd than 3:1 (although I rarely die since I just vanish and **** haha, but I do consider it defeat).

Anyway, when I get into BG's, I notice that every class seems to fair much better against me in 1v1, I'll open (at level 29) with Tranq, followed by:

1 Det Charge,2 Vital Shot (neither breaks the tranq): 3 Backblast, 4 Blaster Whip, (5,6) Suckerpunch x2, 7 Kick, 8 Backblast, 9 Blaster Whip, 10 Sucker

Usually this is enough to kill anyone (without my companion) on Tatooine, or force them to use GCD's on defensive cooldowns, and bring them to near death.

When I do this in BG's, I'm lucky if I even get them to 60%. Yet, the moment they look at me, my health drops to about 10%.

Is this Bolster mechanic not balanced? That is all I can think of.

(Feel free to join me on Tatootine, Server: Propechy of Five, Name: Jaesmine, must be level 30 or lower!)

EDIT:

I've noticed that Imps usually have 6+ sorcs per bg, maybe that's also the problem?

Edited by Frostsaeber

The game just went F2P and there are 40 year olds to 12 year olds roaming around leveling

Once you play some one competent who puts a gap between your target and yourself. You will see the ops lack of gap close is terribly frustrating.

Unless you like to heal I would re roll. Or hope Bioware does something for you in the xpansion

you are level 29. you know nothing of balance in WZs

I have two 50's noob,

also this is about LOW LEVELS

That buff only applies to sub level 50 toons. So I think you missed the entire point.

Edited by Frostsaeber

The game just went F2P and there are 40 year olds to 12 year olds roaming around leveling

Once you play some one competent who puts a gap between your target and yourself. You will see the ops lack of gap close is terribly frustrating.

Unless you like to heal I would re roll. Or hope Bioware does something for you in the xpansion

I've noticed once a sorc or bounty hunter manages to get 20+ yards, I have to vanish out of the engagement.

I have two 50's noob,

also this is about LOW LEVELS

That buff only applies to sub level 50 toons. So I think you missed the entire point.

so what are you suggesting? that bolster somehow has a negative effect on just scoundrels?

maybe you should say these things in your head before you post them...

so what are you suggesting? that bolster somehow has a negative effect on just scoundrels?

maybe you should say these things in your head before you post them...

Perhaps the lower levels receive far too much a of Hit Point boost, where a scoundrel cannot sustain the dps flow (it's a high burst class) in order to bring down the opponent in time.

Scoundrel seems fine in world PvP, it seems broken in BG's. I've noticed a huge difference, especially facing people my own level in bg's. I'll fight the exact same people on occasion on Tatooine, and I smoke them hands down, same person in the bg, and I can't even drop them below 50% before I die

Actually is was this very incident that encouraged the posting of this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine it this way. Suppose everyone had their health doubled at 50, from what it is now. However, all damage output remained the same for all classes, do you think a scoundrel would be as viable?

Edited by Frostsaeber

Perhaps the lower levels receive far too much a of Hit Point boost, where a scoundrel cannot sustain the dps flow (it's a high burst class) in order to bring down the opponent in time.

If a Deception/Infiltration Assassin/Shadow can, then a Dirty Fighting/Concealment Scoundrel/Operative can.

Invest more into crit/surge, get to level 42.

Shoot First and Flechette Round do a lot of the job for you in WZ's. Plus, most people in sub50 are in the high 30s or 40s and have the advantage of more abilities. When enemies are opening the gap (like when you said you vanish when they're 20m away), I find Tendon Blast's movement reduction helps to bridge the gap, as well as the one skill tree box that allows Sneak to be used out of stealth and increase movement speed. In any case, your routine will change at level 36 with Shoot First as you're gonna wanna open with that instead of the setup of Det Charge and Vital Shot. That is helpful in some cases, but Shoot First is almost always the better option, especially with a second of knockdown. I too love to travel around on my 36 Scrapper surprising unsuspecting Imps (sorry, I get bored), and I find the surprise factor plays a huge role in open PvP. In WZ's, you can expect Scrappers to come after you, but rarely just outside your base on Tatooine. In any case, it isn't Bolster. Everyone sub50 can get buffed for similar stats, but a competent level 49 will ALWAYS beat a level 10 due to the simple fact that they have more at their disposal.

I understand what you are saying: Normally you can burst people down. But in a WZ, they are bolstered high enough that they can withstand your initial burst, and are able to recover and respond.

Its possible that your toon is at a weak spot in the leveling process. Other classes of similar level may have more defensive cooldowns available and at this point you just cant overcome them. Maybe in a few levels youll get more skills that add to your burst.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

And 8 year olds too, lol.

I too love to travel around on my 36 Scrapper surprising unsuspecting Imps (sorry, I get bored), and I find the surprise factor plays a huge role in open PvP. In WZ's, you can expect Scrappers to come after you, but rarely just outside your base on Tatooine.

This is almost certainly the biggest difference. I don't think it's a stat thing, I think it's because a Scoundrel/Operative jumping a completely unsuspecting person from stealth will automatically have a huge advantage, whereas someone in a warzone is on their toes.