Moving to RP server

ejbsuperbat

I am considering moving to an RP server. Is it worth it? I am on a PVE server and I really want to Roleplay-

1- are server transfers still 90 CC?

2- do people actually RP on RP servers and how often?

3- are there any cons about transferring?

4- should I know anything before transferring?

Whether or not it is worth it is really up to you, to be honest.

1.) As of now, yes.

2.) Fairly often, but it mostly happens in group chat and guild chat. Sometimes you will see people RPing on the fleet and such. You will very likely see guild gathering on different planets though. I had a massive guild meeting on Tython once before I switch over to Shadowlands.

3.) Not really. Ebon Hawk for instance, functions pretty much the same as the Shadowlands PVE server. Only real difference you will notice are the people RPing in chat

4.) If you transfer to an RP server, beware the random appearance of 'wrong chat' ERP posts. They will scar you for life.

Edited by TraxusAngel

I got the impression that people on RP servers are more serious folks. Especially regarding character names.

Well I am on a RP server and I can tell you that it's the same bunch of people on PVE servers and the same silly character names. Perhaps even worse because some people only create toons on RP servers to troll the population and I've already met my fair share.

The only serious ones are the actual RP-ers but because we've got a bunch of people rolling on the server because they think somehow RP servers have more mature people we also have a huge population of non-RP people.

Edited by Kirameki