"heavy" armoring mods?

SvnStrSlm

So while at work it just popped in my head, are mods armor class specific? Example could you theoreticaly take an armor mod from heavy armor and put it in light armor? If so is there a significant armor difference from "heavy" armor mods and "light" armor mods? I just wonder if this could be an untapped area for increase survivability through armor and 30% armor buff talent. Yeah we may lose some willpower but this is aimed more at Inf since most of our damage is talent based.

You can put strength or aim armoring mods in your light armor. However, the amount of mitigation given is determined by the armor type (light, medium, heavy). So putting a Trooper mod in your armor won't increase your mitigation.

the total armor value of a piece of modded gear is dependent on some (presently unknown to me) ratio of the armoring mods armor rating to the class of armor (light, med., heavy). the heavier the armor the more armoring value one gets from the same armoring mod, which is why vanguards and guardians will have better total armor values than shadows. we get boosts from our tanking stance though, so dont go thinking that heavy armor tanks have an edge gearwise.

mods are not class or anything based, and as far as i know other than armor value all the other stats they give, including defensive ones, are flat across the board for all armor and class types.

also the type of gear will affect the formula, so the same armoring mod on the same heaviness of armor will give more armor value on a chestpiece than boots. not sure of the others, in fact only relatively sure of all this.

contrary to what the aholes are implying, this is not common knowledge nor that intuitive.

It's completely intuitive and very common knowledge insofar as anyone who's ever put an armor mod in anything knows that's how it works. If you've somehow never touched a piece of orange gear, or you've never looked at a modification before, I guess you wouldn't know, but if you have that little experience with the game don't make a thread that reads like you had some kind of epiphany and can't believe no one else has ever thought of putting a 'heavy' armor mod in light armor, because then it just seems like you take everyone else for a fool. What would be the point of different armor classes if you could get heavy armor rating with everything? Helping new players is all well and good so long as there's a minimum of effort on their part before spouting moronic things and treating those things like a Eureka! moment

While i am not saying op had the smartest idea he sure doesnt deserve all this flaming. He had an idea and came for some advice on the forum. Even more, op was at work while he thought of that thus coulndt check it ingame, and we all(well those of us that work) know how work can get boring and u r willing to post anything just to get some conversation started to make time pass.

And no, the armor scaling mechanism isnt the most intuitive thing and just equipping a few mods wont make u know that and it is by no means common knowledge, that would mean most know about it, yet i bet most dont. Now if all u flamers think u r so much better than everyone else cause u play this game since beta and u have it all figured out and u r oh so cool even though u probably dont have any real life, well u can all just get together and burn each others eyes out and leave the rest of community alone.

Medium Armor A <------Different------> Heavy Armor B

Armor 284 (Rating 82) <---Different---> Armor 362 (Rating 82)

[Jedi Armoring 22] <------Same------> [Jedi Armoring 22]

+22 Blumpkins <---------Same--------> +22 Blumpkins

Conclusion: Same mod in different item produces different armor rating but same stat bonus.

[sarcasm]Only the super elite no-lifers could possibly glean that from the provided information! BW's system is not intuitive at all and this is not common knowledge by far![/sarcasm]

Seriously? I mean come on. You really had to pull the no-lifers insult just because you think this is hard to understand? Like I said, helping new players is all well and good when there's a minimum of effort on their part, otherwise you're just encouraging the dumbing-down of games and spoon-feeding of players.

[Jedi Armoring 22] <------Same------> [Jedi Armoring 22]

+22 Blumpkins <---------Same--------> +22 Blumpkins

Conclusion: Same mod in different item produces different armor rating but same stat bonus.

[sarcasm]Only the super elite no-lifers could possibly glean that from the provided information! BW's system is not intuitive at all and this is not common knowledge by far![/sarcasm]

Seriously? I mean come on. You really had to pull the no-lifers insult just because you think this is hard to understand? Like I said, helping new players is all well and good when there's a minimum of effort on their part, otherwise you're just encouraging the dumbing-down of games and spoon-feeding of players.

Get over yourself. He went to a forum dedicated to game discussion to ask questions about how the mechanics worked. If you're not interested in helping or being part of the discussion then don't post, ignore the thread, and move on to the next one.

Like I said, helping new players is all well and good when there's a minimum of effort on their part

To this part I do agree.

The answers to these kinds of could be discovered by just keeping one's eyes open when playing the game.

And by the way

This is Wrong.

The rating does not change. Only the armor value does.

And even your own example given disproves your conclusion

In both of those the rating was 82, but the heavy armor had more armor.

To this part I do agree.

The answers to these kinds of could be discovered by just keeping one's eyes open when playing the game.

And by the way

This is Wrong.

The rating does not change. Only the armor value does.

And even your own example given disproves your conclusion

In both of those the rating was 82, but the heavy armor had more armor.

Yeah, both were indicated as rating 82. Meaning heavy armor and medium armor of same quality have different armor values. I don't see what you're disagreeing with. By stat bonus I meant the +22.

To everyone else, I answered concisely at first, then someone called me an elitist no lifer because I can understand the simple information provided by the game. But I'm the disrespectful one, absolutely.

Edited by Daiyukie