Huttball stalling, really becoming a problem

MasterTrunks

It's not about the medals, it's about throwing the ball, enjoying the map. People deathmatching all over the place. Getting knocked into the acid or fire. The pulls and all that. Hell, if the other team got up the gumption, that would be even more fun. That's why I like to stretch out my matches.

Ok OP, judging by your desperate call for change, this happened a few times. Yes, I imagine that can be very frustrating. Tbh, I don't think BW are likely to change it soon.

However, I do have a question. Why did you get more than one Huttball match last night and I didn't????:rak_02:

However, I do have a question. Why did you get more than one Huttball match last night and I didn't????:rak_02:

That's what I want to know. I'll take more than one HB match on any night. Hell, I'd rather be farmed in a Huttball than win in almost any other map.

I wonder if it's faster to gain Valor by staying an a WZ for an extra 10 minutes farming Valor...

...or quickly winning that match and spending the10 minutes saved Q-ing and winning another WZ?

I suppose it depends on your server. A high-pop PVP server might have Qs every few minutes, but if you are on a slow night during non-peak hours I guess there is the only time to farm.

it hurts your valor. someone argued with me that it helps with xp. I don not think so. but maybe mine is the only server in the game that pops every 2 minutes or less.

I've done this in lowbie. Longer game = more exp. You get hardly any exp for a 3minute 6-0 Huttball :(

Need some theory crafting on this. Presumably you want to maximize XP per minute of real time. We have a variety of different use cases to consider:

• doing PvE content between WZs (this gains XP)
  • sitting on fleet waiting for the queue to pop (perhaps crafting)
  • average wait between queue pops
  • ???

It can't take that long to get to 8 medals in a faceroll huttball and once you have 8 you have maxed out your rewards, right?

If you are already in endgame then XP is a pointless metric so perhaps we look only at commendations and credits and the time killer between WZs is PvE dailies (or something similar).

I'm skeptical that, for lowbie farming huttball rather than winning ASAP is the best ROI of your time for gaining XP.

Edited by funkiestj