Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 - Combat Medic - Major Nerfs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
1.2 - Combat Medic - Major Nerfs

Blasphemerr
03.16.2012 , 11:44 PM | #1
Combat Medic - http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes
  • Field Training now increases critical chance by 1% per point. -3% critical chance
  • Field Triage now reduces the cost of Medical Probe by 1 (down from 2).
  • Kolto Bomb now affects up to 4 targets (up from 3), improving reliability in group and Operation situations.
  • Kolto Residue now increases all healing received by 3% (down from 5%).
  • Psych Aid no longer reduces the cost of Field Aid. It now causes Field Aid to heal the target for a small amount.
  • Supercharge Cells now restores 1 Energy Cell (down from 2) when used and increases all damage and healing dealt by 5% (down from 10%). The shield applied by Kolto Bomb now reduces damage taken by 5% (down from 10%).
  • Trauma Probe now costs 2 Energy Cells to activate.

I don't understand how devs were able to decide on all of the above changes, presumably implying we were somehow overpowered PVE healers. This is very disappointing.
Something pretentious.

RicardoL
03.16.2012 , 11:46 PM | #2
ridiculous nerf, I will no longer play as a healer, fortunately, I was already getting my DPS set, now, this will be my main role...

Naizgrel
03.16.2012 , 11:48 PM | #3
The healer nerf was needed, its not normal that a healer can outheal your DPS on 1v1 and then kill you.
Sev, i know you are alive.

Blasphemerr
03.16.2012 , 11:53 PM | #4
I don't know what you're talking about, SWTOR is a PVE game-- quite clearly. Do not nerf classes because of pvp (under 10% of the game population?) seriously.
Something pretentious.

RicardoL
03.17.2012 , 12:02 AM | #5
In PvE was not needed, it wasn't easy to heal in Operations, it was simple to nerf in PvP without nerfing PvE, just increasing the trauma debuff

TehMerc
03.17.2012 , 12:24 AM | #6
I woulda done something with trauma first since healers were pretty strong overall, not necessarily just combat medics in pvp.

But don't make comments that it's a small subset of the game, with how laughably easy pve content is outside of bugs and rng mmk?
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwormbified View Post
Perhaps the worst topic in Frogdog history.
Meme it up.

Garic_Wildstar
03.17.2012 , 12:39 AM | #7
Yea complete BS. We were told Medic was getting buffed and Grav was getting nerfed. Grav did gt a small nerf imo, but these changes to Medic... ***? Why? Makes no sense to lower healing all around, increase ammo costs when it already costs enough, and nerf KB. All they did was raise the KB targets by 1??? And the trade-off was this? Yea, this patch looks better and better....
Garýc Starsider:RECTOR
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Tanis_Orillion
03.17.2012 , 01:52 AM | #8
I do not understand the reasoning behind this nerf at all. I have had to PROVE to my guild mates and others on my server that the Combat Medic can be just as viable of a healer as the Sage, and still that has required a lot of effort on my part. Healing as a trooper in HM's/OP's was already difficult because of not having a very effective AOE which I am happy to see is getting a little help, however I dont think the rest of the changes are worth getting one extra chance to heal a random person to my KB. I dont see how the Combat Medic is so uber in pvp either. I guess using full battlemaster gear with expertise could make you a bit powerful, but Combat Medic DPS is total crap. Thing is now though with the nerfs to the DPS side of the commando its almost not worth it to dump being a healer and respec to dps. These nerfs to the trooper class commando/vanguard are uncalled for.

I for one would really like to see the proof behind the claims that the Trooper is overpowered, other than just people's random conjecture that comes from their pvp experiences.

It seems rather silly to me that most people will claim their opponent is too powerful before they admit that they either suck or that someone else is better than them. As far as my pvp skills go I will be the first to admit that I totally suck in pvp, thats why I dont do it all that often.

Proksham
03.17.2012 , 01:53 AM | #9
Yes, let's nerf the med tree and STILL not give them a battle rez.

brilliant!
Bigperm - Wizard
Empire
Srs customer service taken quite srsly
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Cat...ter,14909.html

Cormacus
03.17.2012 , 01:57 AM | #10
I don't understand this nerf - what are they thinking!? Combat Medic's will no longer be viable. They will burn ammo like nothing else now and won't be able to keep up You can forget about healing in hardmode or operations. Total surprise and utter disappointment.

A bad class made even worse. So disappointed.