Arsenal Mercs have zero survivability

Typheran

Title says it all for those TLDR sloped forehead types.

first off I love my Merc. I really like arsenal spec... but I hate my survivability. I have a 50 merc with almost a full set of champ gear. If left alone I will top the damage and sometimes the kill chart. But, if one melee person decides to stalk me that round I fall to the 5 to 6 range in both categories.

Arsenal Mercs have zero survivability.

Jetblast you say? well glad you thought of it... it's fairly situational and almost useless. It seems to work ok in huttball, where you can toss people off the ramps, but in void star of civil war? Useless. Sure it will keep you alive for a second longer, but you still die.

Concussion blast? Useless you use Surge first you will be half dead before you cast it. Even if you land it your only option is to run, as they will either break out of it and continue to molest you. The cool down on it makes it unrealistic to be relied on.

electro dart is pretty my in the same boat as con blast, minus the cast time.

Our shield, while minimally helpful isn't helpful enough to save you consistently. (unlike the Sorc shield that make you immune to knock back)

So.. in short, barring a few situational abilities we are pretty much defenseless.

My solution would be for BH to have a blink like ability. Much like mages in WOW. Finally using this jetpack on my back would be cool. I don't mind being immoble to DSP, but I should have the ability to defend myself.

Edited by Typheran

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you expect to have high survivability plus amazing dps as well?

IA comes to mind, both Operative/sniper. Assassin comes to mind as well. As well as a juggernaut(not on the "Amazing" dps, but they can tear ppl up pretty quick if you let them)

So yes, we (and most likely even you) expect some form of survivability.

IA comes to mind, both Operative/sniper. Assassin comes to mind as well. As well as a juggernaut(not on the "Amazing" dps, but they can tear ppl up pretty quick if you let them)

So yes, we (and most likely even you) expect some form of survivability.

Operatives and snipers have high survivability?

What are you on, i want some

So you expect to have high survivability plus amazing dps as well?

In a word...YES!

Our dps is high but what does it matter if we die? If you read the op's post he is dying despite this AMAZING dps.

We may be at the tip of the dps but it's all AOE splash damage that is pretty inefective most of the time...it just adds up to make a big score over a match. Once any player notices us we can do very little to get away as out cc is the least of all the classes. If concusion missle was an instant it would go a long way to helping us escape.

In a word...YES!

Our dps is high but what does it matter if we die? If you read the op's post he is dying despite this AMAZING dps.

We may be at the tip of the dps but it's all AOE splash damage that is pretty inefective most of the time...it just adds up to make a big score over a match. Once any player notices us we can do very little to get away as out cc is the least of all the classes. If concusion missle was an instant it would go a long way to helping us escape.

yes a lot of our damage is mostly aoe/splash meaning you have to play your class almost sniperish and from cover/range. I get the feeling a lot of bh's are running into the fight and getting caught in the mix instead of being at max range which is where we belong. Powertech is the tree if you want to be in people's faces.

If you want more suvivability what do you suggest? More cc's? Self heals? Give me an example of what you think would make up last longer in pvp.

yes a lot of our damage is mostly aoe/splash meaning you have to play your class almost sniperish and from cover/range. I get the feeling a lot of bh's are running into the fight and getting caught in the mix instead of being at max range which is where we belong. Powertech is the tree if you want to be in people's faces.

If you want more suvivability what do you suggest? More cc's? Self heals? Give me an example of what you think would make up last longer in pvp.

Staying at max range only lasts as long as no one notices you...most melee have leap that will close to you from near your max range...

Happens every match in Void star....I run up till I can cast at my MAX range...fire off maybe two-three abilitys and get a jedi leaping in my face.

But I'm staying at RANGE like all the helpfull poster say I shold be doing!

It is completly impossible to dps someone down who can leap like that before they close on you....if you use your jets they just leap right back...electro dart them....run for 4 sec and get maybe 5 feet as your slowed from that stupid damage snare thing in pvp.

Staying at max range only lasts as long as no one notices you...most melee have leap that will close to you from near your max range...

Happens every match in Void star....I run up till I can cast at my MAX range...fire off maybe two-three abilitys and get a jedi leaping in my face.

But I'm staying at RANGE like all the helpfull poster say I shold be doing!

It is completly impossible to dps someone down who can leap like that before they close on you....if you use your jets they just leap right back...electro dart them....run for 4 sec and get maybe 5 feet as your slowed from that stupid damage snare thing in pvp.

no class in this game has 2 leaps

no class in this game has 2 leaps

So what is the cool down on the jedi leap ability? After I fired my jets I was shocked when he lept right back to me....I was positive he started the fight that way and was sure I could get a little space.

Edit:

Just checked...Jedi have Zelous leap from 10m....so thats 2! Check your facts before you troll.

Edited by Hadlis

Yes, at level 10.. we all had the infinite wisdom and knowledge of how endgame would be as a Bounty-Hunter.

Not much to do about it now.

Really? The game came out 20 days ago.......in another 20 days you could have any other class up to the same level you are now :)

Title says it all for those TLDR sloped forehead types.

first off I love my Merc. I really like arsenal spec... but I hate my survivability. I have a 50 merc with almost a full set of champ gear. If left alone I will top the damage and sometimes the kill chart. But, if one melee person decides to stalk me that round I fall to the 5 to 6 range in both categories.

Arsenal Mercs have zero survivability.

Jetblast you say? well glad you thought of it... it's fairly situational and almost useless. It seems to work ok in huttball, where you can toss people off the ramps, but in void star of civil war? Useless. Sure it will keep you alive for a second longer, but you still die.

Concussion blast? Useless you use Surge first you will be half dead before you cast it. Even if you land it your only option is to run, as they will either break out of it and continue to molest you. The cool down on it makes it unrealistic to be relied on.

electro dart is pretty my in the same boat as con blast, minus the cast time.

Our shield, while minimally helpful isn't helpful enough to save you consistently. (unlike the Sorc shield that make you immune to knock back)

So.. in short, barring a few situational abilities we are pretty much defenseless.

My solution would be for BH to have a blink like ability. Much like mages in WOW. Finally using this jetpack on my back would be cool. I don't mind being immoble to DSP, but I should have the ability to defend myself.

Sorceror shield does not make you immune to knock back.....

And wait, are you saying that wearing heavy armor and getting a further 10% damage reduction from spamming your main ability isnt good survivability? Not to mention getting pretty much the same CC as sorcerors and a temp 25% damage reduction bubble?

I would like what you are smoking sir. I have a 50 merc and a 50 sorc, and the merc can take four times the beating the sorc can.

And wait, are you saying that wearing heavy armor and getting a further 10% damage reduction from spamming your main ability isnt good survivability? Not to mention getting pretty much the same CC as sorcerors and a temp 25% damage reduction bubble?

I would like what you are smoking sir. I have a 50 merc and a 50 sorc, and the merc can take four times the beating the sorc can.

Your bubble STOPS damage and DOES STOP knockback. until it drops. Your heals are better and force run easily out paces tracer spam. If you cant consistantly beat a Merc.. then that's on you.

Mercs have no interrupts.. you can heal through their damage.

Plus, a good sorc will out damage a Merc and do more healing.

Sounds like you need more time on your Sorc. No offense.

Operative/Scoundrel can **** you from stealth 5-8k instant crits, + have 2 instant stuns + absorb shield :/

considering that we lack interrupts,a reliable shield,and our only tool against melee units it's a knockdown that only works well when we are on top of a ledge ill say yes,we need a little more survivability

adding new ability is just silly,devs would never do something like that,we can only change the talent points

for istance i would grant to the arsenal unload the ability to root people instead of just snaring them for 2 pathetic seconds...

OR

instead of giving a reduction on the CD of concussion missile i would prefer a reduction on the cast time,2 second is too much,if i dont combine it with power surge most of the time my target runned away or interrupted me

i personally think that an ability that would allow us to engange the jetpack to fly away from the enemy would be neat,but alas we are not getting a new ability till the new expansion

Edited by Gadrak

Put Tracer on a 4.5 sec CD. Make it instant. Slight buff to Power Shot damage. Would really free up the spec for more mobility. You could always spam Power Shot if people decide to leave you alone.

if this happened, I would spec 10 into pyro and use CGC for the chance to slow the target.

Put Tracer on a 4.5 sec CD. Make it instant. Slight buff to Power Shot damage. Would really free up the spec for more mobility. You could always spam Power Shot if people decide to leave you alone.

if this happened, I would spec 10 into pyro and use CGC for the chance to slow the target.

Not a good idea, Arsenal mercs need to stick heat signatures fast.

But I agree our main problem is mobility. Now, Arsenal gets improved Jet Boost and that really helps (though mostly in Huttbal or wherever you can push your opp off a ledge, bridge etc) and the KD on Rocket Punch, but Pyros really are screwed, their supposed mobility doesn't help much because 1)you stilll have to stop moving to cast Powershot/Fusion/Unload 2)Pretty much every oher class gets a leap, a grapple, a passive/active speed buff or a combination of both, so kiting really doesn't work well.

At the moment the only templates that offer some degree of survivability must have those 2 points into the rocket punch/jet boost skills, which is probably not the way it should be.