Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3.0 Mercenary/DPS guide by Fascinate & Marisi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
3.0 Mercenary/DPS guide by Fascinate & Marisi

BreakingNews
04.11.2015 , 03:18 PM | #191
The stat distribution is assuming bis 198 and all companion buffs
FASCINATE "KEVIN" RAMEN

starrlorrd
04.12.2015 , 08:12 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by BreakingNews View Post
Uploaded 10 consecutive parses today with what I think is the ideal stat distribution. Link to the parses.

Lowest parse: 4815
Highest parse: 5197
Average: 4968

Stat distribution:
Aim: 4463 (with stim)
Accuracy: 756
Crit: 612
Surge: 360
Alacrity: 240
How would u transfer those stats into only 192 BiS gear for maximum reliable dps ??

Something like that would be ok ??
Accuracy: 772
Aim: 4355
Crit : 520
Surge : 351
Alacrity : 222

Final Q , how do u guyz get those 39 APMs , key binding ? With 130ms lag on Red Ecplise since new patch is very difficult to get two magshots in IM debuff window(debuff ends before hititn second magshot). Any tips ? What was urs Ping while doing those parses ??

All help gladly appreciated

Goatwhore
04.13.2015 , 11:26 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by starrlorrd View Post
Final Q , how do u guyz get those 39 APMs , key binding ? With 130ms lag on Red Ecplise since new patch is very difficult to get two magshots in IM debuff window(debuff ends before hititn second magshot). Any tips ? What was urs Ping while doing those parses ??

All help gladly appreciated
That's some bad lag man. Either way, you should never be a clicker. Second, someone might have to help me remember the exact location, but somewhere under preferences, either UI or controls, you can set the ability queue timer all the way up to 1 second. Do that, and have about 120-240 alacrity ~/= 39APM.

starrlorrd
04.13.2015 , 12:28 PM | #194
thank you very much

KraytAssassin
04.15.2015 , 08:32 PM | #195
Uploaded 10 consecutive parses today with what I think is the ideal stat distribution. Link to the parses.

Stat distribution:
Time to adjust gear

AriaOfHavoc
04.16.2015 , 04:15 PM | #196

Stat distribution:
Okay so if anyone on the thread could give me a good pointer here, it would be appreciated.

My Current Stats:
Aim: 4472 with stim
Accuracy: 754 (so close, yet so far)
Crit: 602
Surge: 333
Alacrity: 111
Augments: 13 Aim and 1 Accuracy

Now I want to get the alacrity a little closer to what the Zorz guy linked. Anybody in here have ideas about how to bump that without removing the 100 or so surge I would lose by swapping an enhancement? (Note aside from some 198 comm enhancements for the increased acc I'm basically in full resurrected (also minus one implant))

The best I can think is to play with the augment distribution and either lose a surge enhancement and throw some surge augments in where I have aim ones now, or throw alacrity augments in. The augments are 52 each so if I grab 2 of surge or alacrity it boost the numbers by 104. If I just put alacrity in it will send my total to 215 and drop aim stats by 104 and a little crit. If I drop a surge enhance to get the 222 alacrity and compensate via surge augments (assuming two) it sends me to 326 surge or 378 assuming three. The alacrity augment route is by far the cheaper of the two as it doesn't mess with anything other than buying two new augments and then taking out the aim ones. Frankly I'm not sure where the best place to adjust this is to hit the stats listed. Granted trying to copy someone's stats may not be the best strategy in the world, but having tangible numbers to reach for makes this gearing grind more enticing.

Goatwhore
04.16.2015 , 06:00 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by AriaOfHavoc View Post
Okay so if anyone on the thread could give me a good pointer here, it would be appreciated.

My Current Stats:
Aim: 4472 with stim
Accuracy: 754 (so close, yet so far)
Crit: 602
Surge: 333
Alacrity: 111
Augments: 13 Aim and 1 Accuracy

Now I want to get the alacrity a little closer to what the Zorz guy linked. Anybody in here have ideas about how to bump that without removing the 100 or so surge I would lose by swapping an enhancement? (Note aside from some 198 comm enhancements for the increased acc I'm basically in full resurrected (also minus one implant))

The best I can think is to play with the augment distribution and either lose a surge enhancement and throw some surge augments in where I have aim ones now, or throw alacrity augments in. The augments are 52 each so if I grab 2 of surge or alacrity it boost the numbers by 104. If I just put alacrity in it will send my total to 215 and drop aim stats by 104 and a little crit. If I drop a surge enhance to get the 222 alacrity and compensate via surge augments (assuming two) it sends me to 326 surge or 378 assuming three. The alacrity augment route is by far the cheaper of the two as it doesn't mess with anything other than buying two new augments and then taking out the aim ones. Frankly I'm not sure where the best place to adjust this is to hit the stats listed. Granted trying to copy someone's stats may not be the best strategy in the world, but having tangible numbers to reach for makes this gearing grind more enticing.
The stat distribution you're looking to achieve is based upon 198 BiS. The essential breakdown is 5 198 BiS accuracy pieces (enhancement/implant/ear) and 3 purple acc augs, which brings you to 756 acc (99.99%/109.99%). This frees up a slot (ear/implant/enhancement) for more surge/alacrity.

Example: I personally have revanite ear/implant/3 198 BiS enhancements, and 3 augments w/ accuracy, 3 surge enhancements, and 2 alacrity enhancements. This gives me 99.99% acc, 360 surge, and 240 alacrity.

Since you're resurrected gear only offers 111 in tertiary stats (acc/surge/alacrity), you simply can't reach those numbers until you get some revanite gear, or the enhancements from the trash gear in HM OPs.

AriaOfHavoc
04.16.2015 , 07:14 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Goatwhore View Post
The stat distribution you're looking to achieve is based upon 198 BiS. The essential breakdown is 5 198 BiS accuracy pieces (enhancement/implant/ear) and 3 purple acc augs, which brings you to 756 acc (99.99%/109.99%). This frees up a slot (ear/implant/enhancement) for more surge/alacrity.

Example: I personally have revanite ear/implant/3 198 BiS enhancements, and 3 augments w/ accuracy, 3 surge enhancements, and 2 alacrity enhancements. This gives me 99.99% acc, 360 surge, and 240 alacrity.

Since you're resurrected gear only offers 111 in tertiary stats (acc/surge/alacrity), you simply can't reach those numbers until you get some revanite gear, or the enhancements from the trash gear in HM OPs.
Yeah I should have been more detailed. I figured these were 198 stats, I was trying to work out a base for the 192s that would add up logically when accounting for the difference. The spread of stats you mentioned (e.g. how many augments etc.) actually helped that math out tremendously.

Droyan
04.17.2015 , 01:24 AM | #199
I just ask me If the trade of 2 augment aim for 1 enhancement alacrity or surge is better in term of DPS.

Finaly, you lose 22,93 damage bonus for gain 120 surge or 120 alacrity.

Someone testing and compare perhaps the 2 possibilities ?

MasterWentz
04.17.2015 , 10:55 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Droyan View Post
I just ask me If the trade of 2 augment aim for 1 enhancement alacrity or surge is better in term of DPS.
Finaly, you lose 22,93 damage bonus for gain 120 surge or 120 alacrity.

Someone testing and compare perhaps the 2 possibilities ?
The masters may chime in but what that comes down to is resources.

If you have slightly more resource you can effectively use more resource thus doing more damage. With total combat time, you have a little more to use every GCD, and that adds up quickly to a lot. Personally I have seen a ~200 point swing in dps in 192 gear, and just recently a small bump from that 111 to 120 alacrity despite losing what seemed to be 2% or more Critical Multiplier (Surge) so its well worth it. Shockingly so.

So dropping a few points of damage bonus for several non auto attacks will invariably be a dps increase.
Master Wentz