Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Kelticfury
02.12.2012 , 02:49 PM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
Are you really saying MARAUDERS are OP? Not sorcs? Do you want to see where the last thread claiming marauders are OP? It consisted of 3 pages of people laughing at the guy for claiming the absolute worst PvP class needed a nerf.

My guildies can do the same thing I do when they queue. A bounty hunter guildie of mine regularly dominates the every warzone with minimal effort.
Saying that Marauders/Sentinels are the "absolutely worst pvp class" just proves you are a troll and the rest of your post, regardless of validity is going to be cast in that light.

Anyone who bothers to take the time to learn Marauder/Sentinel is a powerhouse.

You ruined any credibility you might have had duder.

Varicite
02.12.2012 , 02:50 PM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurence View Post
No, definitely not.
This, exactly.

You'd be a free kill for at least half the classes in this game, and that's what I'm getting from this thread.

That's what they want you to be.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

HBninjaX
02.12.2012 , 02:51 PM | #533
marauders are pretty strong but he's right that a BH can loldps their way to victory and secure way more medals in a warzone for far less effort.

Tumri
02.12.2012 , 02:54 PM | #534
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post
Why is there no LoS in your equation? Every single environment provides ample LoS which is a direct counter to ranged classes.

Huttball? LoS and run up to him.

Voidstar? LoS around a pillar and run around the ranged line to him.

Alderaan? Go around the fray and get him from the side.

I run up to them all the time; I don't have Jet Charge or a leap ability, and my 1 gap closer is my Grapple, which I save for Force Charge. It's a kamikaze tactic, since I am also usually running past the melee fray AND the ranged line who might all turn and target me. That's fine; taking out an enemy sage/sorc is generally a win for a straight dps.

It's like taking out a queen w/ a pawn.

I know exactly what it feels like to wade through the pebble/lightning storm at times, and if I'm caught at range w/out LoS, I know that I'm at a disadvantage. I still don't feel this makes them OP, because if I catch them in melee range, they are the ones at a disadvantage.

The wonderful bubble takes all of 2 hits to get through from even my mediocre dps, and they are not doing any damage to me while I break it.

I could see a case for a Sorc on the bridges for Huttball, as the knockback is very tough to deal w/ for a lot of melee classes, but even this can be countered with good positional awareness most of the time.

I don't mean to make it sound like a fight w/ a Sorc is absolutely trivial; it's not. A good Sorc will be LoS'ing you w/ Affliction up and trying to gain distance to get at least a tick or 2 of Force Lightning off for the Wrath proc. If they proc it, they WILL drop Crushing Darkness on you to continue doing damage on the move. If you let them get even more range, they will steadily eat your health bar.

What I am saying is that most classes have the tools to deal w/ this methodology, and it feels like most people have simply altogether given up on even trying to figure out how to beat their opponent, and instead come here to whine for nerfs instead.

If I felt they were OP, I'd prolly bandwagon w/ the rest of you.

But I don't.
Telling a Melee to "LoS and run up to them" is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. Do you think that I could hide behind something and simultaneously close the gap? Do you think going out of line of sight lets us do damage?

LoS nullifies damage from both players. LoS also gives the Sorcerer the advantage since hiding lets a Sorc free cast dark infusion since he's basically not even in combat at that point. LoS is not something melee can do without gimping themselves.

----

Sorcerers wouldn't be a free kill without backlash/electric bindings. Those are just things that push them way over the top. CC as powerful as an immobilize shouldn't be on a 20 second cooldown. AoE CC nonetheless. Backlash is overpowered because it's basically a passive immunity to being bursted down as long as you bother to maintain a Static Barrier, which is stupidly simple and easy. The immobilize on knockback makes even the least skillful Sorcerers able to get extremely good milage out of the shortest CD AoE knockback in the game.

If you absolutely NEED these two talents to survive then you're not good.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

wwkingms
02.12.2012 , 02:57 PM | #535
Telling a Melee to "LoS and run up to them" is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. Do you think that I could hide behind something and simultaneously close the gap? Do you think going out of line of sight lets us do damage?

LoS nullifies damage from both players. LoS also gives the Sorcerer the advantage since hiding lets a Sorc free cast dark infusion since he's basically not even in combat at that point. LoS is not something melee can do without gimping themselves.
man this thread is still going?

sorry for picking on you but ij jumped to the last post to avoid pages upon pages of misinformed qq from bad players

but, AHEM

you're a marauder..

spec annihilation and if u still cant 1v1 ANY CLASS in this game then maybe pvp isnt for you

that is all
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Ich_Bin
02.12.2012 , 03:02 PM | #536
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
man this thread is still going?

sorry for picking on you but ij jumped to the last post to avoid pages upon pages of misinformed qq from bad players

but, AHEM

you're a marauder..

spec annihilation and if u still cant 1v1 ANY CLASS in this game then maybe pvp isnt for you

that is all
Seems like you haven't only skipped a few pages but the entire thread including the original post. Nowhere has the OP complained about not being able to handle a Sorc 1v1.
The OP is even playing a Sorc himself and just had a few suggestions about how to rebalance the skilltree.

but, AHEM

I just have to read your sig to see your motive...

TetraCleric
02.12.2012 , 03:03 PM | #537

Sorcerers wouldn't be a free kill without backlash/electric bindings. Those are just things that push them way over the top. CC as powerful as an immobilize shouldn't be on a 20 second cooldown. AoE CC nonetheless. Backlash is overpowered because it's basically a passive immunity to being bursted down as long as you bother to maintain a Static Barrier, which is stupidly simple and easy. The immobilize on knockback makes even the least skillful Sorcerers able to get extremely good milage out of the shortest CD AoE knockback in the game.
So you want them to nerf the hybrid root. But what about the root on Creeping Terror/Sever Force? That's also a 2 second root, and its CD is 9 seconds...

wwkingms
02.12.2012 , 03:04 PM | #538
Quote: Originally Posted by Ich_Bin View Post
Seems like you haven't only skipped a few pages but the entire thread including the original post. Nowhere has the OP complained about not being able to handle a Sorc 1v1.
The OP is even playing a Sorc himself and just had a few suggestions about how to rebalance the skilltree.

but, AHEM

I just have to read your sig to see your motive...
the person i quoted. his sig says marauder.. so u can ****
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Ich_Bin
02.12.2012 , 03:08 PM | #539
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
the person i quoted. his sig says marauder.. so u can ****
As I told you, read his entire post and not just the thread title and his sig to draw your conclusions

Abadus
02.12.2012 , 03:12 PM | #540
What is there to argue about. Someone is calling to nerf a class then states he dominates them.