Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Tumri's Avatar


Tumri
02.13.2012 , 10:26 PM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
then I dont know, talent it?
Yeah let me go respec my AC to Juggernaut so I can talent it.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Aidank's Avatar


Aidank
02.13.2012 , 10:27 PM | #1012
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
And where did I say that? However I can state that they have a force choke which is a 3 second stun that does damage
You said that every class has close to the same amount of control as a sorcerer.


A three second, channeled, interruptable stun with a 10 yard range, on a 1 minute cooldown isn't even sort of comparable to a sorcerer's electrocute, with a 30 yard range, 45 second cooldown, that isn't channeled and isn't interruptable. It's superior in every way, including damage when you consider that you can continue dpsing during its duration.


The amount of control a marauder gets isn't even in the same ballpark as the amount of control a sorcerer gets, to argue that it is is ridiculous.


Now, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying marauders should have the same amount of Crowd conrol as a sorcerer, I'm just saying that it's stupid to argue that sorcerers don't have a lot more control than just about any other class.
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

Bluesnacks's Avatar


Bluesnacks
02.13.2012 , 10:27 PM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
Pro tip:

Use your CC break with a full resolve bar.


Nothing like using badness as an excuse for nerf.

I'll take my JG leap roots over those stuns in WZs. Especially in Huttball. Most good Sorc/Sages force speed across the fire with a full resolve bar.....which is meaningless to my leap roots.
Pro tip:
Some of the sorcerer CC's don't count against the resolve bar. Thanks for trying though- but there's no consolation prize for being a douche. I've been CC'd several times with a completely full resolve.

Have a nice day.
Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

Tumri's Avatar


Tumri
02.13.2012 , 10:27 PM | #1014
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
Pro tip:

Use your CC break with a full resolve bar.


Nothing like using badness as an excuse for nerf.

I'll take my JG leap roots over those stuns in WZs. Especially in Huttball. Most good Sorc/Sages force speed across the fire with a full resolve bar.....which is meaningless to my leap roots.
So you force leap to people running over fire? You realize you die too right?
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Lormif's Avatar


Lormif
02.13.2012 , 10:28 PM | #1015
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
Yeah let me go respec my AC to Juggernaut so I can talent it.
How am I suposed to know we are talking about juggs since all was mentioned was warriors.

Telaan's Avatar


Telaan
02.13.2012 , 10:29 PM | #1016
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
So you force leap to people running over fire? You realize you die too right?
If I do, who cares......

All that matters is the dead ball carrier.

Additionally, I usually survive it as the ball carrier typically has less health than I do, and I can run out of it immediately....unlike him.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Healer/Enhancer 4xx4

Aidank's Avatar


Aidank
02.13.2012 , 10:29 PM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
How am I suposed to know we are talking about juggs since all was mentioned was warriors.
I specifically said marauder, again, do you have short term memory loss?
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

Telaan's Avatar


Telaan
02.13.2012 , 10:33 PM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluesnacks View Post
Pro tip:
Some of the sorcerer CC's don't count against the resolve bar. Thanks for trying though- but there's no consolation prize for being a douche. I've been CC'd several times with a completely full resolve.

Have a nice day.
Two things:
  1. More than just sorcerers have CC abilities that ignore resolve. But, your bias is noted.
  2. Resolve is a broken mechanic that allows CC abilities from classes other than sorcerer to bypass resove when they shouldn't.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Healer/Enhancer 4xx4

Tumri's Avatar


Tumri
02.13.2012 , 10:39 PM | #1019
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
How am I suposed to know we are talking about juggs since all was mentioned was warriors.
No I meant that Marauders can't talent it. It's reserve for TANK Juggernauts. No DPS JK or SW can get it.

-----

Another point that I'd like to mention is just how GOOD the Sorcerer CCs are. Not only do they have the MOST CC but they also have the best of each type.

Marauder get a 1.5m CD 6s duration AoE mezz that is our big "killer CC". It's biggest flaw is that you rare get the full duration since it breaks on damage. A Sorcerer talented for Backlash can click off his bubble for a 20 second CD AoE mezz with a 3 second duration.

Your stun is also the best in the game with a 4s duration, 50s(talented) CD, and 30 yrd range.

You have the best knockback in the game as well with the shortest CD and a talented immobilize attached. The duration of the immobilize is also incredibly long.

The only thing you have slightly worse is your slow. It's a much larger range than most slows but it doesn't have 100% uptime. On the other hand your main filler move has a slow attached.

Your whirlwind is by far the best 60s(8 in PvP) CC in the game in PvP and even in PvE. It's even got a 2 second stun attached if talented. It also doesn't have anything like a stealth requirement attached.

---

Get ready for a new thread. We've well past 1000 posts (1019 atm).
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Aidank's Avatar


Aidank
02.13.2012 , 10:40 PM | #1020
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
Two things:
  1. More than just sorcerers have CC abilities that ignore resolve. But, your bias is noted.
  2. Resolve is a broken mechanic that allows CC abilities from classes other than sorcerer to bypass resove when they shouldn't.
But the problem here is that sorcerers benefit far more from a bugged resolve than any other class besides maybe snipers.
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?