Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Also, still no reply to my last PM to Allison, cc'd to Joveth, so I re-sent it (again) with a new introduction:

Still Re: SGRs

Allison –

I see there is a brand new, bright, shiny yellow BW post on hood toggles, quoting a shiny yellow BW post from last month. How nice that those awaiting the story-shaping option to have the hoods of their robes up or down are being updated monthly.

We have heard nothing about same-gender romantic content at all on these forums, ever. We have heard nothing off these forums since August, and nothing official since March. We've tried weekly Q&As, Developer Q&As, old dedicated threads, new threads, Facebook posts, Twitter posts, private messages and emails.

I specifically have sought your input, at your invitation, as to how we might better to proceed. I have asked for an explanation of what the difficulties are for the Community Team. I have heard nothing back.

If I wasn't clear when I sent this two weeks ago, and since the reminder I sent last week seems not to have been received, I do in fact require a reply to this and the following. Thanks.

– Uluain

I think it's plain to all of us that I have gone right off the deep end on this now. Sorry. I've been trying to take a big step back and get back on a more reasonable keel before replying. That said, I do perceive some things about how this topic is handled which do genuinely cause some concern.

None of them are helped by me throwing the rules out the window and going axe-crazy on the forums. I am sorry. But behaving ourselves wasn't accomplishing anything either.

Perhaps the foremost frustration for me is that if this is in fact coming with Makeb, it must be pretty nearly in the can and offering any feedback at this stage is pointless. Other than gnawing the gristle and bones of what we have been told, and continuing to ask questions in hopes of adjusting expectations, we have nothing to accomplish.

Second is the awareness that we have never been told anything about this on the Community Forums, the forums we have now. I wasn't here for beta. I joined right after launch. In the Weekly Q&A, I think we demonstrated considerable interest. That question was consistently passed over. We see developers talking about this, that and the other content, addressing a variety of player questions.

When I am not spitting bile, I do my darnedest to be there whenever a thread goes up saying "Where's the Communication" to point at how much we see on the Dev Tracker every week, and to point out all the other outlets the Community Team employs to speak to players and to listen. I have stood up for Joveth and I have done all I can to give you the recognition you deserve. I see what you post. I am paying attention. A lot gets said. But never to us.

While players from beta days have preserved Stephen Reid's announcement and the commentary he gave to put it in context, that wasn't said to us. It remains the cookie cutter answer long after launch, long after the man who issued it has left the studio.

It was also to a pre-launch audience, that the question of what companions might be involved was dismissed as unanswerable at that time. And that has never been addressed. No, Daniel Erickson saying "we aren't going to tell you" doesn't count – particularly after he was explicit that he did know.

Later, with much in doubt after both Reid and Erickson's departure, an announced shift toward emphasis on group content and then a move toward Free to Play, we just wanted to know if those statements remained current, and couldn't even be told that.

I have asked in various ways for some kind of explanation of why this is so, what is reasonable to ask about, how to help by aiming questions toward what might be discussed. I never heard anything back.

With all that in mind, being encouraged to continue to discuss in the Story and Lore thread isn't discouraging. It's cruel.

How, from what I have seen to date, am I supposed to credit your assurances that the Community Team "is working to bring more information as soon as possible"? It is possible now. You are a well-spoken, articulate woman. You post on the forums every day.

So please don't say it is not possible. It is obviously possible to release information on other subjects. I have yet to hear why this content is different. And yet it is unmistakably being treated differently. Disadvantageously to players trying to know how to best approach the game while we wait.

Yes, it will be controversial but that is a call that was already made a year ago last September. EA has already stared down the beady-eyed gaze of the Family Research Council, as I understand, twice now without a flinch. That controversy will have to be faced again, head on, at some point if this makes it into the game. Why not now?

Please help me understand, because your asking for my understanding and I don't have any. I guess. I infer. I surmise. And as for my patience, I am sorry but I have none left. It's gone. I used it up. Best I can offer is to shut up, or give you due cause to cut off my posting privileges. That's not how I want my participation in this community to be. I really don't.

But without something to go on, it's all I am left with. Please think about what I have said. Put it aside, let it sink in, come back, and read it again. I mean it in the best possible way. But I need something in return.

-- [my actual name]

aka Uluain

Hi Again Uluain!

Sorry I didn't respond to your earlier pm more quickly!

If you see anyone violating the forum rules, please make sure to report them so that moderation can take care of any inappropriate posts. Regarding moderation policies, I feel like my earlier PM explains the redirection and closing of threads (you'll see most recently that we've needed to merge and remove many duplicate threads on the Disney topic).

We know you are frustrated that there is no new information to share, but I can assure you again that the Community Team is well-aware of your concerns and is working to bring more information as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, still no reply to my last PM to Allison, cc'd to Joveth, so I re-sent it (again) with a new introduction:

At this point I've given up trying to contact them. The Community Team's been about as helpful as a Gregg's in a gym, and not nearly as tasty.

Welcome to Sesame Street - today's word is "Disingenuous". It's bought to you to BioWare's attempts to fob off questions with "everything's still on track, honestly.... but we don't have enough details to want to talk about it."

(I'm aware "disingenuous" has been 'Word of the Day' for months, but the replacement description starts with an F and would get me banned pretty quick.)

Edited by Palar

(I'm aware "disingenuous" has been 'Word of the Day' for months, but the replacement description starts with an F and would get me banned pretty quick.)

FIDDLESTICKS!

I do so love it when Ms. Berryman reassures us that they're "working" on bringing us information. It makes it sound like they're lost the one piece of paper where everything was written down. And by lost I mean burnt. And by everything I mean "SGRA? Wot is dat?"

I am a fan of disingenuousness. It allowed me to innitially approach the absence of same-gender [Flirt] promts as something that seemed to be bugged for me client-side, via an in-game ticket, rather than something BioWare would be so thoughtless as to omit.

The Comm Team aren't even being disingenuous. They are just being less than informative and less that truthful. I am not sure I'd characterize it as actual lying, but would suggest as a new word of the day "prevarication".

Edited by Uluain

Obfuscation would actually require them to try, after all.

Though it would be hilarious to see Bioware pull a Boris.

Okay, you lost me there. A Boris? :confused:

At this point I've given up trying to contact them. The Community Team's been about as helpful as a Gregg's in a gym, and not nearly as tasty.

That's one of the reasons why I haven't been posting as much lately. I feel a little burnt out from the lack of information, the almost palpable frustration of the mods and the players, as well as the trolls that keep giving the same tired arguments for over a year. Really, can't they come up with anything new?

That was rhetorical lol.

Getting the Community Team to help us has been like trying to pull broken teeth. I'm glad I can enjoy the game without SGRs for now, and <hugs> go out to those that can't. I've had my ranting and raving. The only thing I can think of to do is to wait and see. Which I hate. Doup can tell you: Except for with kids, I don't have much patience.

I'm going back to leveling my sage. She's almost on <sigh> Taris. Hate the planet, love the story. :p

PS: Thank you guys! You reminded me that I have a PC copy of DA:O that I haven't broken out before...for some odd reason...okay, I don't know why. :o

So when I haven't been playing ToR, I've been geeking out on DA:O. Just started yesterday and man, for a bit of an older game, it is really pretty and smooth.

Edited by natashina

And Jorgan...wth is up with those undershirts???

I don't think Bioware understands the concept that denying something only makes it more enticing.

I've heard stories about chocolate factories that allow workers to eat off the conveyer belt if they like - after two weeks, no one eats chocolate anymore.

God. I just realised that Fleet will soon be filled with shirtless men. :D

ROFL! Okay, noted hun. :D

At least Boris looks fun to be around.

Edit: I don't want to wait D: I've waited so long! I bet they're going to promise us pizza or something and all we'll get is cold toast with soggy pasta sauce on top.

After playing the OGRs, I'm not too worried about that if the SGRs are the same quality. However, going with your pizza analogy, by the time it shows up, it's cold and stale. The customer is long past the point of even wanting to eat it and probably got on the phone with the manager to complain and ask for money back.

That's my worst fears about SGR in a nutshell. Not that it won't happen, or that it will lack quality. Yet if it doesn't make even close to the (getting mind numbingly stupid) "this year statement," the customer in this case will be too late to please. Again, those are my worst fears and I doubt it'll be the case. Still...

Anyway, I feel a tiny bit better about BioWare's rather sad track record of poorly releasing information by middle men and representatives after reading what poor Panda Land is going through. ATVI is killing their own game, I swear. Just google the letters, CRZ. Hit the 3rd recommended link and watch the insanity unfold. At least with ToR I get the impressing that at least some (if not most) of the forum moderators and CSRs play. I can tell how much they love this game, but I can't help but feel that they need to give some of that love to this branch of the customer base.

Now I'm going back to my Sage. I love how bookish she is! I had forgotten about that part of the class. :D

Edited by natashina

A gorgeous baby shadow in a mohawk was wandering around shirtless in Coruscant yesterday - a small sneak peek of what's going to be a very enjoyable era :D Yay! Male eye candy!

I'm going to have to find one on the GTN, when people start selling them (which I hope they will). The sports bra of awesome-protection should turn most players of female characters off purchasing one*.

*I've seen people complain it's not sexy enough. I think it looks extremely practical and is a nice change from the general Anne Summer's range most games have.

A gorgeous baby shadow in a mohawk was wandering around shirtless in Coruscant yesterday - a small sneak peek of what's going to be a very enjoyable era :D Yay! Male eye candy!

Male dancer outfit. Bioware, make it happen. Gender equality, hoo-ah!

Operations are fun for eyecandy, if the mass naked dance parties on completion still happen.

PS: Thank you guys! You reminded me that I have a PC copy of DA:O that I haven't broken out before...for some odd reason...okay, I don't know why. :o

So when I haven't been playing ToR, I've been geeking out on DA:O. Just started yesterday and man, for a bit of an older game, it is really pretty and smooth.

Agreed - halfway through again with a Dwarf Commoner, and picking all the 'combative' replies just to stir the party.... there's some wonderfully snarky one-liners amongst it all.

Okay, you lost me there. A Boris? :confused:

Woo, DA:O.! Such an awesome game. I'm going to wait until the Steam holiday sale to replay it, that way I can play it on the PC.

Man, I can't believe it's been this long and there still hasn't been any information.

Man, I can't believe it's been this long and there still hasn't been any information.

Don't worry. Even though other limit interest perks have had much more frequent status updates from the Devs, I am sure the Community Team is "working" to bring us answers as soon as they have more information "to share".

I'm going to have to find one on the GTN, when people start selling them (which I hope they will). The sports bra of awesome-protection should turn most players of female characters off purchasing one*.

*I've seen people complain it's not sexy enough. I think it looks extremely practical and is a nice change from the general Anne Summer's range most games have.

Good luck getting one. From what I've seen, they've really nerfed purple drops from the cartel packs.

Looks like standard EA bait and switch to me. Which begs the question, if they would go that far on cartel packs what else would they bait and switch on us? SGRA's?

EA/BW then: "Oh we have to make SGRA's quality, that's why they aren't in. Ran out of time."

EA/BW one year later: "We flipped the gender switch on flirts! SGRA's are now in game! You're welcome! Hooray for EA!"

Us: "..."

US: "WHAT THE ****?!!!!!"

The drop rates from the packs seem about what they were on the pts for me so far. Personal luck is always at work in these things :/

I always got two purples on PTS. Now one and usually something totally useless (a purple companion gift? that counts? bleh).

I have yet to see a purple from a cartel pack.

On topic. I notice that SGRs are not a cartel shoppe item, not that we really expected them to be. Then again, we really don't know what to expect, seeing as they aren't talking to us.

Edited by Uluain

I have yet to see a purple from a cartel pack.

On topic. I notice that SGRs are not a cartel shoppe item, not that we really expected them to be.

Its still early. Give it time. If they can monetize it, it'll be in there.

My opinion of these two companies can't get much lower, I'm turning all bitter and grumpy. :(