How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

Connll

i'm a teacher as well and 2 weeks ago they had 6 positions for entry level programers and 3d artists.

So yes you can assume that because of F2P they are hiring more people to fill their ranks.

Right... they are adding hundreds of thousands of dollars in payroll based on the initial, novelty-boosted performance of a new product introduction. Give your head a shake. It would take months worth of trend mapping before even the subject of hiring would come up.

Besides that. All they need for CM items is someone to re-color what they've already done. That doesn't take programmers or artists. That takes amateur modders who know how to manipulate the color pallete in a paint program. There's thousands of those who do that for fun.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right... they are adding hundreds of thousands of dollars in payroll based on the initial, novelty-boosted performance of a new product introduction. Give your head a shake. It would take months worth of trend mapping before even the subject of hiring would come up.

Besides that. All they need for CM items is someone to re-color what they've already done. That doesn't take programmers or artists. That takes amateur modders who know how to manipulate the color pallete in a paint program. There's thousands of those who do that for fun.

care to explain why they have hired 6 new entry level employees?

Because they fired those 6 entry level employees because their job peformance was low. Now they have to rehire those positions

Oh snap! Prove me wrong? You can't because you have no idea.

Edited by Trevalon

You still have zero proof if those jobs were new jobs or jobs replacing other staff who quit for whatever reason.

They recently fired a ton of people, Why? It could be cause they were temp help...it could be because the game was not doing well...it also could be because they were poor performing people and they used that time to get rid of them so they could perhaps find new talent...

You have no idea why they are hiring people...stop acting like because a company is hiring it means they are adding staff...You have no idea!

At the very least don't call people out for not having "evidence" when you yourself really have no evidence behind your statements either.

ok you understand that they fire a lot of the staff right? that happened back in July and August. Now after the game went F2P they are hiring NEW employees. So yes if you want to play schematics they are still replacing the people they fired. However they now have MORE employees then they did after the firings.

Because they fired those 6 entry level employees because their job peformance was low. Now they have to rehire those positions

Oh snap! Prove me wrong? You can't because you have no idea.

because no one was fired after the last round of firings due to the poor performance of the game.

You are really making this too easy kid.

well I'm done with my grading, so i'm out. have fun trolling someone else

Edited by jarjarloves

Who knows? To stock the Coke machine? Sweep the floors? Catalogue the assets before shutting down? Security for the secret rocket factory under the CEO's office?

More importantly, who cares?

Who knows? To stock the Coke machine? Sweep the floors? Catalogue the assets before shutting down? Security for the secret rocket factory under the CEO's office?

More importantly, who cares?

you think they are hiring new programers and artists to sweep the floors and stock the coke machine?

you think they are hiring new programers and artists to sweep the floors and stock the coke machine?

I think that 2 of those people were having an inappropriate relationship at work. I think 1 of them had a sick kid who he had to quit in order to take care of his son. I think another one of them fell and broke their wrist while playing scrabble at their grandmothers house and can no longer type on a keyboard. I think that another one of them was outside blowing snow on their neighbor's lawn when a cat jumped into the path and was eaten by the snow blower and they are now so traumatized that they job performance was suffering. Finally I think the last guy probably lied on his application and never actually knew how to program in the first place.

I think all of those explanations are as plausible as yours.

Edited by Trevalon

I think that 2 of those people were having an inappropriate relationship at work. I think 1 of them had a sick kid who he had to quit in order to take care of his son. I think another one of them fell and broke their wrist while playing scrabble at their grandmothers house and can no longer type on a keyboard. I think that another one of them was outside blowing snow on their neighbor's lawn when a cat jumped into the path and was eaten by the snow blower and they are now so traumatized that they job performance was suffering. Finally I think the last guy probably lied on his application and never actually knew how to program in the first place.

I think all of those explanations are as plausible as yours.

proof

I want links to the previous programers twitter saying they were fired because of inappropriate relationship at work.

because i'm not an idiot

http://www.webpronews.com/star-wars-the-old-republic-developer-announces-layoffs-2012-05

good night.

your turn prove that Bioware Austin is working on another project and that bioware isn't growing it's team.

I did my part now it's your turn.

I read that entire article and no where did it say WHY they fired any employees - haha, if this is your proof you are so completely clueless it is beyond comprehension. Please, next time, actually read what you link - You can't just google search a link and paste it here hoping it will say something you want it too. Now you look even the bigger fool.

Also, I agree SWTOR is the only thing Bioware Austin works on. I never said it wasn't. Some other dude did.

I read that entire article and no where did it say WHY they fired any employees - haha, if this is your proof you are so completely clueless it is beyond comprehension. Please, next time, actually read what you link - You can't just google search a link and paste it here hoping it will say something you want it too. Now you look even the bigger fool.

Also, I agree SWTOR is the only thing Bioware Austin works on. I never said it wasn't. Some other dude did.

so all this time you beleive that the 100 or so people who were fired from Bioware were fired because.......?

so all this time you beleive that the 100 or so people who were fired from Bioware were fired because.......?

I don't know why they were fired and neither do you. You THINK they were fired because the game was doing poorly and I agree with you. I think many, most, or all of them COULD have been fired for that reason.

I also think that 90 of them could of been fired for low subs and then 10 were fired for "other reasons" and those 10 positions are now being refilled because they were integral positions that must be refilled.

This whole thing started because you said, with certainty, that Bioware was hiring new people because of F2P money being put back into the game.

I said you have no idea if that's true or not and you have yet to prove me wrong. You still, after 2 pages of back and forth have NO clue if it is true or not.

Edited by Trevalon

I don't know why they were fired and neither do you. You THINK they were fired because the game was doing poorly and I agree with you. I think many, most, or all of them COULD have been fired for that reason.

I also think that 90 of them could of been fired for low subs and then 10 were fired for "other reasons" and those 10 positions are now being refilled because they were integral positions that must be refilled.

actually I do know. My brother was one of them.

prove me wrong.

btw if 10 of them were fired and they were intrigral they wouldn't have waited 4 months to post the job listing.

Edited by jarjarloves

again, you haven't provide ANY evidence. 0 ZIP ZILCH. So I ask again what proof do you have of their expectations.

What proof do you have of their expectations? :)

0, ZIP, ZILCH and NADA perhaps. :eek:

So what does that mean? :csw_yoda:

you realize 6 weeks between content patches is incredibly fast. Blizzard averages 4-5 months their record is 11 months between content patches. The only game that might be faster is Rift.

You are also missing the bigger point which is F2P is a success for SWTOR, and they are putting that money BACK INTO the game.

Yeah 6 weeks would be quite fast, if indeed it were 6 weeks, however 3-4 months is closer to the current average, and whichever way you cut it is it MILES behind Rift. :(

So if SWTOR were pumping it out every 6 weeks it would be as good as Rift, but it is not, it doing nothing like that, so I can't really see your point here. :confused:

Edited by Goretzu

I would like to believe that if people enjoy a game it does not matter how many playes simply that I enjoy the game. Tghe truth is however other players are needed for PvP flash points and Raids which are the end game of any MMO. Personaly I would expect the subscripers to have fallen since free to play and the initial rush of Cartek purchas oto have fallen once people release nothing but cosmetic outfits to buy.

What proof do you have of their expectations? :)

0, ZIP, ZILCH and NADA perhaps. :eek:

So what does that mean? :csw_yoda:

Yeah 6 weeks would be quite fast, if indeed it were 6 weeks, however 3-4 months is closer to the current average, and whichever way you cut it is it MILES behind Rift. :(

So if SWTOR were pumping it out every 6 weeks it would be as good as Rift, but it is not, it doing nothing like that, so I can't really see your point here. :confused:

except those games their staff has grown, they have put out new content and paid expansions. Therefore they are succesful.

3-4 months? are you joking? Since they announced their 6 week content cycle they have been pretty much spot on.

Look for yourself at the content patches http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.6.0/ancient-hypergate

it comes out to just about 6 weeks. I beleive there is 1 exception where it is just over 6 weeks

but starting from what was it last week in August with the Live Event.

then TFB 1.4 9/26/12 4 weeks

Hk-51 1.5 11/15/12 7 weeks (their one overstep)

Ancient Hypergates 12/11/12 3.5 weeks

so... yeah they are doing pretty good.

edit: in fact if you include patch 1.3 then that is 8 weeks in between that and the live event. But i don't belive 1.3 was considered part of the 6 week content cycle.

edit edit: Just did the rough math in my head. Starting from patch 1.0 in december to 1.6 they averaged 5.8 weeks between content patches. Yes there was a BIG gap between 1.1 and 1.2 but that is negated by the fast content we have been receiving.

Edited by jarjarloves

this made me laugh.

I want to be clear here. You said that Bioware averages a new content patch every 3-4 months

Now you are aware that we are on patch 1.6. Not including the live events that is 6 content patches in one year.

So in your mind 12 months divided by 6 patches gives 3 to 4 months between content patches.

Edited by sstanks

prove that Bioware Austin is only working on one game? ummm ok

http://www.bioware.com/about

done

You need to read the links you post.

That extremely outdated post, from BEFORE Mass Effect 3 & Dragon Age 2 even came out, no where claims that the only game being made in Austin...even at the time, was SWTOR.

You have no idea what projects Bioware may currently be working on in Austin. None.

Edited by Skoobie