Bioware: STOP new content. START fixing the game

Daedricshots

Bioware,

As of this moment it is imperative that you stop new content development and immediately start fixing the existing problems in the game. The problem as it stands right now is not the lack of content but the complete failure of many aspects of this game.

Churning out more broken content is not the fix and its time you start listening to people that play this game instead of staying the course of your own misguided agenda.

PvP needs serious attention and there are numerous problems with game design in this area that need to be changed. RNG of loot via champion bags is laughable at best. Nerfing classes from outcry from people that dont even play the class they are asking to be nerfed is not how you address the problem.

Population imbalances are another source of frustration for many players and xrealm WZ's or LFG needs to be on the table for serious consideration.

Crafting of PvP items for entry level 50's should be an option. Also I hope you are serious about including set bonuses for modable gear in the near future.

More UI customization is sorely needed via macros or addons. This should have been in the game since day one.

Please LISTEN to the community and fixes that are legitimate problems in the game before you focus on newer content.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS.

I don't care about new content when the game is a buggy mess.

Off the top of my head things that ruin my gaming experience on a daily basis:

• Giant butt issue with robes, still not fixed from beta.
  • Anti-Aliasing still doesn't work with my graphics card.
  • Missing high-res textures for characters outside of cut-scenes.
  • Low-performance engine on my high-end system.
  • Chat window settings, minimap zoom level and action bar lock state resetting every time I change map.
  • The ridiculous and unnecessary change to the visual cue abilities have so now I can't tell if something is on cooldown or not. Note: SUPPOSED to have been fixed in todays patch, isn't!
  • Numerous bugs in all flashpoints and operations.
  • Grass that literally grows out of the ground as you walk because there's no option to set the draw distance.
  • Rakata weapons STILL worse than Columi.
  • Filter by Usable on vendors/GTC does not work at all.
  • Not getting credit for victories in warzones. Note: SUPPOSED to have been fixed in todays patch, isn't!
  • Speed hacks and noclip hacks being used publicy in huttball games with the offenders not getting banned.
  • Complete lack of customer support and GM infrastructure. Bioware have obviously outsourced their customer support that handles tickets to some third party company, i'm not blaming them, because they can only do their job, but they're not proper GMs and don't know *anything* about the game. This results in all tickets being closed with an automated response.

Edited by SunwindIon

so a bug fixing patch every week which btw is unheard of for a mmo WoW couldn't even do it that fast. Is not considered fixing the game?

Biowares patches don't even fix half the things they claim to fix, and often introduce NEW bugs, have you not been paying attention!?

so a bug fixing patch every week which btw is unheard of for a mmo WoW couldn't even do it that fast. Is not considered fixing the game?

Yes, unless the word "Rift" doesn't mean anything to you.

The pace at which Trion fixes bugs and delivers new content is absurd. THIS Should be Bioware.

Yes, the updates are coming (launcher updating as I type this), but the bugs are still there!!

The team that creates new content is not the team that fixes bugs. Also, MMOs that don't get new content die quickly. Thus, this topic is very silly.

Even if that is the case, they obviously need more people working on fixing problems, so TAKE THOSE DEVS OFF NEW CONTENT AND PUT THEM ON BUG-DUTY!

You guys have no idea what it takes to fix a game. If you knew you would be praising BW for all that they've done so far. Face it, this game is constantly being worked on and sometimes that introduces new bugs. This is a very common thing for EVERY GAME IN EXISTENCE.

Frankly the crying and whining comes from a place of ignorance. BW has stated time and time again, exploits and bugs are always first priority. I believe them. And I praise them, for all their work. This game is amazing, and very playable. You have more than enough content to enjoy the game in a reasonable fashion.

Edited by jonamir

Bioware,

As of this moment it is imperative that you stop new content development and immediately start fixing the existing problems in the game. The problem as it stands right now is not the lack of content but the complete failure of many aspects of this game.

Churning out more broken content is not the fix and its time you start listening to people that play this game instead of staying the course of your own misguided agenda.

So they should listen to customer A (you) that's posting here instead of customer B (see other threads) that states he's at 50 and bored. Your opinion as a paying customer is more valid than player B's why?

PvP needs serious attention and there are numerous problems with game design in this area that need to be changed. RNG of loot via champion bags is laughable at best. Nerfing classes from outcry from people that dont even play the class they are asking to be nerfed is not how you address the problem.

You less credibility points for your argument when you assume that the whiny minority is the sole reason why your beloved class/skill got nerfed.

I'm 100% that it works like this at BioWare:

"Hey look! Random forum poster just said Operatives are OP. They suggest a 10% reduction in DPS across all abilities. Sound good? Yeah, let's do that!"

/sarcasm off

Population imbalances are another source of frustration for many players and xrealm WZ's or LFG needs to be on the table for serious consideration.

Nice try to get a 2fer. A more robust LFG tool that doesn't include cross-realm mechanics is going to do absolutely nothing to remedy population imbalances.

I would wager the first thing they will likely implement is opt-in guild transfers to pre-selected servers. Especially if they believe cross-realm capabilities further fragment any semblance of a server community.

Crafting of PvP items for entry level 50's should be an option. Also I hope you are serious about including set bonuses for modable gear in the near future.

First I'm reading this is some HUGE issue that's broken and needs to be addressed ahead of new content.

More UI customization is sorely needed via macros or addons. This should have been in the game since day one.

Customizable UI is coming. The first glimpse of some of the things they're doing can be seen in the one video that was linked about upcoming stuff. While I won't disagree with you that macros and/or addons aren't desired, I don't see them as a requirement before new content is added.

Please LISTEN to the community and fixes that are legitimate problems in the game before you focus on newer content.

This isn't game design by democracy or game design by loudest(whiniest) voice wins.

Constructive criticism is great. Absolutes and ultimatums solve little if anything.

Also realize that not a single thing you requested to be fixed requires their graphics, audio or voice talent folks to be fixed. I guess you support those people just going on vacation until the other issues are addressed?

Whoops ... I guess I didn't completely turn the sarcasm off.

There's a difference between fixing bugs, and changing features that are in the game. What most people want is total revamps to key features of the game. This is not going to happen before major exploits and bugs are fixed. And rightfully so.

I can draw pretty things.

It does not mean I can code the core elements of the game I draw pretty things for.

I'm really hoping that you know you can't just take someone off of 'new things duty' and put them on 'bugs duty.' I don't like to believe people can't reason that out.

I can draw pretty things.

It does not mean I can code the core elements of the game I draw pretty things for.

I'm really hoping that you know you can't just take someone off of 'new things duty' and put them on 'bugs duty.' I don't like to believe people can't reason that out.

This!

Lol Bioware employees aren't Swiss army knives

Yes, unless the word "Rift" doesn't mean anything to you.

The pace at which Trion fixes bugs and delivers new content is absurd. THIS Should be Bioware.

Yes, the updates are coming (launcher updating as I type this), but the bugs are still there!!

Thank you! I remember the beta for Rift and how quickly the team was on the ball and how gracious they were to customers. Trion even gave Japanese players a month of free game time when the earthquake hit. Trion is the polar opposite of Bioware. The only downside is that their game was uninspired. If Trion had a game like this, I would never touch a Bioware product again.

What's your software development expertise that qualifies you to even give any suggestions on the issue of software development?

Or are you basing your knowledge from reading a few articles on the interwebs?

Edited by Notannos
rude reply

Please don't act as if you represent the community. We are a collective of individual voices, who sometimes agree and sometimes do not. I, for one, have no interest in most of the things you are clamoring for, including intervening in faction imbalances, crafting of PvP items, macros, add-ons, or any cross-realm features. I am particularly opposed to the last three.

While I agree that, in general, it is more important to fix bugs first than to add content, I also recognize the realities of prioritization and the complexities of debugging. I have no fundamental problem with Bioware's pace in identifying and resolving bugs, even if there is room for improvement. I am enjoying the game tremendously in its current state.