Move chars to different servers??????

Honler

Probably asked allready but i have not found it. My buddy got into the early release at the beginning and i just got in but the server he chose is full. He really dont wnat to change servers due to the bit it put into his chars can we move chars to different servers????

I imagine they will have some way to transfer characters to other servers for a fee sometime in the future. But no such feature currently exists and it will likely be a long time. You can still roll a new character on your friend's server, even if it's "full". That just means there may currently be a queue time, not they are blocking new character creation.

Honesty, the servers ques are horrible. If dev.staff reads this, they should think about this really fast. The problem is not in players being "stupid" by going on one server in purpouse to fill them into unbearable que time. This is a MMO, and in my case, I just follow my community ... that is all. Its useless to play any MMO without old friendz. Many of mine droped WoW and moved here ... but on Drak Thul, I have never encountered any waiting que .. since the game started years ago. This is crucial for any succes since this is a subscription service. Now, its pre-launch, so many of us can understand this ... but in the mean time, this may result in return to WoW. I dont want to blame the dev.team, this is the start and any start is not without problems. I just want to encourage them to solve this issue asap. This is the question of succes ... ;-)

These Queue times are ridiculous .. 45 minutes and counting .. and its not like it is a single server .. there are at least 5 that show queue times and another few that are very heavy, heavy etc .. And this is just creeping up to prime time. This is teh suck

So on day 1 all PvE servers are heavy or full? This is not a good sign of things to come. My fear is being realized....pick a server that looks good, than suddenly I go to play the next day and there is a big queue. Disappointed before even picking a server....not a good sign.

Yeah, the queue times are annoying. But they have to be careful not to create too many servers, so that when the initial rush of people playing at release fades they end up with servers which are seriously underpopulated.

I do wonder whether they could add more capacity (temporarily) to existing servers when they get full, however (given that high population zones are instanced anyway).

Honesty, the servers ques are horrible. If dev.staff reads this, they should think about this really fast. The problem is not in players being "stupid" by going on one server in purpouse to fill them into unbearable que time. This is a MMO, and in my case, I just follow my community ... that is all. Its useless to play any MMO without old friendz. Many of mine droped WoW and moved here ... but on Drak Thul, I have never encountered any waiting que .. since the game started years ago. This is crucial for any succes since this is a subscription service. Now, its pre-launch, so many of us can understand this ... but in the mean time, this may result in return to WoW. I dont want to blame the dev.team, this is the start and any start is not without problems. I just want to encourage them to solve this issue asap. This is the question of succes ... ;-)

Eh for the first year of WoW being out there were ridiculous queues especially during vacation breaks like now. I remember how bad it was in the first month of WoW..... You might wait 45 minutes plus at peak hours. Biowares early launch has been very good imo. They started two days early in order to try to give all the pre order sign ups as many days as possible. They are putting up new servers every couple hours it looks like. No way is this comparable to the cluster **** that WoW originally was.

So on day 1 all PvE servers are heavy or full? This is not a good sign of things to come. My fear is being realized....pick a server that looks good, than suddenly I go to play the next day and there is a big queue. Disappointed before even picking a server....not a good sign.

We should expect this from MMOs by now, this isn't the only one to have queues. Servers cannot hold an unlimited number of players while maintaining performance.

A server showing full is a server that receives and sends a lot of data, so bioware SETS a limit and it shows full until some people disconnects...

My guess now: Since this is an early access, Bioware is probably showing servers full at a number of players that is lowest than the number of players required for server "lock, or full" under normal circumstances. That way, people who just wants to make a char, won't make it on the full servers, and when other servers becomes full, new players will create on other low servers etc...

That way the server populations are more equals. And people who have friends and such can still log in, they just have to wait, think of it as a demotivator.

I'm only guessing, but that way at launch the: Full servers and Empty servers problem won't appear.

If I'm right, well if I am this situation is temporary and we just have to wait a bit :)

Edited by Focuss

Probably asked allready but i have not found it. My buddy got into the early release at the beginning and i just got in but the server he chose is full. He really dont wnat to change servers due to the bit it put into his chars can we move chars to different servers????

NO....

Why must you all have followed me to the Fatman?!?!

Everyone wnats to play on The Fatman!

My guild got placed on this server so I am stuck in an hour and half long queue and counting....but hey, I'm just happy I got to have early access. :D

Funny how people complain about Everything aww i have to wait 40mins to play my game what about people that have been waiting since tuesday to play and u call us whiners

Not sure what you're getting at, because someone else is waiting longer that makes all complaints invalid?