Let 1 Person Create a Guild

FourTwent

I dunno why I have to bother 3 other people in the fleet in order to create a guild in order to utilize a credit sink that you created! :(

Sent an in-game ticket to ask for some help hoping for some uber cool CS person to just hook it up for me. . .but that failed :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

essentially you're forcing me to 'bribe' 3 people for their time :/

either that, or spend enough time in the game to get people on my friend list, and then coordinate all 3 of them to be online at the same time, just to help me(incredible hard to do lol).

either that, or spend enough time in the game to get people on my friend list, and then coordinate all 3 of them to be online at the same time, just to help me(incredible hard to do lol).
Or you could, perhaps, spend enough time in the game to make 3 or more friends that are interested in creating a guild.

I'm sorry, a guild is a mechanic specifically for multiple people. You are free to play the game by yourself, but that is not a valid reason to change the dynamics of group content. If all else fails, you can pay three random strangers to group up with you to complete the task; it's not like Ajunta Pall is a dead server. You're not going to be able to make much use of the guild bank on your own, though.

Edited by HeavensAgent

Or you could, perhaps, spend enough time in the game to make 3 or more friends that are interested in creating a guild.

I'm sorry, a guild is a mechanic specifically for multiple people. You are free to play the game by yourself, but that is not a valid reason to change the dynamics of group content.

Excuse me, some people can barely put an hour or two into the game per week. To say that is enough time to get to know people in a game and earn enough 'favor' with them to get them to help me out is silly. I might get lucky to fill a group for Hammer Station during the amount of time I have for the game sometimes.

I do appreciate your interpretation for a guild. but my interpretation of a guild is more like a brand.

You're really gonna call 'creating a guild' 'group content', which would be the same lines as a Heroic 4 rofl.

I can't believe there are negative responses to a request like this. This is the first MMO I've played that has this kind of requirement. No, Im not an MMO expert, but I've played a few in my time. Each one I could create a guild by myself.

Excuse me, some people can barely put an hour or two into the game per week. To say that is enough time to get to know people in a game and earn enough 'favor' with them to get them to help me out is silly. I might get lucky to fill a group for Hammer Station during the amount of time I have for the game sometimes.

I do appreciate your interpretation for a guild. but my interpretation of a guild is more like a brand.

You're really gonna call 'creating a guild' 'group content', which would be the same lines as a Heroic 4 rofl.

I can't believe there are negative responses to a request like this. This is the first MMO I've played that has this kind of requirement. No, Im not an MMO expert, but I've played a few in my time. Each one I could create a guild by myself.

Be happy it's not as "bad" as WoW... which required, I think, 10 signatures.

No, Guilds are created for multiple players. Even if they did away with the restrictions, what point would there be? It's useless to you without more players. Even if they did away with the 12 player requirement for banks, you STILL need 1 million credits to buy a bank tab. And if you had 1 million credits, there are better things to spend them on in game.

Be happy it's not as "bad" as WoW... which required, I think, 10 signatures.

No, Guilds are created for multiple players. Even if they did away with the restrictions, what point would there be? It's useless to you without more players. Even if they did away with the 12 player requirement for banks, you STILL need 1 million credits to buy a bank tab. And if you had 1 million credits, there are better things to spend them on in game.

Actually, it's five now.

And I agree. Guilds are meant for multiple people, not lone wolves. Heck that's what a guild is:

guild, gild [gɪld]

n

1. an organization, club, or fellowship

2. (Historical Terms) (esp in medieval Europe) an association of men sharing the same interests, such as merchants or artisans: formed for mutual aid and protection and to maintain craft standards or pursue some other purpose such as communal worship

See? It's a GROUP. A CLUB. I.e more than one person. Every game that has a guild, you'll find it's comprised of other people. In what game can you make a guild with only one guy?

Actually, it's five now.

And I agree. Guilds are meant for multiple people, not lone wolves. Heck that's what a guild is:

guild, gild [gɪld]

n

1. an organization, club, or fellowship

2. (Historical Terms) (esp in medieval Europe) an association of men sharing the same interests, such as merchants or artisans: formed for mutual aid and protection and to maintain craft standards or pursue some other purpose such as communal worship

See? It's a GROUP. A CLUB. I.e more than one person. Every game that has a guild, you'll find it's comprised of other people. In what game can you make a guild with only one guy?

or·gan·i·za·tion/ˌôrgəniˈzāSHən/

Noun:

The action of organizing something.

The structure or arrangement of related or connected items.

says nothing about 'multiple people'

club/kləb/

Noun:

An association dedicated to a particular interest or activity.

says nothing about 'multiple people'.

says nothing about 'multiple people'

says nothing about 'multiple people'.

as·so·ci·a·tion (-ss-shn, -sh-)

n.

1. The act of associating or the state of being associated.

2. An organized body of people who have an interest, activity, or purpose in common; a society.

DDO lets you create a guild with just one person

Guild Wars 2 lets you create a guild with just one person

*blows boogie blasters at both games*

Wait, that was unintentional. I got stuff in my nose. What was I going to say? Oh right.

DDO and GW2 allow this? That's news to me for GW2, considering that they are supposed to be promoting group play.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

whatever though. ill just ruin general chat and ruin my reputation on my server by spamming for this request over and over and over. cause that's the better solution right? else, I'll get to create a guild in 6 months when I meet enough people

gg bioware gg

whatever though. ill just ruin general chat and ruin my reputation on my server by spamming for this request over and over and over. cause that's the better solution right? else, I'll get to create a guild in 6 months when I meet enough people

gg bioware gg

If you don't know enough people to create a guild then you dont NEED one. You can expand your cargo hold for less credits then it costs to buy a bank tab.

I'm sorry, a guild is a mechanic specifically for multiple people. You are free to play the game by yourself, but that is not a valid reason to change the dynamics of group content. If all else fails, you can pay three random strangers to group up with you to complete the task; it's not like Ajunta Pall is a dead server. You're not going to be able to make much use of the guild bank on your own, though.

While your basic premise holds fairly true, there shouldn't be a mechanic that stops someone from being able to create a guild of his own toons. I for one am not a huge fan of guilds, though I did manage to find a good small guild on my server, becasue I don't particularly care for the drama that typically ensues in a lot of guilds. SO my previous several games I would create a guild of just my toons, no drama, no fighting, and if there was fighting within the guild then I had bigger problems to worry about :eek:

... why the hell would you want a guild for just yourself?

Because some people would like to attain the benefits of a guild without having to deal with some of the trappings of a guild. Besides, what does it matter if he does or doesn't? If he's paying his own sub and his gameplay or gamestyle is not affecting you then why should it matter to anyone else?

While your basic premise holds fairly true, there shouldn't be a mechanic that stops someone from being able to create a guild of his own toons. I for one am not a huge fan of guilds, though I did manage to find a good small guild on my server, becasue I don't particularly care for the drama that typically ensues in a lot of guilds. SO my previous several games I would create a guild of just my toons, no drama, no fighting, and if there was fighting within the guild then I had bigger problems to worry about :eek:

They already have that.

It's called your character roster.

:D

Why do you want your own private chat channel?

why do you care? i do appreciate you assuming that's the only thing you get out of being in a guild. that's a great way to be closed minded and not care to understand where people are coming from

you guys are hilarious. its not like this breaks the game in any way. if they lifted the restriction for both this and the bank it would be a credit sink meaning a better economy.

there's so much hate and negativity in these forums. it's pathetic

why do you care? i do appreciate you assuming that's the only thing you get out of being in a guild. that's a great way to be closed minded and not care to understand where people are coming from

you guys are hilarious. its not like this breaks the game in any way. if they lifted the restriction for both this and the bank it would be a credit sink meaning a better economy.

There is NO other benifit to a guild then its chat channel.

Yes, we're shooting down this idea not because it makes no sense for a single person to form a guild which is supposed to be a group of like minded individuals banding together to foster friendship and camaraderie, but because we hate you and are negative nancies.

:rolleyes: