Alacrity/Lethality

Eksenia

The gearing guides say around 1400 alacrity for Lethality. However since this thread (

) says otherwise about alacrity breakpoints (and this has been discussed for mercs on their forums as well), is the only interesting breakpoint 1857 for leth ops?

And if so, is it worth staying at the low end of the alacrity breakpoint (702) and maxing crit until gear is good enough to sustain 1857 alacrity with decent crit to back up - or should one go for 1857 alacrity in low gear (236's) even though crit will be as low as 1300?

This is obviously a PVE-related question.

The gearing guides say around 1400 alacrity for Lethality. However since this thread (
) says otherwise about alacrity breakpoints (and this has been discussed for mercs on their forums as well), is the only interesting breakpoint 1857 for leth ops?

And if so, is it worth staying at the low end of the alacrity breakpoint (702) and maxing crit until gear is good enough to sustain 1857 alacrity with decent crit to back up - or should one go for 1857 alacrity in low gear (236's) even though crit will be as low as 1300?

This is obviously a PVE-related question.

I love my leth op at 1860 alacrity, but at 236 it doesn't really matter. IMHO it's not worth the time or creds to min/max at that gear level, just use your upgrades to slowly nudge your alacrity up until you're there.

• 2 weeks later...

After reaching 246 rating I swapped to alac heavy gear and it’s glorious.

Now, follow-up question: I rarely dable with concealement, but every now and then I do. Are they as benefited as leth builds by 1857+ alac gear?

After reaching 246 rating I swapped to alac heavy gear and it’s glorious.

Now, follow-up question: I rarely dable with concealement, but every now and then I do. Are they as benefited as leth builds by 1857+ alac gear?

Yes, imo. The thing about concealment is that it is all about controlling your opponent. If you can mash buttons faster or equal to your opponent, then it is easier to maintain that control. Some people might say bigger burst is more important, but I think it's personal preference. Give it a try and see which you like.

The best alacrity? 1860+

How you achieve it and in the best way? 6 enhancements (must be 248) + 5 augments (can be 228, 236 or 240).

Add this alacrity to +1800 critical and you are good to go.

Alternative:

If you can't achieve +1860, go for between 1000 and 1100.

How can you achieve it? Simple. 4 enhancements (248) + 1 augment (228/236/240) / 4 enhancements (246) + 2 augments (228/236/240).

Why that much? Well, its a sort of a sweet spot. Your energy is regenerating at a rather comfortable pace(even though you shouldn't have troubles with it to be begin with, when pvp'ing with Lethality.) and actually lowers your CDs on abilities decently enough to be useful. Anything higher, well, its worthless stats, as so to speak.

Add a decently high critical (~1900) to this, as well, and you'll do just fine.