Relaxed Vestments Chestwraps: Graphical Glitch (Picture)

Luisen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm this bug with the Relaxed Vestments Chestwrap. I've tested it on my female human, body type 2, on my female Twi'lek, body type 2 on both the Republic and Imperial side. It happens no matter if the Relaxed Vestments Chestwrap is recolored via dyes or not. Note however, that the preview window and the character selection screen do not display this odd polygon and it looks as it should. It appears only in the actual gaming world (I've cranked up all graphics settings to maximum). It looks like some sort of alpha/transparenty on that texture is set incorrectly.

On a side note, I guess the devs only tested with the super-high graphics setting that they use to take promo screenshots and isn't available to us (except in cutscenes, the character selection screen and the preview window - when will they finally make this graphics setting available to the players?) and forgot to test the lower quality settings that are available to the players.

Edited by Glzmo

It's quite annoying how much quality issues there are when it comes to armours. Lots of visual bugs out there. For example the new Regal Apparel Tiara doesn't hide hoods which of course ends up looking ridiculous due to clipping. Almost every new piece has something wrong and there are zillion old armours that are either broken (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=641164) or have something wrong. For some reason female character type 2 seems to be the victim most of the time...

People use REAL MONEY to buy cartel market stuff, yet they get sheit that is bugged and/or broken. Get your quality control to work and act faster when it comes to fixing these. Some issues have been around for over year.

Edited by Eraan

http://picload.org/image/awowraa/chestglitch.jpg

As you can see in the screenshot, there is a red stripe between the bra and the wraps. This stripe doesn't occure in any preview window, neither in the character sheet nor in the character menu. It is only there in in game graphics.

I'm using a "white and deep red dye module" on it, bought from the security token vendor. My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce 570, driver 320.18. I already used the repair function, it did nothing. I deleted the asset files that contain chestpieces and redownloaded them via repair function. It didn't solve the problem. It happens when using SWTOR unleashed as well as when using the clean original launcher. There is no other programm running that touches the client in any way.

EDIT:

The glitch even isn't present when my character is in dialogs.

Edited by lokozar

I have this bug as well on my female characters, solid block on the right side between the top and the waist that only shows up in the game world and not in the preview or character select screen. Hope they can fix this fairly quick as it's really noticeable :(

Does anyone know if this bug is also visible on Female Body Type 1? I hope they fix this soon, but I'm not getting my hopes up. :(

It is there on body type 1 as well.

Worth noting, it shows correctly in cutscenes too. Bug only appears to happen running about the world.

Edited by Sarielle

*push*

You know that this armor piece was purchased with real money? Any official answer would be nice. Is this a known issue that will be fixed, are you looking into it or can I do something to prevent this behaviour? Anything?

While we're at it, it would be crazy awesome if the flaps didn't clip so badly with all skirts (like so many other tops with flaps). I found a skirt I can live with the clipping on, but it would be great if mix and matching were more doable.

Incidentally, the weird coloured patch is white on my Body 1 Female Sage (skin in the medium tones, 24ish maybe?)

Edited by Sarielle

At least the community is answering. ^^

Yes, I forgot to mention: mine is female body type 2, Sith pureblood, body color is this really deep red (don't know the number). I tried to change the colors of the chestpiece, but the problem persists. So, I suppose it's not the dye modules. Also, I asked people around me, whether they see the bug as well - yes they do. I assume it's not a problem on my end then.

I guess something with the textures went wrong when deploying the patch. Still some official answer to this would be nice. And yes I agree, the clipping issues getting worse with every patch. I mean, just look at this new miniskirt while moving around. It's insane. Not to mention the extensions on clothing... meh.

EDIT:

- Oh, btw. deleting DiskCacheArena did nothing to fix it.

- Any change to the graphics options neither.

- Nvidia system settings is on "let the program decide".

- As you can see, it somehow seems to 'match' the skin color of the character. Just a bit brighter.

Edited by lokozar

Took me 6 months of ************ and nagging to get them to announce they were going to fix Revans. Still haven't.... Wish you the best of luck though. Right now my focus is gearing up in-game and making sure they fix this Double Hood appearance bug plague on Revan's, Pathfinders, and Investigator's and fix the color bug on Revans set aswell. Edited by Magnusheart

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/1vcl.jpg/

=( i really hope they actually fix this, its kind of an eyesore. It sucks because I'm a subscriber, and spend REAL MONEY on a fair share of cartel coins. so much so that i REACHED my monthly limit for purchases and they wont even take my MONEY anymore. with the amount of money people shovel into this game bioware should make this game sparkle. Get your act together BIOWARE, your starting to lose support, and fast.

to top it off, you wont even take my money anymore, whats up with that? Isn't that the point of selling things?

Same here. Only diff for me is that it's a "white" patch where you have a "red" patch. I think the color is tied to the skin color of the character, but either way it's a definate glitch with the relaxed vestiments on female chars. :eek:

Mine is human female body type 1, pale skin. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Edited by NSStember
update

Yeah i just collected the set myself going by the preview window and when i put it on i get that same issue with the color being almost white on my right side.. pretty sure this issue goes for all female characters but my details that others have posted are Body Type: 2 - Skin: 14. Hope they get this fixed, especially since this is something they are asking real money for..

I'm having a similar problem, but the funny thing is that mine is on a MALE toon and it seems to be giving me the "chest strap" that's supposed to only be on the female version of the outfit. My graphical glitch covers my entire upper body in a solid color under the straps so it shows as if I were wearing a spandex long sleeve shirt. I have the costume on a different server (Harbinger) and it's fine. I re-rolled the character on Bastion and I get a different version of the top after paying to release it to my entire account.

Here is the side-by-side comparison of the two servers

I'm really hoping they respond to this issue pretty soon. I've tried contacting them in several different ways and all I seem to get is silence. They even closed my bug ticket without responding to me.

Edited by Jaavik