Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Being a saboteur (spoilers)

HollyUSEC
10.24.2019 , 10:29 PM | #1
My Scoundrel finished the Onslaught story. She's a saboteur secretly helping the Imps.

It was fun. It was funny. But to be honest? It wasn't really believable.

I fired the cannons to blast the Onderon ships. I said that the power grid must have been destroyed in the battle. And nobody checked it? They all bought my excuse at face value.

I secretly told the Imp operatives to activate the Mek-sha failsafe. Nobody asked any questions why I got there just too late.

Finally I walked away from the controls that would have saved the Republic's bacon. Nobody even got sore at me for being just too late, yet again?

Everyone pats me on the back and says I did my best. Didn't say, "Maybe you tried, but you failed, maybe you're not our savior, after all."

Not an ounce of suspicion that I might be helping the 'enemy.'

Is that really believable? I walk away smelling like a rose, the hero who did her best, even though she failed, even though the Republic's now in a lot of trouble.

It was fun. It was funny. But I'm asking myself, are the Pubs really that dumb? Not the slightest suspicion on me?

My Merc is also a saboteur secretly helping the Pubs. She's next to finish. I wonder if it will be as fun, and funny... and hard to believe.
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

JuventusAndFCK
10.26.2019 , 03:51 AM | #2
It's mostly the same excuses in the imp side, but I think Onderon can at least be beleived given that Onderon is a republic world, they have access to the power grid that needs checking.

There is a difference though between all sabs and loyalists; you don't get invited to directly rejoin your faction. Something that tells me that someone within the command structure might at least suspect you, and have warned the leaders?

HollyUSEC
10.26.2019 , 09:58 AM | #3
That's a good point. At first I thought not being invited back was just unique to Smugglers because they started out as somewhat more independent, but after reading another thread on these boards, I saw that it's apparently a saboteur ending. My gunslinger and powertech are loyalists and it's going to be interesting to see what they get invited to rejoin as (no don't tell me hahaha).

Pretty tantalizing thought, that someone high up in command is beginning to suspect the saboteur commander isn't everything he or she appears. The saboteur options in Onslaught are much bolder than in Jedi Under Siege, and it's quite conceivable that the saboteur Commander will eventually be found out. And THAT will really be interesting.
W T F = F T W spelled backward.