Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MAJOR SPOILER Please don't bring him back.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
MAJOR SPOILER Please don't bring him back.

that_Spartan_IV
10.24.2019 , 06:46 AM | #1
I'm so sick and tired of Vitiate. We have fought against him over and over and over. Enough already.
"Two there should be, no more, no less."

Kajuratus
10.24.2019 , 08:02 AM | #2
I'm pretty sure the Emperor's not alive, this is more of a "if I die, everything dies with me" backup scenario. I'm also pretty sure he's only "back" to justify Scourge's absence from KOTFE and KOTET. It was bad enough Scourge said absolutely nothing in Shadow of Revan and Ziost, and I'm glad his absence from the Knights expansions actually has meaning now. However, if we end up hearing Vitiate's voice again, I hope they've got back Doug Bradley to voice him. Nothing against Darin De Paul who voices Valkorion, but the original voice of the Emperor IS Doug Bradley. Considering this plague originates from his original body, it wouldn't make much sense for the Valkorion voice to somehow manifest itself in this new storyline. I'm often reminded of the description the Revan novel gives, "There was something strange about the Emperor's voice. It didn't sound like the voice of a single being. It had an unusual echo and resonance, almost as if a great multitude were speaking his words in perfect symphony." The way the Emperor speaks in the base game encapsulates this almost perfectly. Alongside the codex entry, "the Emperor's Voice can always be identified by its emotionless, precise and controlled manner of speaking. Some have privately described conversations with this entity as extremely disturbing"

Slowpokeking
10.24.2019 , 09:43 PM | #3
True, no more Vitiate thx.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

XxHazenxX
10.26.2019 , 05:34 AM | #4
I'm 100% all for Vitiate (with Doug Bradley). IMO he wasn't in the base game nearly long enough after all the pre-launch speculation/stories/theories we got about him between KotOR and SWTOR. There was a lot of speculation at the time that he was Darth Andeddu, which I would have liked, but either way, Vitiate was probably the most interesting character to me in the base game by a long shot.

Valkorion on the other hand, I hated. Pretty much anything pertaining to those 2 expansions, I disregard as never happening lol. Vitiate + Empire vs Republic actually makes me feel like I'm playing a Star Wars game. KotFE/KotET made me feel like I was playing some kind of generic space fantasy game. I applaud their efforts, but that story was a dumpster fire. If we got the level of detail and cinematics in the base game that we did in KotFE and KotET, that would have been great.
SWG-Flurry
<DFR> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <DFR>
July 10, 2004 - December 15, 2011

SerraShar
10.27.2019 , 08:57 PM | #5
Just finished it.

I think this wont be about Valk the douche. But about Ruining Satele Shan (Boohoo I love her so much)...

But like others said, its a 'weapon fail safe thingy'' .

Ok so who wanna take a bet ? I'm gonna bet...Malgus gonna ruin everything lolol
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Zeerastul
10.28.2019 , 05:47 AM | #6
I actually liked Valkorion and I hope he comes back cause you rarely had any interaction with him in the main game and plus they could do so much more with him. So yes I actually hope they do bring him back cause again they could do more with him

SerraShar
10.28.2019 , 04:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeerastul View Post
I actually liked Valkorion and I hope he comes back cause you rarely had any interaction with him in the main game and plus they could do so much more with him. So yes I actually hope they do bring him back cause again they could do more with him
the thing, Valk doesn't wanna chat with you. You are beneath him. He just wanted your precious body, then he would've discarded your consciousness like it was garbage .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy

OlBuzzard
10.28.2019 , 05:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
Just finished it.

I think this wont be about Valk the douche. But about Ruining Satele Shan (Boohoo I love her so much)...

But like others said, its a 'weapon fail safe thingy'' .

Ok so who wanna take a bet ? I'm gonna bet...Malgus gonna ruin everything lolol
Ummm I'm going out on a limb on this one (looks quick to see if anyone has a chain saw in hand !)

BUT:

Spoiler
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

SerraShar
10.28.2019 , 06:19 PM | #9
I agree with you..

Spoiler
Balance in All Things

OlBuzzard
10.28.2019 , 10:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
I agree with you..

Spoiler
If you stop and think about it ..

Spoiler
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|