Operation guilds -- are they still out there?

Other than a very small handful that are capable of getting world first boss kills, are there other decent operations guilds out there? It's hard to find a dedicated raid group to play with because the ranking sites are so outdated. So where are the operation guilds?

I say that as a returning player who participated in every Nightmare mode Fatman server first kill pre-Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I'm interested in raiding, but it's pretty tough to find a real group. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Edited by Metinsith

They are still out there.. You could try to look at the Progression Tracking http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=746116

Although that is not at all a comprehensive list of active NiM capable guilds out there, it's a decent starting point.

Besides that you can spend a few evenings announcing on fleet that you're looking for a progression group and see if someone bites.

Lastly you can look through the recruitment forums here.. I found my spot in a NiM group recently like that.

Yeah I'm definitely not looking to re-join a world-first kind of guild for SWTOR. Just looking for something that eventually will complete the content on Nightmare during the tier's time as the current content.

I know that Republic Honor Guard on The Ebon Hawk is a big ops guild. We have 10 raid teams at different stages of progression.

Yeah I'm definitely not looking to re-join a world-first kind of guild for SWTOR. Just looking for something that eventually will complete the content on Nightmare during the tier's time as the current content.

What server are you on? you could check their guild recruitment forums to try and find something that works for you, each server also keeps track of progression with their own threads, and have a much more comprehensive list than the world thread.

I'm on Prophecy of the Five currently, but I'm willing to relocate. Looking to play either merc or gunslinger.

try looking here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=404

you could also just post in the servers main section, looking at it while I grabbed the link above there were a bunch of posts from people looking for groups and guilds