Bioware should be punished. There is no way they do not know this exists.

Ojas

They are trying to make the game unbalanced to make the game easier for their most played class so that their most played class has a greater incentive to subscribe. This is criminal. Throwing us under the bus to appease their sorcerers/sages.

Kolto Injection (KI) costs 25 energy.

At 5 Energy regen per sec it takes 5 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

At 4 Energy regen per sec it takes 6.25 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

At 3 Energy regen per sec it takes 8.33 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

At 2.5 Energy regen per sec it takes 10 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

At 2 Energy regen per sec it takes 12.5 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

Dark Infusion (DI) costs 55 force. (Before the talents to decrease it's cost).

At 8 Force regen per sec it takes 6.875 seconds to accumulate the force to cast DI.

At 8 Force regen per sec it takes 6.875 seconds to accumulate the force to cast DI.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

We're perfectly aware that this difference exists.

It's because, shockingly, Agents are not Inquisitors.

The mirror class for the Agent is the Smuggler, the mirror class for the Inquisitor is the Consular.

Just in case it wasn't clear: We have different classes in the game - that means they actually have different abilities, energy systems, costs, etc. In short: It's working as designed.

Georg

edit: fixed a typo where "Consular" should have appeared!

Edited by AllisonBerryman

WOW!:eek: I play as sentinel, I say IAs are some powerful character, well it depends on the user on how he/she utilize the skills. Now I play as a sniper, at level 11, I joined pvp and I ranked as NO. 2, killed almost 35+ LOOOOOOLLLL :D:D

At 5 Energy regen per sec it takes 5 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

At 4 Energy regen per sec it takes 6.25 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

At 3 Energy regen per sec it takes 8.33 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

At 2.5 Energy regen per sec it takes 10 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

At 2 Energy regen per sec it takes 12.5 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

Apples are not oranges. Also, you're ignoring Stim Boost.

Apples are not oranges. Also, you're ignoring Stim Boost.

I'm also ignoring Subversion and Consumption.

But if you want to go there. Fine.

With Stim Boost:

At 6 Energy regen per sec it takes 4.17 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

At 3.5 Energy regen per sec it takes 7.14 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

With Subversion:

At 10.4 Force regen per sec it takes 5.288 seconds to accumulate the force to cast DI.

At 10.4 Force regen per sec it takes 5.288 seconds to accumulate the force to cast DI.

Without Subversion

Note, that in high damage situations, even when we have stim boost, and they don't have subversion. They get better regen rates.

We have one ability to increase our Energy by 50 every 2 minutes. They get one that allows them to increase their Force by 48 and is free cast every 12 seconds.

They are trying to make the game unbalanced to make the game easier for their most played class so that their most played class has a greater incentive to subscribe. This is criminal. Throwing us under the bus to appease their sorcerers/sages.

That's completely retarded. BW are intentionally alienating part of their customer base? Why would they do that?

I regularly top healing in WZ's with my Op, although sorcs tend to do more damage and still do decent healing. We've got great mobility, and if we're not trying to mix it up in melee it's easy to stun/snare/cloaking screen if/when we get attacked, move away, and carry on healing. I have ZERO energy problems between AP and stim boost. I've got no interest in the maths-crunching; all I know is that I do a good job of healing, I don't run out of energy, ever, and I'm having fun doing it.

That's completely retarded. BW are intentionally alienating part of their customer base? Why would they do that?

I regularly top healing in WZ's with my Op, although sorcs tend to do more damage and still do decent healing. We've got great mobility, and if we're not trying to mix it up in melee it's easy to stun/snare/cloaking screen if/when we get attacked, move away, and carry on healing. I have ZERO energy problems between AP and stim boost. I've got no interest in the maths-crunching; all I know is that I do a good job of healing, I don't run out of energy, ever, and I'm having fun doing it.

prove it. fraps a warzone start to finish.

This guy doesn't play Operative Healer or playing in a server against pink rabbits. No need to answer to him, don't bother trying to prove anything. 'great mobility', 'easy to stun/snare/cloaking screen..' 'ZERO energy problems' 'I don't run out of energy, ever'

2 kolto probe, get stimboost, fill energy, join combat > Recuperative Nanotech (26 energy with gear) > Kolto Injection (25 energy) > Surgical Probe (Free) > Kolto Injection (25 energy) > Surgical Probe (Free) > Renew Kolto Probe (15 energy) > Renew Rec Nanotech (26 energy) > KI (25) > SP (Free) > KI (25) > SP (Free) > Renew Kolto Probe > Renew Stimboost > KI (25) > SP (Free) > Renew Rec Nanotech .... repeat the cycle once more and I am down to 20 energy, not enough energy to recast KI... Diagnostic Scan? :p oops Diagnoctic Scan is not strong enough to keep anyone alive, and I don't have time to use it cause unlike Hard Mode or World bosses, enemy players do not have specific times to rest and refill energy, so Dia Scan is useless in PvP.

I want to learn in which server this guy is playing, cause I also want to spank bunnies who don't target healers first and allow healing.

This guy doesn't play Operative Healer or playing in a server against pink rabbits. No need to answer to him, don't bother trying to prove anything. 'great mobility', 'easy to stun/snare/cloaking screen..' 'ZERO energy problems' 'I don't run out of energy, ever'

2 kolto probe, get stimboost, fill energy, join combat > Recuperative Nanotech (26 energy with gear) > Kolto Injection (25 energy) > Surgical Probe (Free) > Kolto Injection (25 energy) > Surgical Probe (Free) > Renew Kolto Probe (15 energy) > Renew Rec Nanotech (26 energy) > KI (25) > SP (Free) > KI (25) > SP (Free) > Renew Kolto Probe > Renew Stimboost > KI (25) > SP (Free) > Renew Rec Nanotech .... repeat the cycle once more and I am down to 20 energy, not enough energy to recast KI... Diagnostic Scan? :p oops Diagnoctic Scan is not strong enough to keep anyone alive, and I don't have time to use it cause unlike Hard Mode or World bosses, enemy players do not have specific times to rest and refill energy, so Dia Scan is useless in PvP.

I want to learn in which server this guy is playing, cause I also want to spank bunnies who don't target healers first and allow healing.

Who are you talking about? Me or the guy you quoted.

I honestly don't care what he says to defend it.

All out healing as an operative, you run out of energy. Im in full champ/bm gear, my heals are strong. There is no way you are healing to an acceptable amount and not running out of energy.

I mean, yeah, maybe he is warzone healing with just diagnostic scan and not running out of energy,

I'm also ignoring Subversion and Consumption.

But if you want to go there. Fine.

With Stim Boost:

At 6 Energy regen per sec it takes 4.17 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

At 3.5 Energy regen per sec it takes 7.14 seconds to accumulate the energy to cast KI.

With Subversion:

Without Subversion

Note, that in high damage situations, even when we have stim boost, and they don't have subversion. They get better regen rates.

We have one ability to increase our Energy by 50 every 2 minutes. They get one that allows them to increase their Force by 48 and is free cast every 12 seconds.

So what you are saying is that if an OP keeps his energy regen where it should be, then his energy regen is better than force regen.

Got it.

Right.... maybe as a 23/0/18 and you aren't going to top healing charts, otherwise I don't believe you.

I honestly don't understand the reason behind regeneration drop as the bar goes down (BH has the same thing with heat bar). As pointed out, consulars/inqs doesn't suffer regeneration drop.

Do Sorcerers/Sages have a zero energy cost ranged attack like Operatives/Scoundrels and Commando/Mercenary?

I should preface this with the fact that my char is currently level 35, not 50, so I can't speak for what it's like in HM's/50 PvP.

As for your insanely long rotation cycle: I never have to maintain a rotation for that long, continuously, in PvP, and I'm surprised if you do. Whilst you're healing your allies, your allies are attacking the enemy. If they fail you're dead/fleeing and if they succeed then they kill the enemies in the immediate vicinity, catching you a breather to recoup energy. I doubt that a sorc would able to maintain a 16-talent rotation without a significant drop in Force energy either. Again: not referring to PvE.

Did I not just give an example of being targeted above? If you're targeted, that's what cloaking screen/stuns/snares are for. There's no excuse for not getting away and repositioning until the heat is back on your tanks/DPS'ers, unless you're getting pounded on by multiple enemies.

Right.... maybe as a 23/0/18 and you aren't going to top healing charts, otherwise I don't believe you.

Again, not coming at this as a 50. Maybe it will be a whole other story once I start hitting level-50 WZ's.

I should preface this with the fact that my char is currently level 35, not 50, so I can't speak for what it's like in HM's/50 PvP.

You haven't even begun to PVP. You have no idea what it's like at all.

Good luck facing the same teams for days on end and being recognized, and appropriately focused, by an enemy interrupt/CC chain squad.

You have **** for mobility, bad healing when under interrupt pressure, and no defensive cooldowns beyond Vanish (no healing done or received for 10 seconds) and a 45s cd 2k shield.

Do Sorcerers/Sages have a zero energy cost ranged attack like Operatives/Scoundrels and Commando/Mercenary?

...the... the one that does 450 damage (if it crits?) and is dodged/deflected/absorbed?

Like... I don't get what you're trying to say here. No, they don't get an ability that will only ever be used for interrupting a capture. They have a spammable AOE pulse ability for that. They also get a pretty ****** instant AOE that does what Weakening Blast does for Lethality, but better, and for fewer talent points when they hybridize. Pretty BA if you ask me.

Edited by Xenthum

As for your insanely long rotation cycle: I never have to maintain a rotation for that long, continuously, in PvP, and I'm surprised if you do. Whilst you're healing your allies, your allies are attacking the enemy. If they fail you're dead/fleeing and if they succeed then they kill the enemies in the immediate vicinity, catching you a breather to recoup energy. I doubt that a sorc would able to maintain a 16-talent rotation without a significant drop in Force energy either. Again: not referring to PvE.

Did I not just give an example of being targeted above? If you're targeted, that's what cloaking screen/stuns/snares are for. There's no excuse for not getting away and repositioning until the heat is back on your tanks/DPS'ers, unless you're getting pounded on by multiple enemies.

Again, not coming at this as a 50. Maybe it will be a whole other story once I start hitting level-50 WZ's.

If you are not a 50 you don't know what you are talking about

Hey,

We're perfectly aware that this difference exists.

It's because, shockingly, Agents are not Inquisitors.

The mirror class for the Agent is the Smuggler, the mirror class for the Inquisitor is the Smuggler.

Just in case it wasn't clear: We have different classes in the game - that means they actually have different abilities, energy systems, costs, etc. In short: It's working as designed.

Georg

That supposed to say "Consular" or am I missing something?

Edited by CIKShock