People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

This situation is getting way out of control. Today, I'm getting into warzones with only 5 people left in them which then fill up and gradually empty again. More and more people are just leaving a warzone at the first sight of a loss. I don't usually leave. Today after getting into that 5 man warzone and watching repeat people joining afterwards and leaving I finally thought wth should I be the one to stay in this if noone can be arsed to take their turn when a loss comes, so I bailed. It's got to the point where the system is now just broken.

We need a fix. I don't see any other way besides applying a penalty. A 15 minute debuff preventing queueing for more warzone seems like the most reasonable suggestion so far.

Whatever happens, it can't stay as it is.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the pvp in this game was fun, you think:

A: More people would leave

B: Less people would leave

Adding a punitive measure won't make it any more fun.

suggest a viable alternative for consideration because it can't stay as it is.

A 15 minute debuff has worked fine in other games. The only downside I experienced was when the game crashes and you get the debuff through no fault of your own. It's annoying but the situation is still preferable to the one we have here.

its been out of control for some time now....

Especially when BW announced that leavers are causing the warzone count bug...

You would think that people might have some sense and not be the first to join a wz if they think they might leave on a loss but the situation has got worse rather than better.

Once Bioware implements win/loss ratio scorekeeping for battlegrounds, counting a leaver's leaving (or possibly a legit player's dc'ing) as a loss, for all time, is the natural way to curb this. Those who quit a losing round are weak people and are intolerant of loss. Edited by Jarvus

It will get progressively worse now that more people are BM (thanks for making valor gains a joke in Ilum, BW. . .) and are only there for the daily wins. I still can't believe they wouldn't just change the daily to three games played since that would not only fix the bug they've failed to fix three times, but also give incentive to play it out win or lose.

Nevermind the fact that nobody would even bother if not for the dailies in the first place. Bioware's incompetence will be their downfall. :\

A 15 minute debuff has worked fine in other games. The only downside I experienced was when the game crashes and you get the debuff through no fault of your own. It's annoying but the situation is still preferable to the one we have here.

No, i preffer people leaving all the time, than get 15(30) min WZ lock because of disconnect\client crash bugs.

-People play PVP to complete the dailies.

-Dailies are only completed by winning.

-Gear awarded from daily PVP bags can be harvested for mods/enhancements.

-Losing awards nothing.

You're a game designer and you wonder why people quit at the first sign of losing?

Who invented this garbage?

pvp is a win and lose sport.

What do you win as a loser in sport?

What do you learn from winning vs losing?

Blaming BW for creating a playing field where we get to fight it out, is ridiculous.

Blaming individuals for behavior that is selfish, is easy, and relevant. They don't care you say, I say they do. You can tell from the angry region spam, the frothing about bad teams etc.

Its a maturity issue, someone has to lose, and that can't be me, im special.

The answer is not to punish people who leave however, one they do that im canceling ...the premade situation is so out of control it sucks and im not staying in those horrible warzones getting killed effortlessly over and over by organized thugs who might otherwise be outside torturing kittens. To put a penelty in place will not be an answer i promise you it will further ruin already horrible pvp. And btw im quite sure op the only reason your posting is because your premades dont have enough sheep for you to kill, not because your on the losing side as a pug, because with or without the afk'ers the pugs still lose, so nice try at trolling.

It will get progressively worse now that more people are BM (thanks for making valor gains a joke in Ilum, BW. . .) and are only there for the daily wins. I still can't believe they wouldn't just change the daily to three games played since that would not only fix the bug they've failed to fix three times, but also give incentive to play it out win or lose.

Never mind the fact that nobody would even bother if not for the dailies in the first place. Bioware's incompetence will be their downfall. :\

While I don't think the dailies should be changed to games completed, you are absolutely correct in advocating a change to the current daily/weekly?

Posts have been mind asking Bioware to change the daily to something less luck based, and more individual. You know, something you can work towards even if you end up with a bad/under-geared team. I can't tell if the people who scream "penalty" as the only option for dealing with the mass-quitters issue are either ignoring the posts (like yours), or it simply didn't occur to them that mass warzone quitting is symptomatic of a larger problem.

The answer is not to punish people who leave however, one they do that im canceling ...the premade situation is so out of control it sucks and im not staying in those horrible warzones getting killed effortlessly over and over by organized thugs who might otherwise be outside torturing kittens. To put a penelty in place will not be an answer i promise you it will further ruin already horrible pvp. And btw im quite sure op the only reason your posting is because your premades dont have enough sheep for you to kill, not because your on the losing side as a pug, because with or without the afk'ers the pugs still lose, so nice try at trolling.

I play in premades sometimes but about half the time I solo, with all the usual negatives that comes with that. Yesterday whilst solo I didn't complete the 3 win daily partly due to meeting premades, partly due to keep joining half empty losing warzones that others quit and kindly gave me their spot. Partly due to not being able to much change the flow of tide as a solo joiner.

An additional idea to the penalty might be to award x champ comms for completing a warzone and allow champ comms to be converted upwards into BM at a negative ratio balanced to make it not too easy.

Edited by Jargonaut

A 15 min debuff isn't long enough. If you are leveling that is. Basically you can just quest pop in see if you want to be there and leave with a 15 minute punishment. The WZ was about 15 minutes anyway.

Maybe the 15 min penalty hurts a 50 more but I would just do something else. Jump on a alt for a bit perhaps. Just doesn't seem like anything time related is enough these days. Need to have some penalty on a persons Valor rank! Leaving a warzone early will cost you a total valor rank in addition to the loss of points and a debuff locking you out of wz for 1/2hr.

Might seem severe but I think it could be more then even what I said.

Edited by Gryphandor

i would probably just set it to auto run in a corner and afk instead

THIS is what would happen if you put in a penalty. Id rather have people come in willing to play than the people in all AFKing and AFKing will be a HUGE issue if you put a deserter debuff on. I rather people leave then AFK. But it doesnt matter cause I just unsubbed anyways.

Just sayin.

No, i preffer people leaving all the time, than get 15(30) min WZ lock because of disconnect\client crash bugs.

I know I'm not the only one Force Leaping (or Obliterate in Rage spec) to some people in Alderaan/VoidStar/HuttBall and getting f'king D/C sometimes...

Last time I didn't get D/C but had a nice starry sky (albeit orange/reddish) ... Well the AFK debuff started and 1min after that crap , bam kicked out of the WZ. /stuck didn't work btw.

So, I vote no to that stupid bandwagon trend of punishing smart people who don't wanna waste their time getting faceroll'd by a premade when they're with a bunch of fresh 50 in lv40 greens and not willing to cooperate/clueless about w-t-f to do.

Let's hope instead they just cut the crap out of the endgame anyway (just kill ilum and those stupid 3 wins a day quests already)

THIS is what would happen if you put in a penalty. Id rather have people come in willing to play than the people in all AFKing and AFKing will be a HUGE issue if you put a deserter debuff on. I rather people leave then AFK. But it doesnt matter cause I just unsubbed anyways.

Just sayin.

True. I can only remember those leechers in other mmo. Hated them.

If the pvp in this game was fun, you think:

A: More people would leave

B: Less people would leave

Adding a punitive measure won't make it any more fun.

If people don't like the PvP they shouldn't queue up at all, screwing other people by dumping matches isn't acceptable.

Queue dumping should cause loss of rank and a 30 minute deserter debuff.