How Ranked & Pvp in General could be fixed!

Sithsensor

Hello fellow Pvpers! As you know, ever since the merging of gear and the removal of the Expertise stat pvp has been in a rough state! I understand that the developers wanted to make gearing easier for the new player, however this may not have been the best way to do so. Without ruining the video i made talking about the issue, i want to just briefly go over why Expertise is important, and why it's needed especially in competitive ranked.

Do to the Galactic command system, people who don't really care about rating or competitive are now queuing for ranked warzones. This is not only frustrating but shouldn't be the case. A lot of people think that ranked should be for everyone, I AGREE to a point. YES, ranked should be for everyone, but it should be for everyone who wants to compete on another level, and really improve their skill at pvp. It shouldn't be for people just looking to get command ranks, because even if you lose that's still counting towards your daily and weekly. I don't even need to bring up the issue of throwers. All of this is outlined in my video, would love to get this some traction! Because as someone who is coming back to the game because I really enjoyed the ranked system, I'd love to see it get fixed! But we as a community need to also try and provide helpful suggestions to fix this. No need to just bash the Devs. At the end of the day we all want a better game, lets help Keith and the guys at Bioware make it happen!!

I am not sitting through 13 minutes of your ramblings. Post some bullet points and then we can all discuss and nothing will come of it.

How is his channel supposed to grow if you don't click the link and watch the video and subscribe?

That's the reason for the thread, right?

I'm glad he didn't spoil it like he said he wouldn't.

Do to the Galactic command system, people who don't really care about rating or competitive are now queuing for ranked warzones. This is not only frustrating but shouldn't be the case. A lot of people think that ranked should be for everyone, I AGREE to a point. YES, ranked should be for everyone, but it should be for everyone who wants to compete on another level, and really improve their skill at pvp.

I think you haven't realized that the number of people in this game who do not want to compete " at another level" is 80% and that is why they had to lure more casuals into ranked to make it more ACTIVE.

This game has low population bro and unless you want to wait 30 mins for a pop you will make ranked accessible for everyone and that's how it should be.

PVP Servers are dead, PVP instances are dead, PVP guilds are mostly dead. DO you think many ppl would have any reason to bother with ranked if it had some valor or gear requiriment ? You bet not.

Why is it so hard to understand why Bioware made ranked so accessible for every PVE bloke out there ?

I would have done the same and you would have done the same if you were running this game. it's so obvious and logical move.

You don't make access restrictions on an already low population game mode.

EDIT.OK bro. I cannot watch your video for more than 6 mins.

So you want to report a player for sucking and not caring. You want new people in ranked yet you want to report everybody WHO YOU THINK sucked, did not care and threw the match.

Can't take you seriously bro. sorry.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

you could watch the vid while waiting for a ranked WZ match.

Bottom line is the studio can't make enough content that's interesting enough for people to start/keep playing. - Not with the few people left and the small budget that they have.

Only way to make ranked good again is if like minded players team up and challenge others.

BW hasn't the resources at their disposal. - No gear changes, no incentives, no reward, no grind is ever gonna compete with getting 7 friends together and knocking lumps out of one another.

Wanting Bioware to fix it is a long wait for a train that ain't never coming.

Lol i feel the sarcasm

How is his channel supposed to grow if you don't click the link and watch the video and subscribe?

That's the reason for the thread, right?

I'm glad he didn't spoil it like he said he wouldn't.

I was talking about people who LITERALLY come in to the throw the match.. I'm not talking about new players who don't know 100% what to do. I realize that.

I think you haven't realized that the number of people in this game who do not want to compete " at another level" is 80% and that is why they had to lure more casuals into ranked to make it more ACTIVE.

This game has low population bro and unless you want to wait 30 mins for a pop you will make ranked accessible for everyone and that's how it should be.

PVP Servers are dead, PVP instances are dead, PVP guilds are mostly dead. DO you think many ppl would have any reason to bother with ranked if it had some valor or gear requiriment ? You bet not.

Why is it so hard to understand why Bioware made ranked so accessible for every PVE bloke out there ?

I would have done the same and you would have done the same if you were running this game. it's so obvious and logical move.

You don't make access restrictions on an already low population game mode.

EDIT.OK bro. I cannot watch your video for more than 6 mins.

So you want to report a player for sucking and not caring. You want new people in ranked yet you want to report everybody WHO YOU THINK sucked, did not care and threw the match.

Can't take you seriously bro. sorry.

Fixing ranked has nothing to do with expertise. BW needs servers to merge and x-faction for arenas at least. Then q syncing and win trading become hard, ratings start to be about skill and new people don't get thrown against teams of hardcore vets using voice over and over.