BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

Today i get new, crazy idea :):

Guieded missiles - The ability to shoot missiles at all angles to enemies - for ex. when run away with enemy on the back. To activate ability u need one stack of heat siganture - missiles will be, from this moment hitting enemy regardless of your angle to him. Also can works from the wall - u don't have to see him to hit him. Can work well with tracer - u hit badguy once, run away behind corner and start to cast - your missiles will still reach the target. Also can work with heatseeker - for escapes specially - just run, and launch.

Also thinking about convering it to Commando - maybe some laser desingator...

This idea is for fun and entertainment purposes, pls no hatin :) - just something more creative than normal bump.

cheers.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guieded missiles - The ability to shoot missiles at all angles to enemies - for ex. when run away with enemy on the back. To activate ability u need one stack of heat siganture - missiles will be, from this moment hitting enemy regardless of your angle to him. Also can works from the wall - u don't have to see him to hit him. Can work well with tracer - u hit badguy once, run away behind corner and start to cast - your missiles will still reach the target. Also can work with heatseeker - for escapes specially - just run, and launch.

This idea is for fun and entertainment purposes, pls no hatin :) - just something more creative than normal bump.

cheers.

nope. casting has auto-facing already, and rotating your camera is literally the easiest thing to do in the game.

asking to be able to attack w/out LoS at all? ie through a wall? LOL

Ohh u don't get the idea. Let me try to explain. When I was talking about agnles I was thinknig about instan abilities - heatseeker, exp dart etc - dont have to strafe.

2nd thing -> link it's not like casting through walls but cast whitout line of sight. The idea comes to me when I was playing BF BC 2. It's something like on this trailer -> link

cheers.

From an entertainment purpose I like the idea! Still requires a grav round cast though. If anything else depends on that ability the universe will probably implode.

Daily random suggestions:

--AoE, Point Blank, Non-GDC, Stealth Scan out to 15m with a snare (snare only hits people who are stealthed)

--Change Stealth Scan to not go by the global cooldown. And to also snare any stealthers who are caught, and also lower their "Defense" stat by the amount of 5% via a Blinding effect. (Not lowing it by 5% of the total, but go from 10% defense to 5% defense etc)

And my new favorite....

--Thermal Detonator causes a 1 second stun when it explodes. (Or even a .1 second stun, simply to interrupt channels) Imagine an enemy running after you with a thermal stuck to their chest. When it finally explodes, they stumble for a second due to the shockwave.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

I think an interesting way to help fix the merc/commando issue would be to change around the eliminator pvp set bonus, and make them worth something. This why there would be no effect on PVE play due to ability changes, and the set bonus could be used to address the PVP problems.

Have the 2 piece add an effective root to a ranged attack. Then have the 4 piece lower the cooldown of the shield to 60 seconds and make it so you are immune to all controlling effects when in use.

I think an interesting way to help fix the merc/commando issue would be to change around the eliminator pvp set bonus, and make them worth something. This why there would be no effect on PVE play due to ability changes, and the set bonus could be used to address the PVP problems.

Have the 2 piece add an effective root to a ranged attack. Then have the 4 piece lower the cooldown of the shield to 60 seconds and make it so you are immune to all controlling effects when in use.

do not touch my set bonus plox

nope. casting has auto-facing already, and rotating your camera is literally the easiest thing to do in the game.

asking to be able to attack w/out LoS at all? ie through a wall? LOL

There's already an ability that does that, on engineering/sabotage.

Nice idea but when pyro PT/assault VG gonna get this - almost all time on shield: CD - 60 s +Energy Rebounder/Reflexive Shield. He already has 2 instant stuns, slow and Grapple/Harpoon. With root ability there will be no escape.

They could easily add to the 2 piece set bonus that Jet Boost when activated removes all movement impairing effects. In fact I think there's a decent chance that will happen...

Source?

I mean you're right they could. Why do you think they will? Just curious.

I'd much prefer a root attached to the knockback than have it cleanse movement impairing effects, but that's me.

Source?

I mean you're right they could. Why do you think they will? Just curious.

I'd much prefer a root attached to the knockback than have it cleanse movement impairing effects, but that's me.

I could possibly see them adding in new set bonuses when the expansion comes out.

However, how many merc/commando players are going to hang around for that if in the up coming patches our issues, and other pvp issues in general, are not addressed by the devs?

Bump for Justice!

There's already an ability that does that, on engineering/sabotage.

that is different from firing a missile that tracks around walls.

the sniper engi tree has EMP discharge, which detonates something that was already applied to the target

All we can hope for, now, is that the new skills from the Hutt dlc thingie won't suck for us...

Based on Tech Override, a lack of combat rez at launch and a lack of an interrupt for over half a year, I wouldn't hold my breath for that. It's going to suck. Everyone else will get something amazing though.

Based on Tech Override, a lack of combat rez at launch and a lack of an interrupt for over half a year, I wouldn't hold my breath for that. It's going to suck. Everyone else will get something amazing though.

friendly wager?

i'm going with they will attempt to placate to the long time suffering of the Mercenary class by giving them something quite overpowered.

only to be blown up in the forums and nerfed in an emergency patch.

as far as the wager...could be gentlemen's bet...something of value (don't think u are on the Garbinger...get it..garbage, oh, HO...whew!)

or something humiliating...like q'ing for RWZ's and SS'ing 10 matches to post here.

are you up for it? :p

friendly wager?

i'm going with they will attempt to placate to the long time suffering of the Mercenary class by giving them something quite overpowered.

as far as the wager...could be gentlemen's bet...something of value (don't think u are on the Garbinger...get it..garbage, oh, HO...whew!)

or something humiliating...like q'ing for RWZ's and SS'ing 10 matches to post here.

Gentleman's Wager? I bet you 1 credit sir it either sucks out loud or gets nerfed within 1 patch.

Though your scenario doesn't seem unlikely, we'll see if they can stick to their guns if it happens.

Gentleman's Wager? I bet you 1 credit sir it either sucks out loud or gets nerfed within 1 patch.

Though your scenario doesn't seem unlikely, we'll see if they can stick to their guns if it happens.

i expect my pay in a timely manner...

or i will put a bounty on you, in to which my BH will take, then come tickle with rapid shots until you pay up!

friendly wager?

If they actually give us something new, I don't think that the ability itself will be inherently OP. What will happen though is that the mercs and mandos that have become skilled in operating their toons under the current conditions will finally have an ability, or abilities, that put us on par with other classes and the end result is the other classes getting roflstomped.

Resulting QQ and instant nerf will still be the same though.

Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that if they make dps commando viable in rated then we would be considered overpowered for normal Qs...therefore you will see no improvement in performance against the other classes. This AC will always be fail because of this. I have switched to saboteur gunslinger and it is everything this AC should have been without the cool armor...if they nerf that then I will be done with playing anything but my OP Jedi guardian.

Vanguard crits me with HIB for 5007......the most I have ever gotten is 4.3 or around there. And I am max/min.

same. Rail Shot is typically 3.5-4k. ill get the occasional 4.5k hit against a sorc/sage. i *almost* broke 5k last night w/ Thermal Detonator, 4997. SO CLOSE :rolleyes: