Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island Veteran Flashpoints not in Group Finder

Veteran versions of Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island flashpoints are not present in the group finder (which still uses the old "Tactical Flashpoint" definition). These 2 Flashpoints were not scaled like the others in 4.0. cycle, which is why their exclusion made sense at the time. However, with 5.0. they have been scaled to Level 70 like all other Veteran Flashpoints, which means finding a group for them without a grop finder is now unreasonably difficult, and almost impossible, especially when you consider that Veteran versions of those Flashpoints are required for several achievements.

Please make sure those 2 Flashpoints are added to the Group Finder Veteran (Tactical) selection. Thank you.

I can already imagine

- LR-5 Sentinel Droid with random people through GF

- Sav-Rak with random people through GF (you think Valk's push is annoying?)

They would have to remove so many things from these two flashpoints that it would make them boring to do. Don't expect a random player to do the mechanics right in last boss fight in Lost Island.

Edited by Halinalle

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I recall that this was actually discussed during one of the dev streams a while ago. The reasoning behind there being no Tactical / Veteran version of these two flashpoints is that the design philosophy behind them was radically different from the other flashpoints and that they were deemed too difficult for players in a random group to successfully navigate and complete.

In other words, there's no one who can be bothered to tune them for Tactical use.

I believe I recall that this was actually discussed during one of the dev streams a while ago. The reasoning behind there being no Tactical / Veteran version of these two flashpoints is that the design philosophy behind them was radically different from the other flashpoints and that they were deemed too difficult for players in a random group to successfully navigate and complete.

In other words, there's no one who can be bothered to tune them for Tactical use.

That would have been strange criteria. You can pug it in hard mode...like that would be easier to pug than tactical? Unless you/they meant "too difficult for a quartet of dps that refuse to run kolto stations or use DCDs", then yeah, I would have avoided a tactical version of these two like the plague

Funny, considering that many (the majority I'd say) of the Story Mode Uprisings bosses are impossible to kill if you have 4 DPS without off heals and/or defensive CDs, even if all 4 players are experienced.

It does make my OCD trigger that I can't complete the story mission for the Kaon storyline on many many toons, but that is very far down in the list of SWTOR group finder and group content problems at the moment.

• 7 months later...
Have been picking up all the Fleet missions, so really need them in GF to have any chance of clearing them on all my 8 mains.

+1 Please add to group finder.

You can ask people on fleet. I, for one, I'm allways happy to do them. SM, or HM.

The problem is that so much people complain about BH and now CoU, that the devs decided it would be too much for the average PUG. I can just imagine the last boss of LI with randoms. LMAO!

• 2 years later...

"I believe I recall that this was actually discussed during one of the dev streams a while ago. The reasoning behind there being no Tactical / Veteran version of these two flashpoints is that the design philosophy behind them was radically different from the other flashpoints"

Really? why those two then have a master version if they are so hard :D

Reason they are different is so stupid, they are not, devs are just lazy to make it veteran as all others:) If its hard to kill bosses? ad more koltos, make changes to his dmg easy, nothing hard. There is no way they are so complicated then all others especially against Nathema conspiracy. Last two boss fights on veteran in this FP? is insanly crazy! required a lot of cooperation and with 4 DPS? oo boy.. and that is just veteran :) master is totally next level ****. So 3 years and they still don´t have time to fix two flashopints and by then allow us to complete achievements..I need a lot ftom those two..

The reasoning behind there being no Tactical / Veteran version of these two flashpoints is that the design philosophy behind them was radically different from the other flashpoints.

Really? why those two then have a master version if they are so hard

Where would you get the idea that "radically different" means "hard"?

I can already imagine

- LR-5 Sentinel Droid with random people through GF

- Sav-Rak with random people through GF (you think Valk's push is annoying?)

They would have to remove so many things from these two flashpoints that it would make them boring to do. Don't expect a random player to do the mechanics right in last boss fight in Lost Island.

I'd say both are easier with randoms than Zenta (ad management) or Atrius (his self-heal).

Kaon is a lot easier than Lost Island, but LI is one of the reasons why I'd rather split the VM queue into basic and advanced (and MM as well), in which case Kaon and LI would both be in the advanced queue.

In VM, the tank is easier to do without than the heal, but did anyone here try LI VM with 3 DPS and a heal?

Kaon is a lot easier than Lost Island, but LI is one of the reasons why I'd rather split the VM queue into basic and advanced (and MM as well), in which case Kaon and LI would both be in the advanced queue.

In VM, the tank is easier to do without than the heal, but did anyone here try LI VM with 3 DPS and a heal?

I"ve duo'd VM LI with a max level shadow (or assassin, can't remember which) infil spec while grouped with a mid-level shadow, and 2 comps on dps. The kolto are all you need for heals, and since the comps are bound to die to mechanics, you front-load the dps and it works. Granted, skipping all the trash made it faster, but it's the still the boss fight mechanics that are a pita. It helps if you have purges, or cleanses, available for the dots the bosses like to put out.

I"ve duo'd VM LI with a max level shadow (or assassin, can't remember which) infil spec while grouped with a mid-level shadow, and 2 comps on dps. The kolto are all you need for heals, and since the comps are bound to die to mechanics, you front-load the dps and it works. Granted, skipping all the trash made it faster, but it's the still the boss fight mechanics that are a pita. It helps if you have purges, or cleanses, available for the dots the bosses like to put out.

I don't see kolto working with Sav-Rak for instance. They are usually placed on the outskirts of the boss arena, how do you do when you need heals while preparing for the knockback? Run for heals and get knocked out of the area? Run to the boss and die because of the lack of heal?

I honestly don't see LI working without the trinity.

I don't see kolto working with Sav-Rak for instance. They are usually placed on the outskirts of the boss arena, how do you do when you need heals while preparing for the knockback? Run for heals and get knocked out of the area? Run to the boss and die because of the lack of heal?

I honestly don't see LI working without the trinity.

I was max level, you just juggle your defenses when you don't want to run for the kolto's. Shadow dps might be squishy in pvp, but for pve the infiltration spec are very sturdy. This was in 5.0, pre force speed nerf, but I've solo'd other things in 6.0 and haven't noticed the shadow being much more squishy without it.

I could try to solo Lost Island, see how it goes. I did Kaon Vet after 6.0 dropped just to enjoy the story, but LI is much harder due to mechanics killing off the companion. The kolto's don't work when you aren't in a group though, so I'll probably use my scoundrel for the off heals.

we actually did LI master without a healer... 1 tank 3dps.... so why should there be a problem with veteran?...

What could possibly go wrong....

Me: "Ok, when you see the red warning message about Sav-Rak smash, move directly underneath the boss"

Red text flashes across screen "Project Sav-Rak prepares to Sav-Rak SMASH!"

Me: "Get under boss now"

Other three players ignore warnings, stand out, Sav-Rak smashes, other three players get tossed off platform into lava.

At least one says "But I was underneath" even though they clearly were not, and another says "lag".

Edited by DawnAskham

Where would you get the idea that "radically different" means "hard"?

Where? there, than if Master mode version of both works well without problems, there can´t be a problem to make a Veteran one :D more less easier! without some mechanics..just adding kolto stations and done. It is still the same FP, nothing totally different from MM. If it was there would not be MM accessible..but it is :)

What a huuuge problem. They are just lazy..nothing else.

Edited by XaronTN