Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans to add a way to re-watch cutscenes completed in the game? Preferably one that goes along with the gear you currently wear and companions, but restricted to companions you shouldnt have at that time? I would absolutely love to rewatch cutscenes in newer armor to give it that "completed" look such as the final story quest in top-tier gear. Or to show my friends who were not with me durring an epic moment to watch my character in action.

I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate a few answers regarding the server transfers, but I'll try to limit myself to just one of the basics. Will you be creating brand new "super servers" with different server names that you will start allowing us to transfer to, or will you be using a select group of current servers (with an increase to the population cap) for these transfers?

Before you release your new designs for any future brand new armor & clothing, can you please, please, please preview the designs to the forum community & allow us to provide input in the form of polls in what we like & do not like about those designs? Or better yet, will BioWare make a formal offer to Darkhorse Star Wars comic books artist Jan Duursema to come on board to work with you as head of the armor & clothing design department in much the same way that DC Universe Online hired on superstar comic book artist Jim Lee as lead artist for their entire MMO project?

When will we be seeing the planetary titles updated and codex bugs fixed?

I'm sure this pales in comparison to some of the "Big" issues on the forums, but I would love to get some of those titles and finally be able to unlock the Sith Acadamy codex entry because I was level 5 when I made it there the first time.

So one thing I really like about the Star Wars universe is the many different and interesting species. Can we expect to see some new species added to the game in the "near" future (in 2012)? In particular Togruta or Nautolan?

Will you be bringing Nightmare Mode EC in patch 1.4, and will Patch 1.4 also include a new Operation? I feel most raiders want to see a new Operation in 1.4, however releasing Nightmare EC with a new Operation will make progression guilds have to decide over NiM EC or HM of the new Ops. So would you instead release Nightmare EC in a non 1.X major patch, and maybe in a 1.3.X patch?

With the the new social gear feature in 1.3 it will be something like this right?

You have 2 items. You choose the apperance of 1, stats of the other, then Kaboom! they are 1 piece of gear with one's stats and one's apperance? Right?

Do you have any updates as to when we will see the current "Normal Mode Only" Flashpoints obtaining a hard mode? There really is no reason to run some of the earlier flashpoints, which imho, are some of the best (ie Athiss, Red Reaper, Mandalorian Raiders)

This would be more centered on companion character interaction after the maximum affection is obtain question.

Is there any plan to make our companions wives interact more with us.. like sending gift and love letter more frequently to share some thoughts, , changing dialogue when we married them... make them actually more bound to us not having the same dialogue since the beginning when you click on them. For my warrior as exemple i've married Jaesa willsam it would be awesome if i click on her instead of saying Master she says my love or husband.. and some dialogue fighting as well would be nice... like "Together we will destroy them" as exemple.

Is there any hope of seeing some additional specs in game? Maybe unlocked through legacy? For example, I love all of the knight specs, but I'm really missing my favorite lightsaber form - Makashi. I'd also like to see Niman and Djem So.

In a previous Q&A you noted that the varied durability for armor types was something that no longer made sense in the final design of the game, which leads me to wonder about what value we get from the armor type system as a whole. The restrictions it places seem very arbitrary. Troopers can dress up like Jedi without penalty, but marauders can't wear robes with breastplates under them. From the point of view of the developer, is there anything the armor type system adds to this game in its current incarnation?

With the newly announce level cap increase what can we expect in the terms of advancement? Also why is there a level increase. What can you tell us because personally it feels cheap, like some one saw that when game X raised the level cap they saw an influx of players. Also what are you doing in preparations for the obvious balance issues since this seems like a last minute idea that you are being forced to pu out muh earlier than intended. Edited by SvnStrSlm

We sorely need new END GAME content. It may well be that I'm on a light server ATM, but fir people who can't find groups for hm FPs or ops and don't care for PvP find themselves basically paying 15/month to sit and derp around their fleet. When you will be bringing new end game content so people who have reached fifty have a reason to keep playing your game? Or just making lfg cross server?

On the topic of server transfers:

I have characters on three different servers and would like to move all of them to the server where I am most active (the fatman). Are there any restrictions on planned for destination servers?

Are the devs concerned at all that the lack of variety and control in character creation could quickly lead to many characters who look the same, losing the uniqueness we all want for our characters and the bond that creates with the game? If so, are they planning on fleshing out the character creation process/choices to better meet current standards (as well as boosting the "droolability" of the game)?

Why has there been (to my knowledge) absolutely no mention of fixing the extremely bugged codex system? Well over 50+ bugs currently known (perhaps many more) and every time a CSR is contacted, we get the "yea they know all about it, be patient and check the forums..."

I'm realistic enough to know that it's low priority, but there are alot of people who are frustrated and would like this fixed. What's worse is the developers have been uncharacteristically mum on this subject which creates the sense among the player base that they could care less. While I accept this is untrue, it would go a long way if you could give us some feedback and/or a timetable. Things that are class only or removed from the beta need to be adjusted and the numbers recalculated so that those of us who are completionists can get to it. As of now, I think there is only ONE planet for one class (Hutta/BH) that can be completed to 100%.

Will there Ever be a reason for the City's? I Think there should be more reasons to hangout in the city's. Its fun hanging out in the space station, but it would be nice to see people more in the city's.

Are there any plans for allowing training in different weapon types?

Considering weapons are really just shell you put your mods into, none are more powerful than the other, the system is skill-based. I would love to see my Powertech wield a Blaster riffle, my Operative a blaster pistol (like in all cinematics) my Vanguard a Techsword, my Mercenary a Techstaff..... you get the point, more versatility!!

What was the design intent of class-restricting certain pieces of (moddable) crafted equipment while granting non-restricted items with the same appearance through other means? For example, if I create a "Sniper's Jacket" I can only equip it on PCs of the appropriate class (Agent and Warrior), while if I manage to get the nearly identical "Black Talon Operative's Jacket" I can equip it on any character that can wear medium armor. As a crafter trying to make moddable gear for companions and alts, it's a bit limiting to have these class restrictions.