Question about PVP on server

theholycarp

Hey guys, I had a question about the 50 PVP here. I played a few months ago on Corellian Run on the Imp side, and I remember that when I queued for PVP, I always ended up playing against the same group again and again. Every time I decided to PVP for a few hours, I would see the exact same pub players pop up, and they would almost always wipe the floor with my pug team. I don't mind losing so much as just seeing the same opponents again and again. WIth the server merges, is this still an issue? Are you guys finding that you often end up facing the same team again and again? Also, does there tend to be more wins/pvpers on the pub side or imp side (or is it more or less balanced)? Based on the other threads, it seems like the pub side doesn't queue for ranked warzones, but can I get some confirmation of this? Does RWZ exist at all?

Think there's a tendency that people who are Qing at te same time often get into the same games. You get out of a game an q up and the people you just fought with/against are probably doing the same. Not a matter of size of the server, just bad timing. As for rated games, I think they still happen, just not too often(same as CR pretty much). As for which side is better... There are some forum posts about that in other threads...

The average skill (not counting the 1 %) is pretty much the same on the both factions but the imps tend to roll better PvP classes. The pubs roll commandos and the imps roll warriors. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how 3 commandos vs 3 maras is going to end. Yes, I blame most of my pub losses on my fellow players choices of classes and that's actually a compliment because it could mean that they're not as crappy as they seem to be.

On the other hand, if you consistently PvP on a merc/commando and you're not one of the 2-3 players (everyone knows who they are) on the server that actually can produce despite everything thay have against them then you're probably not a particulary educated PvP'er. I cry a little every time I enter the 1-49 bracket and see a lvl 11 commando.

^This...and Wook que dodges all ranked teams unless its themselves.

Really? That's disgraceful, still bad as ever. It's really sickening to think that some people think they're the best pvp guild on the server. I think sharktooth needs to start up his pug groups again, I need to feed.

Edited by Crazylor

You have your regulars, your random pugs, your nerdragers, your squishies, your face melters, your whiners, your newcomers, your old timers, even your "look at me look at me" wannabes. It's just a melting pot of PVP excitement!

Queue up and check it out! Unless you're skeered and in that case I can recommend a good cantina to go fill up on a little liquid courage if you need, then you can come meet me for a dance party in mid! See you there!

PS: All are invited!

You have your regulars, your random pugs, your nerdragers, your squishies, your face melters, your whiners, your newcomers, your old timers, even your "look at me look at me" wannabes. It's just a melting pot of PVP excitement!

Yep, I think I've been all of those things at one point or another. :p

Also, I'd like to personally apologize on behalf of all the commandos. :D

Edited by Jherad

Its more fun playing a ranked match where every class can come instead of the usual 3 OP specs in full war hero+ gear and balance the teams when one dominates the other. Shouldnt have rolled on a PvE server.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

My favorite is when all but ONE of them queue dodges.

But seriously. There's plenty of teams. There isn't much ranked going on, but sometimes you'll be surprised if you happen to randomly queue for ranked and find another team doing the same.

Edited by RyanReagan

Its more fun playing a ranked match where every class can come instead of the usual 3 OP specs in full war hero+ gear and balance the teams when one dominates the other. Shouldnt have rolled on a PvE server.

I didnt ask for a reason why or complain about it....just telling the dood how they operate ranked games since he asked about pvp.

TGO have a rated team? You guys are pretty large, you would think you guys could take time away from slaying the dragon. You guys figure out that it does the same thing every time you play it, yet?

That's actually not true with this game, bioware are good at introducing gamebreaking bugs in every update. That said it takes as much effort as being a serious pvper on a pve server.

Edited by bigheadbrandon

More to the OP's point...yes, things are quite different since the Corellian Run days where the pub side was the dominant force in PvP. If you're on the imp side there tend to be far more strong PvP guilds than on the pub side. That said, there are a ton of great players on the pub side it's just that D3, GW2 and that dang Pandi Bear game killed a few strong pub side PvP guilds as well as players from some guilds still in existence.

IMHO, the imp side has more players than pub does. The good news with that is, if you que for PvP there are many good players and premades, BUT...I have seen many more really bad pugs on the imp side than pub. I'm sure it's the double-edge of the larger population light saber effect.