EC Healer Positioning Help ?

Well last night was my first ever run of Explosive conflict and well we got 2 bosses down in 3 hours which is quite bad but some of the problems occurred were unusual such as we were doing Too much DPS and it was causing problems since of Zorns buff that makes him Untauntable but in the end we sorted it fine (Just to clarify my guild has been Denova 16 Man HM 4/4 ) So they knew what to do well another problem was that i was taking too much damage i was 30m away from Toth so didn't suffer fearful, Turns out the problem was that i was in the wrong position which made me feel like Oh sh*t so i moved into position and i never got told to stand there before i had done my research and watch tactic videos never seen a single video saying where the healer sat so is there anymore boss fights where i have to stand in a particular Area so i don't suffer damage thanks ?

Stormcaller and Firebrand was fine when i was running round we got a 1 Shot it Since i am a operative and my class was good for it.

Kind Regards Callum

Im not entirely sure if I understand completely, your post wasnt very well paragraphed.

If I understand correctly tho:

1) You were healing on Toth, and talking about fearful. Toth does not apply fearful. In addition, fearful dont matter squat to you, as you dont do damage to the boss. Fearful only matters to the dps and tanks.

2) Toth does aoe damage in a 25m radius. This means that more often than not, you will get hit with it, but it doesnt matter much. I usually keep my hots up on myself when on toth, and they usually do the trick for keeping me mostly up (might cast a surg. probe or two inbetween to).

3) On vorgath (third boss), you need to position yourself with the ranged dps. Usually what I do. Doesnt matterm uch, because if they dont get hit, you dont get hit. Basically. :p Also, big red cone spawns around you on vorgath, if you get this on you, ****. Move away from everyone else, as it does aoe splash damage on everyone around you.

4) On kephess, be mobile. Again, stick to the ranged dps, and you'll be fine.

Could probably give more advice, but dont have time now. :p

If you could rearrange your post a lil bit, with the questions separated and a bit better paragraphing, I can try and give you more concrete answers rather than the vague shait I'm giving you now :p

Also, there is no mechanic that makes any of the bosses untauntable. If the dps is too fast and tank has to taunt while still having fearful he has to stand still and dont attack. The boss will still stick to him thanks to the threat the other tank built. Once the debuff is gone- resume attacking. Everyone has to be aware of their debuffs.

This may not really help on the first Zorn and Toth as I have always been Zorn, but this is my write up to help new healers to EC. I usually find the instructions to healers somewhat lacking as it is more geared to Tanks and DPS.

http://dukane.enjin.com/forum/m/3065305/viewthread/3785177-sm-explosive-conflict-healer-pov

It is written from a sawbones point of view, but that should work for you.

I would add one thing on Warlord Kephess at the end. Stay out of in front of him no matter how far away. The Tank should turn him, but if not move. I was barely in range (30m) of a new tank in EC that was taking alot of damage. I was out of the AOE circles, I knew I needed to still move, but the Tank really needed a big heal. I chanced it got off the heal, but died. Kephness died a few seconds later with everyone but me alive, but I really hate ending on my back.

Also there is no such thing as too much DPS. :p

Edited by mikebevo

I would add one thing on Warlord Kephess at the end. Stay out of in front of him no matter how far away. The Tank should turn him, but if not move. I was barely in range (30m) of a new tank in EC that was taking alot of damage. I was out of the AOE circles, I knew I needed to still move, but the Tank really needed a big heal. I chanced it got off the heal, but died. Kephness died a few seconds later with everyone but me alive, but I really hate ending on my back.

Also there is no such thing as too much DPS. :p

Yeh, always stay behind him. Like I said, stick with the ranged dps. If you die, they die to, so you can blame them ;D

Also, there can be too much dps. had that on Z&T yesterday, where an invisible jump happened and everyone on zorn got the fearful debuff, without the jump happening :p Got toth down to like 43% in the red circls phase, as soon as it happened everyone got ready for jump, nothing happend, when he was at 39%, everyone on zorn got fearful :p

Yeh, always stay behind him. Like I said, stick with the ranged dps. If you die, they die to, so you can blame them ;D
Well gunslingers range is like 35m, mine is 30m so I was right with the slinger, just a few steps in front. Had I been where the he was then I would have lived, but then again no because I would have been out of range of both Tanks. :p

I was joking about too much dps too. I have seen that happen a couple times. I just have a dps shadow and trust me too much DPS on Ops bosses is never a issue with her. :D

most bosses tend to sprinkle random damage around the raid.. just to make your life diffucult. EC is no exception. the first time i healed it i ran around like a tard trying to find the sweet spot where it doesn't happen but there wasn't one most of the time lol ( i was a last second replacement for someone who bowed out - so i wasn't expecting to raid or watched the vids).

This fight is all about positioning and requires continuous communication between tanks and heal/rDPS operation members. I've healed this several times, usually healing the Toth group. It's one of my favorite fights to heal, outside of J+S NiM.

You may already be doing many of these things, but here are some tips we found extremely useful in our attempts. We've had several runs where DPS and heals took zero damage from the 25 meter AoEs by following these.

Getting Toth and Zorn to approximately the same positions on every tank swap is critical. Identify a spot, agree on it, and stick to it. If you have a melee DPS in the group, he or she may be used as a living marker for the tanking position for Toth. Intercede works wonders here, if you've a Juggernaut tank.

Tanks should keep their body between the Drouk and the healer. This can be accomplished by bringing Toth/Zorn to the spot you want him in--or even a little further away from DPS--and inching back along the wall. If a tank is out of position, healers should speak up. If DPS is took close, healers should speak up.

During the tank swap if the tanks move in two arcs (toward healers), the healers can pick up the tanks faster and get HoTs rolling. This was found to be easy to accomplish and very beneficial.

There are positioning schemes that allow for cross-healing, but we find these reduce the room for error in positioning significantly, with little/no benefit (i.e., both our groups remain more or less topped off throughout the fight). If you're finding that you cannot sustain heals effectively and you have the positioning down (i.e., ranged DPS and healers are not taking AoEs), you might consider these.

As a healer, I keep myself at 28.5-29.9m from my tank at all times. DPS is slightly behind me. I spend most of my time healing melee DPS and my tank.

Not sure if it's helpful, but here's a parse from a recent Toth and Zorn HM run: http://www.torparse.com/a/13967/18

As you can see, ground shatter damage is unavoidable, but I took several hits of Smash. This was due to bad positioning on my or the tank's part. Luckily, the AoE damage here is relatively low.

Thank you for all the replies im really grateful sorry about the paragraphing i was tired since i had just woke up but wanted help before raid time.

Well i was getting hit by a AOE From Zorn just to clarify was a DoT can't remember name again !

As for the help on the bosses much appreciated never telling medics what to do not fair !

I shall tell you how the raid goes since im doing it now as im replying well about to do it if all goes well, Its you lot who will be getting my thanks :D

Kind regards,

I'm guess that DoT is the reason it is so important for the other healer to throw some heals over to that side when they can? The way we position the fight the other healer and the other tank are usually in my range, mDPS is not. So I do heal both of them when my side is fine or when they have spike damage. Like the healer going from 100% health to 31%. That is the DoT right?

The dot is given by one of the bosses (I want to say Zorn) when you get in range of his scream, usually only the tank and possibly the healer will receive this and should be cleansed immediately (has a very bright orange debuff indicator that sticks out in the raid frames).

If this is lingering on healers during the red circles phase, your pushing your luck on survivability. the dot will do around 12k damage total so by cleansing this immediately, your cleanse becomes the equivalent of a 10-12k heal, or you can waste the resources :rolleyes:.

Occasionally situations will arrive where the majority of the raid gets this (someone pulled the boss to close to the range or it spawned while everyone is dodging circles). Be sure to call out for DPS to help cleanse in situations like this since the cooldown will inhibit the cleansing of everyone in the raid.

Edited by Codek

The dot is given by one of the bosses (I want to say Zorn) when you get in range of his scream, usually only the tank and possibly the healer will receive this and should be cleansed immediately (has a very bright orange debuff indicator that sticks out in the raid frames).
That is it, you would think the Sage would cleanse that herself, but then again maybe she cleansed the Tank. No clue why she wouldn't yell over vent for me to cleanse her.

Will get it next time. Thank you for the information.

Edited by mikebevo

Thanks for all the help appreciated, and it was a bug which made Zorn untauntable in EC so that is why we failed but we done it in the end but good news i finished it last night One shot Vargath and then Kephess 1st go we got him to 2% which was good second was sloppy 3rd done it so wasn't a bad nights work

Also, there is no mechanic that makes any of the bosses untauntable.

Zorn is untauntable during his Baradium Toss phase.

Thanks for all the help appreciated, and it was a bug which made Zorn untauntable in EC so that is why we failed

Zorn is untauntable during his Baradium Toss phase. I'm assuming that is what you are referring to but that is not a bug, it is by design. He stands still and throws rocks at people within 25 metres until that phase ends with Toth's leap.