Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Are companions on strike???


DarthNillard's Avatar


DarthNillard
01.20.2019 , 07:49 PM | #1
They just stand there now and won't attack.....

And no its not on passive.

juliushorst's Avatar


juliushorst
01.20.2019 , 08:16 PM | #2
Don't know what you did to your companions but mine are acting as always Healing, damaging, standing in stupid...
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

ForfiniteStories's Avatar


ForfiniteStories
01.20.2019 , 08:35 PM | #3
It's a known issue. If your companion is too far from you when you initiate combat, then they became stagnant.

DarthNillard's Avatar


DarthNillard
01.20.2019 , 08:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ForfiniteStories View Post
It's a known issue. If your companion is too far from you when you initiate combat, then they became stagnant.
I'm hitting the hotkey for attack to have HK initiate the fights and its putting me into combat, but he just stands there and doens't even shoot.

Shirvington's Avatar


Shirvington
01.20.2019 , 10:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNillard View Post
I'm hitting the hotkey for attack to have HK initiate the fights and its putting me into combat, but he just stands there and doens't even shoot.
Ranged comps aren't moving in combat. So if they are too far away from either you or the enemy, they will simply stand there and do nothing.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
01.20.2019 , 10:46 PM | #6
And melee ones won't run with you sometimes and stand there staring into space instead of attacking or healing, but the problem does seem to be worse with ranged companions.

It's been noted in several threads now and still hasn't been addressed.

RickShan's Avatar


RickShan
01.21.2019 , 01:29 PM | #7
Melee companions are fine to me, but ranged companions don't move to the target to attack if they are not in range, they just stand far away and don't move.
Free stuff, 7 days free, and more!

http://www.swtor.com/r/yTvq3K

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
01.21.2019 , 03:12 PM | #8
They have to have a union to go on strike.

DarthNillard's Avatar


DarthNillard
01.21.2019 , 09:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
They have to have a union to go on strike.
Weird Flex but okay

Darevsool's Avatar


Darevsool
01.21.2019 , 09:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RickShan View Post
Melee companions are fine to me, but ranged companions don't move to the target to attack if they are not in range, they just stand far away and don't move.
You're probably near, or beyond, your (or the companion's) equipped weapon range. Move close before attacking and it should work better.

I know it's not SUPPOSED to work that way, but that's the work around I found since it's been broken.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?