Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The 5.10 Gear Changes Don't Work. Devs, Don't Be Stubborn.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The 5.10 Gear Changes Don't Work. Devs, Don't Be Stubborn.

Celise's Avatar


Celise
01.17.2019 , 03:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Most of the time I am supportive of Bioware and try to spread positivity about the game and its direction. But not today and not now. Even though I personally am not that bothered by the gear grind, I am in a minority in regards to that as the majority of the players is highly unsatisfied with the 5.10 gearing changes.

Therefore, I am appealing to the devs directly through this thread: don't be stubborn. Let your initial idea for the 5.10 gear changes go, there is no merit in buckling down in your belief that you are correct or that this is what the playerbase needs. Because it isn't, this isn't what the players want or need.

Don't presume to speak for the players, listen to them instead. Jedi Under Siege could have been a great update if it hadn't been for the gear grind you have introduced (yes I know, the bugs ruined a lot as well). You have made changes that will work detrimentally to the playerbase and therefore I beg you: put your own wants aside and please listen to the playerbase. Put aside what you want to see implemented into the game and listen to what the players are telling you they'd like to see in regards to gearing.

Please, don't be stubborn.
I'd rather they do away with GC while they are at it, return us to pre-5.0 and give f2p'ers more ability to play the game again. But the facts are that we are just customers, we have no right to demand anything and Bioware are under no obligation to listen to these demands. The trouble is that nothing will change for a while with Anthem so close to launch and every dev piling into the effort.

Noerra's Avatar


Noerra
01.17.2019 , 03:44 AM | #22
My suggestion for aquiring the gear would be to reset galactic command (or start a new "tree" on it) when starting Ossus (or latest at 6.0). It would start from level 1 again and give first the blues, non set purples, oranges and slowly also set items starting from lowest tier of the season naturally. Add in some new profession recipes (not just gear but also dyes etc.), pets, mounts and such things and we would again have community spread around doing all kind of things. Then Ossus wouldnt be so heavily lagged and also variety would make it feel fresh bit longer.

Also keep the existing ways to go trough MDC route, OPS rewards etc. so people who do harder stuff will benefit from it.

Benefits from grinding to lvl 300 on "last season GC tree" would ofc carry on to new system so people who grinded it full would be still getting CXP buffs and such they gained from it.

Ghostius's Avatar


Ghostius
01.17.2019 , 11:09 AM | #23
How do you know what playerbase wants?
You think playerbase is one hive-mind with same thoughts? Borg or smth?
Does that linked thread show what playerbase wants? Those 15-16 posters said smth and that is suddenly whole playerbase oppinion?
Well, Im happy with 5.10, with gear gring and RNG, bugs aside. Typical mmorpg... or Im not part of playerbase, so my oppinion is invalid just it is different?

xordevoreaux's Avatar


xordevoreaux
01.17.2019 , 01:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by RobertFKennedyUS View Post
Personally I like the new gear in that it makes clearing old Nightmare operations content easier to clear.
It's just a matter of time before that advantage is nullified.
EA simply hasn't gotten around to tuning the gear requirements necessary for operations.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

RobertFKennedyUS's Avatar


RobertFKennedyUS
01.17.2019 , 10:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
It's just a matter of time before that advantage is nullified.
EA simply hasn't gotten around to tuning the gear requirements necessary for operations.
I'll bet you 50 million credits they don't. The blowback would be catastrophic and there's no reason to do it. They "tuned" the dps and heals for operations many times in 5.0.
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

Alanbra's Avatar


Alanbra
01.18.2019 , 02:36 AM | #26
You mean the way classes were slightly nerfed right when the new augments came out? And oddly the slight improvement new augments gave put people back to where they were before the nerf. And when enough people are in 252/258 gear, Bioware will suddenly discover that classes are slightly overperforming over their projected metrics, classes will be nerfed again, and everything somehow end up exactly the same.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
01.18.2019 , 02:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Alanbra View Post
You mean the way classes were slightly nerfed right when the new augments came out? And oddly the slight improvement new augments gave put people back to where they were before the nerf. And when enough people are in 252/258 gear, Bioware will suddenly discover that classes are slightly overperforming over their projected metrics, classes will be nerfed again, and everything somehow end up exactly the same.
I sincerely hope there will be no new class nerfs in light of the 252 and 258 gear. There is just so much negativity and criticism already that I wouldn't want to imagine what would happen if Bioware would announce they were going to do class nerfs.

Because not everyone is going to have that 252 ot 258 gear. Potential class nerfs would impact them as well.
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
01.18.2019 , 04:28 AM | #28
I pointed out the power creep issue before this expansion was an actual thing, where are the "but NiM gods must require new gear!!" Crowd?

I pointed out the super grindfest not being fun for most people, just to get told grindfests were the only reason people stayed playing in content droughts.

I pointed out the stupidity in scrapping a system that took 2 years to get to work properly for an untested super grindfest that is designed to keep people playing that would in fact chase people off.

This is all exactly how i said it would be before it ever went live, and everyone was saying i was exaggerating or making much ado about nothing. Seriously, where was this uproar before it went live? Theres no chance of massive changes in the near future. Consider how long it took them to get GC to a tolerable level. Musco et al listen to only one thing - your money.

RobertFKennedyUS's Avatar


RobertFKennedyUS
01.18.2019 , 05:43 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Alanbra View Post
You mean the way classes were slightly nerfed right when the new augments came out? And oddly the slight improvement new augments gave put people back to where they were before the nerf. And when enough people are in 252/258 gear, Bioware will suddenly discover that classes are slightly overperforming over their projected metrics, classes will be nerfed again, and everything somehow end up exactly the same.
Based on your assumption (which I've already pointed out is flawed) that overperforming isn't the projected metric. Also what's your saying is overly-simplistic. It omits (1) how grindy the new gear is and thus a lot harder to do than getting to 248, and (2) that we're deeper into 5.0 and more nerfing is more unpopular and has less benefits from their point of view and (3) the reasons for the nerfs.
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
01.18.2019 , 05:50 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by RobertFKennedyUS View Post
It omits (1) how grindy the new gear is and thus a lot harder to do than getting to 248.
Oh, so now suddenly there is a bigger grind than with previous content. But when I said it, you called it a delusion. But when you say it, it's fine. And you called me a hypocrite
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.