Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA Might Lose Their Star Wars License?! What Does That Mean For SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
EA Might Lose Their Star Wars License?! What Does That Mean For SWTOR?

devilkat
01.20.2019 , 09:38 PM | #121
Competition for a product forces companies to make the product better. Giving exclusive licenses to anyone is a bad idea from a quality point of view.
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

Yeldah_
01.20.2019 , 11:46 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
And if that means shutting this game down as soon as they do? Are you cool with that?
They already pissed on our SWTOR experience with their server relocation. So I would not care nearly as much.
My silence is not weakness; it is simply the beginning of my revenge.

RafaelPeretz
01.21.2019 , 04:08 AM | #123
Fake news.
7 Days for FREE to returning players: http://www.swtor.com/r/gTWgcW
Giving a break from the game...

TUXs
01.21.2019 , 09:06 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I thought it relevant to point out this post was 11 months ago and nothing has changed since then and the same mistakes are still happening.
It's the month of New Years Trixxie...the Devs are spending time with family and friends
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

aeterno
01.21.2019 , 10:44 AM | #125
Honestly it's probably EA that would like out more...

Disney is pocketing/pocketed whatever EA is paying/paid them to hold exclusive license - which is probably far from chump change... and Mickey inc. isn't really a gamer, so I doubt they care much beyond that... they washed their hands of it a long time ago, small potatoes for them.

Everything EA makes under the IP turns to poodoo so they probably aren't due that many milestone payments... and that is probably a tactic to minimize their losses and run the contract down at this stage - ergo cancelling everything and reportedly refusing BW permission to do another KOTOR (if you believe the reports).

After the exclusive licence runs out you'd think TOR would be safe under a new agreement until some other studio/publisher decided to make a new SW mmo, at which point it'll go the way of SWG... Well as safe as you can get being part of the trigger happy EA. They might decide this game is not profitable enough tomorrow lol.

jimmorrisson
01.23.2019 , 01:21 AM | #126
Just because EA has the Star Wars license till 2023 doesn't mean the game will maintained for that long. Many licensees stop production of Star Wars branded products because how expensive the Star Wars now Disney Star Wars brand is.