Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

INSANE prices on GTN

Tharandil
09.24.2017 , 08:37 AM | #1
With the general population dropping I've seen insane price differences among the servers.
It seems the least populated servers are the victims of the most outrageous prices on the gtn.
Several direct sales on the CM have had some effect but so far I haven't seen prices drop dramatically.

For example: Senya's pike (platinum) goes for around 138mil on the GTN. People seem to be greedy.

Has anyone ever bought an item that was clearly overpriced?
So far I've only bought Shae Vizla's armor for around 48mil and thought that was already steep for a cosmetic armor.

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

Ylliarus
09.24.2017 , 08:38 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharandil View Post
With the general population dropping I've seen insane price differences among the servers.
It seems the least populated servers are the victims of the most outrageous prices on the gtn.
Several direct sales on the CM have had some effect but so far I haven't seen prices drop dramatically.

For example: Senya's pike (platinum) goes for around 138mil on the GTN. People seem to be greedy.

Has anyone ever bought an item that was clearly overpriced?
So far I've only bought Shae Vizla's armor for around 48mil and thought that was already steep for a cosmetic armor.
Pfft, I have sold many items for exactly those extravagant and way too overpriced prices. But can you blame me? I need the credits to buy the other overpriced stuff, so it's a circle that goes round, and round, and round, and round and round
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

CrazyCT
09.24.2017 , 08:44 AM | #3
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

RevorteX
09.24.2017 , 08:47 AM | #4
Nobody can control the prices on the GTN - it's a free world/economy. Prices depend on the market. I have bought some overpriced items before as well and to be honest I cant blame the people. They do as they please and frankly it's like in real life. When you go and buy an expensive thing in real life,even when you think it is expensive but you still want it,what do you say - I want it,I need it,thus I must have it! And vise versa - the sellers say about the money - I want it ,I need it,thus I will sell this at that price.

orangenee
09.24.2017 , 09:16 AM | #5
There's already a topic devoted to this but it's more a sellers market currently.

I've made about 6 million from bounty contracts alone this week.

I'm sitting on a Tythian Lightsaber which dropped from a pack and that has gone from around 35 million to 100+ in a matter of days.

There are people with billions of credits who that's pocket change to. It's a free market economy, you can charge what you like and people can pay what they like,
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

DeVanagloris
09.24.2017 , 09:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RevorteX View Post
Nobody can control the prices on the GTN - it's a free world/economy. Prices depend on the market. I have bought some overpriced items before as well and to be honest I cant blame the people. They do as they please and frankly it's like in real life. When you go and buy an expensive thing in real life,even when you think it is expensive but you still want it,what do you say - I want it,I need it,thus I must have it! And vise versa - the sellers say about the money - I want it ,I need it,thus I will sell this at that price.
BW can, and should, keep an eye on the GTN prices if not directly control them.

Direct sales and pack drop rates are the main problem. The game is suffering from uncontrolled inflation, and that is something capitalism and real countries always try to control thru different laws and measures, and same should be done in the game.

Let's talk for example, an Overlord's Command Throne (mount). In 2015, when i aquired mine, they were going for 10 mills IIRC. Right now, on TRE they are going for 70-80+ mills, an inflation rate of 800% in 2 years. This is the result of an uncontrolled economy with insignificant drop rates for gold and platinum items, and with not enough direct sales in both amount of items and frequency of the sales.

The result is the ridiculous prices we see right now. They can, and they should be controlled imo, otherwise the market is controlled by the select few who are lucky enough to get the items.

Anyone can charge what they want, and the seller is free to buy or not. But price competition is part of the free market when a good is available, and both proper direct sales and availability of the items would keep other sellers in check.
This is my referral link here:
Referral link
You can get all sort of FREE STUFF!! and GOODIES!! by clicking it, no matter you are new or returning player. You also get 7 DAYS of FREE SUBSCRIPTION!!

orangenee
09.24.2017 , 09:28 AM | #7
The main problem is a lack of credit sinks.

Right now the only thing you HAVE to pay for is repair bills and not much else aside from travel costs.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

annabethchase
09.24.2017 , 10:20 AM | #8
Why wouldn't Senya's pike cost that much? It's a desired item with a ultra rare supply.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

annabethchase
09.24.2017 , 10:22 AM | #9
For the people saying they want more direct sale items from Bioware, sure that helps. But I for one would rather pay 100 million in game currency for something than real life $50. I just can't justify one prestige item costing anywhere near what the game cost in total.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Tharandil
09.24.2017 , 10:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Why wouldn't Senya's pike cost that much? It's a desired item with a ultra rare supply.
I don't mind people trying to sell it for a lot of credits, but are people actually buying it?
Usually when there is more competition between sellers prices will drop (capitalism). But with the low population (for both supply and demand) on several servers, prices will go through the roof.
This is also part of the reason there are credit spammers who will try to sell credits for real life money...

I'm not against charging a lot of credits for desired items, but asking unrealistic prices and having to wait for several months to finally make a sale does sound crazy to me.

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg