Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

INSANE prices on GTN

SteveTheCynic
10.02.2017 , 07:32 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
There is another side to this though. Sure, you can sell items for much less, but think about why you are selling it. The main reason to have money in this game, is to buy stuff from the GTN. I mean you could go nuts on your personal guild with flagship a bit but beyond that you don't need that much in credits to play this game.
No, my comment about being able to list for 20% was directed at the absurdity of saying that a "market controller" *forces* me to sell at a high price. Nothing can force me to do that. If I want to list Senya's Lightsaber for one credit, I will. (OK, no, I wouldn't, but that's not the point here. I *can* and the market controller cannot stop me doing it.)

What the market controller does is force people who want the item to *buy* at a high price or do without. Or take their chances on real CM packs, or get out there and gather their own crafting materials, or whatever.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

jedi_brandier
01.20.2019 , 10:49 AM | #42
My issue is this: I don't have time to play enough to build up 50mil. I truly despise Ops, Wz, Fp, etc and i have one sub account and one free account. The F2P players CAN'T buy off GTN at those prices because of Credit Limit

Zerileth
01.20.2019 , 10:57 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by jedi_brandier View Post
My issue is this: I don't have time to play enough to build up 50mil. I truly despise Ops, Wz, Fp, etc and i have one sub account and one free account. The F2P players CAN'T buy off GTN at those prices because of Credit Limit
Oh boy, hope you got your armor on. Fanbois and necro police incoming. But then again, these forums are rather dead, so maybe not.
. <--------just this little red dot

juliushorst
01.20.2019 , 11:11 AM | #44
You can always buy on sub account and mail to the free one.
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

Lhancelot
01.20.2019 , 11:23 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
Oh boy, hope you got your armor on. Fanbois and necro police incoming. But then again, these forums are rather dead, so maybe not.
Nah, they find the time to mod necros. I know, surprising.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Sonicphoto
01.20.2019 , 12:05 PM | #46
I think its all timing really, I seen stuff go for mils, then suddenly the next day that same set or weapon is going for 200 k and I go wuut. So I tend to also hold out on things im selling. Crafting materials also constantly in flux, some days I can make 500k out of dark matter, other days a mere 100k. That’s why for armors is always good to keep checking. They will always be someone desperate to get some small mils out of it (sometimes thats me lol).

TrixxieTriss
01.20.2019 , 05:42 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Nah, they find the time to mod necros. I know, surprising.
nothing else to do when nobody posts.

SteveTheCynic
01.21.2019 , 07:01 AM | #48
For sure the F2P players (including Preferred) can't buy fancy armour and weapons on the GTN, but so what? None of that stuff is needed to play the game. It's *all* just cosmetic frippery.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Cerixy
01.21.2019 , 07:48 AM | #49
The only thing that keeps prices up is the willingness of people to pay those prices, so that being said, nothing is over priced if people buy those items. If no one buys them the prices drop until someone does or the seller will endlessly repost the item while never selling it.

MorseGod
01.21.2019 , 01:35 PM | #50
Every time I see a thread like this, I feel the need to recommend Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy by Thomas Sowell.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.