Flashpoint Finder

I'm on a RP Server, Shien, on Shien I just say "LFG(Let's say Mael) Maelstrom Prison." I am immediately pleasantly greeted with a "I'll join up!" And "How do you do, good sire? I am Lee Oglethorpe, Gentleman of War. I will DPS." Healers take a while to find and occasionally tanks take a while, but aside of that, no problems. If you've played WoW, you'd know it destroyed WoW's community. You just click, wait, get into a group of people you don't know that you are free to troll/ninja from with no repercussions, by all means, Bioware, make a FP finder! /sarcasm

If you've played WoW, you'd know it destroyed WoW's community. You just click, wait, get into a group of people you don't know that you are free to troll/ninja from with no repercussions, by all means, Bioware, make a FP finder! /sarcasm

If you've played any MMO in existence, you'd know people destroy communities. You just type "LFG DPS", wait, get into a group of people you don't know that you are free to troll/ninja from with no repercussions.

Is it just me or is it hard to get a group together for flashpoints, that's why i think we need a flashpoint finder and it definitely needs to be cross server, its just so hard finding tanks and healers sometimes anyone with me :confused:

I've made several staunch defenses against what your asking about.

I tire of scolding you LFG Finding folks so I'll try to be more succinct.

No.

any1 who doesnt want a lfg system is out of their mind, people saying how it ruined wows community, it didnt do anything like that, and wow made it impossible to ninja pretty much. All it would do is make the game a lot less time consuming and more enjoyable, yes sometimes u have to deal with idiots in the group but u can always just kick them. Id rather be in a fp with an idiot then not in 1 altogether.

I really don't understand people who say that a finder would destroy the community. That's rubbish.

People who actually care about community usually are in a guild and therefore have a large group of people to play with. And those who keep saying to just type LFG/LFM into the general chat are either really lucky or don't do it much. Or they're healers/tanks. Because I'm DPS and it takes over 30 minutes that way.

Plus, ninja looting could be solved by simply not allowing you to 'need' on something that your class cannot use. For example, Sorcerers can't 'need' on medium/heavy armour or double-bladed lightsabers or guns.

This might anger some people, but you could even show an 'options' box before you add yourself to a queue where you can decide which rules you'd like to play with and then it'd group you with others who want the same.

There's really no excuse and not having a finder is really a step backwards in my opinion.

I really don't understand people who say that a finder would destroy the community. That's rubbish.

People who actually care about community usually are in a guild and therefore have a large group of people to play with. And those who keep saying to just type LFG/LFM into the general chat are either really lucky or don't do it much. Or they're healers/tanks. Because I'm DPS and it takes over 30 minutes that way.

Plus, ninja looting could be solved by simply not allowing you to 'need' on something that your class cannot use. For example, Sorcerers can't 'need' on medium/heavy armour or double-bladed lightsabers or guns.

This might anger some people, but you could even show an 'options' box before you add yourself to a queue where you can decide which rules you'd like to play with and then it'd group you with others who want the same.

There's really no excuse and not having a finder is really a step backwards in my opinion.

I'll only be gentle because you said "in my opinion".

Your making blanket statements - and most of your frustrations quite obviously have to do with coming from ezmoad WoW - and not finding the same features here. You chaps could have all read before purchasing that this wasn't included, moreover - you could have read that BioWare doesn't like the idea of LFG finders ATM.

No, instead you keep pushing your points, blatantly ignoring that you can't make friends, build a group by yourself of your own volition, add that good healer to friends list and schedule a FP run. No, you want instant gratification with little effort.

If they acquiesce to you wobbly masses about the tool, the very next subject will be the difficulty of the HM's - basically because you chose to eschew the social aspects of "vetting" for again, instant gratification.

Please learn how to "communicate" with others on a MMORPG, or wait until the game world is fractured and elongated enough for reasonable people to actually agree with you.

Your making blanket statements - and most of your frustrations quite obviously have to do with coming from ezmoad WoW - and not finding the same features here. You chaps could have all read before purchasing that this wasn't included, moreover - you could have read that BioWare doesn't like the idea of LFG finders ATM.

No, instead you keep pushing your points, blatantly ignoring that you can't make friends, build a group by yourself of your own volition, add that good healer to friends list and schedule a FP run. No, you want instant gratification with little effort.

If they acquiesce to you wobbly masses about the tool, the very next subject will be the difficulty of the HM's - basically because you chose to eschew the social aspects of "vetting" for again, instant gratification.

Please learn how to "communicate" with others on a MMORPG, or wait until the game world is fractured and elongated enough for reasonable people to actually agree with you.

First off, I never played WoW so I'm not sure how that's "quite obvious" to you, but I know it had the dungeon finder which was implemented after launch and I've seen it used while at friends' houses and stuff. Why take that step backwards and remove a tool that was so helpful? How would XBOX gamers feel if the 'Find Game' option on COD or Battlefield went back to the old school days of having to find people to play with yourself? Or scrolling through a huge list to find a game with an open slot? It's a step backwards.

Second, I can make friends. There's 18 people on my friends list whom I've added when grouping up to do heroics, and I'm in a guild with 280 members with around 60-70 online in peak hours. And yet, when I post that ever magical "LFG" comment into guild chat or to my friends, they're often busy questing. Or quite often I get two who say yes and then we can't find that illusive tank/healer and we all just forget it. Plus, I'm from England so naturally play on a UK server. After around 11pm during the week the game is dead. So am I supposed to just stand around doing nothing in the fleet if I want to play after 11?

Also, I find it a little silly when people keep saying that we expect to find a group with little effort. Of course we do. Since when did a computer game have to require effort? It's a game. Of course if I want the high level gear and everything then that requires effort. But suggesting that a game should require hard work and effort to find 3 other players to play with is ridiculous.

I understand that not everybody wants such a system, but there are too many fanboys who are so dead set on this game being as different from WoW as possible that they just won't accept that some tool is needed - whether it's an automatic finder or something else.

On top of that, if such a tool was implemented, it could always be made only available to certain servers so that people who wish to look for groups the current way can still do so. There are ways around the issues and suggesting otherwise is just plain ignorance.

Edited by iRob

I am completely agree with the above statement i pay £8.99 to play a game and enjoy the experience of smooth game play not to stand around asking in chat for a healer or tank for an hour this Flashpoint Finder will make it easier to enjoy the game more keep this thread going :)

As a long term player of MMOs and a player of wow since it's release i confirm that the dungeon finder (and now raid finder) have killed the community by making everything doable with anonymous people you will probably never see again. Yes, games are played by people and communities are made of people, but when such a shortcut is presented in the system it removes the whole "Hey" "Hi" "Interested in tanking xxx" "I will add you to my friends so we can do some more later maybe :)" thing. Have you ever friended someone on RealID that you had a nice time within a LFR/DF group?

It cheapens the game a lot, and removes the social aspect of it.

I'd only want to because of the teleporting to the front door and back to where i was. No different then the Warzone tool. I bet many people would stop questing if they knew they could be ported there and back.

my problem is wanting to leave where/what i'm doing then having to return.

I'm on a low pop server and it would be very nice to get in a FP que with the other servers that are higher pop.

most of the people saying that a lfg tool isnt needed are probably people who are on high pop servers, my server has like 30 lvl 50s and is impossible to get pug going and even with a guild it is hard to get fp groups. So why do people on low pop servers have to be punished for that, just put in a lfg tool so i actully have something to do other then the dam dailies.

Is it just me or is it hard to get a group together for flashpoints, that's why i think we need a flashpoint finder

Sure, I can see the use here.

and it definitely needs to be cross server,

ABSOLUTELY 100000000000% NO. Cross Server kills any semblance of community policing and just causes players to degenerate into terrible people.

Edited by ninjasqurl

I skimmed the articles and didn't see anyone bring it up but, sometime during prelaunch I do recall watching an interview with one of the developers who said they did plan on implementing group finder in the future. They did not include it for launch for the reason they wanted people to see the world they made by questing not running stuff over and over.

^ - This person deserves a medal or something awesome!! OMG THIS!!!

Seriously, I am a tank and you know what fills up MY friends list?? Healers. People I have ran FP on HM with a great many deal of times. You know what happens when I personally log in??? I get 9 or more whispers FROM those healers because they know I am skilled and eager to invite them. DPS can do this also... L2P omg.......... This is NOT WoW and if that's what you want to turn this game into than please, cancel your sub and leave. I'd rather not play WoW with lightsabers.

most of the people saying that a lfg tool isnt needed are probably people who are on high pop servers, my server has like 30 lvl 50s and is impossible to get pug going and even with a guild it is hard to get fp groups. So why do people on low pop servers have to be punished for that, just put in a lfg tool so i actully have something to do other then the dam dailies.

This is fail. I specifically chose a "light" server so that I knew my role as Tank would be desired and I wouldn't need to wait long for a FP. I have a DPS on the SAME server and I have no problems getting into FP HMs. I do them all daily on both characters. I am sorry you can't make friends or that you just fail enough for people on the server to not want you in their FP.....

Go to fleet, advertise role and fp, profit. It's not hard you don't need a fp finder just because you are too lazy to go back to fleet and ask while you can still grind out levels on taris -__-';;;. A fp finder would ruin the community as it has done in COUNTLESS OTHER GAMES, so why go down the same path? Not like having any of that gear matters since you will be running the same FP's in hardmode...

I think this thread is around 50/50 some good views i for one would look forward to FP finder. I just hate standing around having to spam general for 30 - 45 min i would rather be having fun and enjoying the content of the game instead of standing there like a prat for ages. Anyways both sides of the story are interesting but if they did implement it i think there would be many who would benefit from it. For you people who disagree i see your points to but BW has to do something with the lack of groups maybe they will come up with something that everyone can agree on or that's what we hope. Peace Out :cool:

If BW doesn't want LFD tool, then at least give us World Chat, lvl bracket chat, LFG chat or something! I see 10 lvl 50 on Belsavis, 20 - Fleet, 15 Voss, 8 Ilum and so on. And I can't make them see my message, because I'm on Quesh!

And ffs do something to those 9000 LOADING screens/empty useless rooms I have to run through to get to planet surface when I fly to different planets. And why does Fleet Pass have a CD of 18h? Cuz it's zomgimba?

If BW doesn't want LFD tool, then at least give us World Chat, lvl bracket chat, LFG chat or something! I see 10 lvl 50 on Belsavis, 20 - Fleet, 15 Voss, 8 Ilum and so on. And I can't make them see my message, because I'm on Quesh!

And ffs do something to those 9000 LOADING screens/empty useless rooms I have to run through to get to planet surface when I fly to different planets. And why does Fleet Pass have a CD of 18h? Cuz it's zomgimba?

Or you can filter the who all tool with who is lfg? that may be a good start. isay NO to the LFG as much as it is a pain to find groups. make one your self helps big. Ask every 50 you know.

This is fail. I specifically chose a "light" server so that I knew my role as Tank would be desired and I wouldn't need to wait long for a FP. I have a DPS on the SAME server and I have no problems getting into FP HMs. I do them all daily on both characters. I am sorry you can't make friends or that you just fail enough for people on the server to not want you in their FP.....

ya obviously your not on my server, because i have times where im in fleet lfg and im the only lvl 50 in the fleet, so *** does that have to do with me nohing, and this is sometimes at "peak" times