Smash now requires a primary target to activate.

MysticGryph

I know the QQ train has been and gone, I could care less. This is, by far the WORST nerf to happen evar IMO.

Just seems like "buff stealthers and healers, nerf the only thing that can actually combat them"

I am disappoint.

GGBWKTHXBAI

My biggest issue with this is for tanking. When trying to pick up adds I have to start tabbing all over the place and the tabbing system in this game is not smooth at all. So it delays my ability to smash adds then jump back to boss which can harm the group.

My biggest complain with the change is that you cannot use it as an AoE to try to pop stealthers out of stealth. When a stealther pops his combat stealth I'm usually very very quick to hit smash to try to pop him out of stealth and you cannot do that any more. It's a small thing but it can be the difference between killing them and you dying yourself. It's a rather stupid change in my opinion. Why is our 360 degrees AoE ability the only one that requires a target when all other forms of AoE do not? Quite stupid if you ask me.

I know the QQ train has been and gone, I could care less. This is, by far the WORST nerf to happen evar IMO.

Just seems like "buff stealthers and healers, nerf the only thing that can actually combat them"

I am disappoint.

GGBWKTHXBAI

Let's be perfectly honest, how many times have we ever actually revealed someone with smash? I think my first time was yesterday, and I've been playing since beta. Most stealthers are smart enough to roll/run the hell away as they hit their button.

Life goes on without Super Smash.

Edited by Vid-szhite

My biggest issue with this is for tanking. When trying to pick up adds I have to start tabbing all over the place and the tabbing system in this game is not smooth at all. So it delays my ability to smash adds then jump back to boss which can harm the group.

Use sweeping slash it can generate more threat due to the lack of cool down and it doesn't require a target.

Or you can just click the guy standing in front of you while you are sweeping slash then smash

Let's be perfectly honest, how many times have we ever actually revealed someone with smash? I think my first time was yesterday, and I've been playing since beta. Most stealthers are smart enough to roll/run the hell away as they hit their button.

Life goes on without Super Smash.

I've had two mains since beta, a sentinel and a shadow. Going back to early access I can count the times my shadow has been pulled from stealth by smash on one hand and have fingers left over. If you are ever depending on smash to deal with a stealther you are at a disadvantage already.

No the nerfs to Jugg sucks Nerf @&* and the funny thing is i have a Guarding too that isnt no where in the same league as my jugg and kicks *** over the Jugg. i cant hardly do any thing now in pvp i barely got 2 kills from start to finish, havent seen just 2 kills in over a year or more. Last i play the other night b4 2.7 went in i had 9 to 12 kills today just 2 out of 2 pvp matchs i played. I was like screw it i aint going for 3 matches i might not break 1 kill so i left. I also Play a Sage lvl 37 i kick but with him and i say that class is ridiculously over powered, and it seems that cool downs are faster with them over the sith its like sith cool downs are in slow motion. I can play 5 matches with a sith and my win/lose ratio is 1 to 4 on imp side and Repub opposite 4 wins to 1. I guess i will retire the Jugg Class and just go to the light side/Repub which is the favored side by BW in my Opinion. Congrats for screwing up a great class, BW.

I hate this nerf, I really do. My juggernaut is used primarily for PVE tanking. Frantically spamming tab in order to use smash has been an unwelcome and cumbersome change. I'll adjust, I guess, but I do resent this. I love my juggernaut, but I'm getting sick of having to have supersonic key tapping skills in order to keep up with my groups.

I hate this nerf, I really do. My juggernaut is used primarily for PVE tanking. Frantically spamming tab in order to use smash has been an unwelcome and cumbersome change. I'll adjust, I guess, but I do resent this. I love my juggernaut, but I'm getting sick of having to have supersonic key tapping skills in order to keep up with my groups.

Bind a key to "target nearest enemy" in a place you can reach easily. Use that if you need to smash.

And here I thought the QQ was over. Maybe for PvE mobs i can see it as a pain but hello you have Sweeping Slash. And others complaining then cant go 1,2, Smash *splat* anymore need to cut it out. It was a long time coming and Rage monkeys got to enjoy their height much longer than other specs did.

And here I thought the QQ was over. Maybe for PvE mobs i can see it as a pain but hello you have Sweeping Slash. And others complaining then cant go 1,2, Smash *splat* anymore need to cut it out. It was a long time coming and Rage monkeys got to enjoy their height much longer than other specs did.

Indeed. Rage even got buffs and a redesign in that time. It's been a long time coming.

Did you read the Scoundrel patch notes? And to my understanding, Scoundrels (Scrapper particularly) was always a pretty good counter to Sentinels.

No the nerfs to Jugg sucks Nerf @&* and the funny thing is i have a Guarding too that isnt no where in the same league as my jugg and kicks *** over the Jugg. i cant hardly do any thing now in pvp i barely got 2 kills from start to finish, havent seen just 2 kills in over a year or more. Last i play the other night b4 2.7 went in i had 9 to 12 kills today just 2 out of 2 pvp matchs i played. I was like screw it i aint going for 3 matches i might not break 1 kill so i left. I also Play a Sage lvl 37 i kick but with him and i say that class is ridiculously over powered, and it seems that cool downs are faster with them over the sith its like sith cool downs are in slow motion. I can play 5 matches with a sith and my win/lose ratio is 1 to 4 on imp side and Repub opposite 4 wins to 1. I guess i will retire the Jugg Class and just go to the light side/Repub which is the favored side by BW in my Opinion. Congrats for screwing up a great class, BW.

You have a massive issue if you think Juggs are weaker than Guardians. Or that cooldowns differ between republic and imperial.

Really is not the case.

I agree, when I tanked on my Jugg earlier today I noticed this several times. As you say, tabbing doesn't work perfectly and I'd rather keep the most important enemy in my target window to make sure I know when to interrupt (talking about the big droids in Mandalorian Raiders now, as this was the flashpoint in which I tanked). I used to be able to run towards the adds when they appeared and place a Smash and not have to worry about them anymore. Now I have to specifically tab them to use Smash on them.

It's inconvenient and noticeable in my tanking routine.

I agree, when I tanked on my Jugg earlier today I noticed this several times. As you say, tabbing doesn't work perfectly and I'd rather keep the most important enemy in my target window to make sure I know when to interrupt (talking about the big droids in Mandalorian Raiders now, as this was the flashpoint in which I tanked). I used to be able to run towards the adds when they appeared and place a Smash and not have to worry about them anymore. Now I have to specifically tab them to use Smash on them.

It's inconvenient and noticeable in my tanking routine.

You have sweeping slash and an aoe taunt

to Help with target selection you will need to keybind "target nearest". I use scroll up and scroll down for target next. In Pvp I have to always use "target nearest" because with the lag someone can appear to be in front of me, but if they are moving alot they may not be targetable.

Maybe for PvE mobs i can see it as a pain but hello you have Sweeping Slash

I have not entirely been saying "you have other abilities" because I understand the difficulty. With that said, it mean you'll have to use Sweeping Slash with Smash to get what you want out of aggroing mobs

You don't have enough range and rage for those.

Sweeping slash has no cd, same rage cost, no target requirement. it does have 1 less meter range and the target have to be in front of you. Threatening scream has no target requirement and no rage cost.

Sweeping slash has no cd, same rage cost, no target requirement. it does have 1 less meter range and the target have to be in front of you. Threatening scream has no target requirement and no rage cost.

Sweeping Slash doesn't have a armor break nor a acc debuff. Also it can cost less rage or even be free then sweeping slash when you have stacks of revenge (Which a good tank would almost always have). Yes we have other abilities but smash is one of our two AOEs. Juggs are already the lowest tank for agro generation out of the three and hamstringing us any further is really unnecessary .

Sweeping Slash doesn't have a armor break nor a acc debuff. Also it can cost less rage or even be free then sweeping slash when you have stacks of revenge (Which a good tank would almost always have). Yes we have other abilities but smash is one of our two AOEs. Juggs are already the lowest tank for agro generation out of the three and hamstringing us any further is really unnecessary .

If you are unable to click a target standing right next to you in 2 GCD's one being a guaranteed aoe taunt this change isn't the reason you are having threat issues.

If you are unable to click a target standing right next to you in 2 GCD's one being a guaranteed aoe taunt this change isn't the reason you are having threat issues.

Threatening scream could be on cooldown. They could be out of range of sweeping slash. You could have the wrong enemy targeted and be unable to use smash without realizing it. All things that've happened to me, and still occasionally do. Your scenario sounds like an ideal, static situation where you'd have the time to pick a target and use your abilities to their full affect, instead of the typical chaotic melee that makes this game fun.

Having to tab, or click, or bind a target nearest enemy key, still means having to waste a moment pressing an ancillary button before using my hardest hitting A.O.E. If smash had the range of wither, it wouldn't be an issue, but unfortunately, five meters doesn't leave us with a lot of wiggle room.

"Find a way to use sweeping slash more!"

That's the solution? Well,why don't Darkness assassins just use lacerate more often? Why don't powertechs build their aoe rotations around explosive dart? Oh, because those moves are weaksauce, and they have much better, harder hitting options? Good to know. Must be nice.

Edited by sanctified