Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage or Shadow for Solo Leveling?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sage or Shadow for Solo Leveling?

chico_o
02.01.2012 , 12:45 PM | #21
Hey folks-
For those playing both Sage and Shadow, how exactly did you spec? VERY new to the game, and I'm trying to decide which is best for me.

Since its a little different then the other MMO's out there, which is what drew me to it in the first place.

Just getting an idea to what i could look forward too in the future.

Thanks in advance

Onager
02.01.2012 , 02:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by chico_o View Post
Hey folks-
For those playing both Sage and Shadow, how exactly did you spec? VERY new to the game, and I'm trying to decide which is best for me.

Since its a little different then the other MMO's out there, which is what drew me to it in the first place.

Just getting an idea to what i could look forward too in the future.

Thanks in advance
As my sorcerer, I grabbed 5 points in the Lightning tree (Telekinetic) and then went Madness (Balance). As my Sage I went Seer/Telekinetic hybrid to 50 and then respecced to 31/7/3 (pure healing).

Both were very capable, I feel the madness/balance build was better at numerous trash mobs and the healer was better at strongs and elites.

Both could solo H2s on level, but the hybrid healer spec had a much easier time of it, and especially at 50 when I was specced full heals and had geared my pets.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Drakenninja
08.13.2014 , 01:51 PM | #23
I soloed some heroics with sage too, seems like it depends a lot on the player's abilities, and playstyle. I sure had trouble on beating heroics with sage, coz i dont have stealth i had to fight for it, but we can send companion in, deal dps and then heal the comp until he's fine, and then keep atacking untill comp's close to death, heal him again... You got what i'm saying, if you want shadow, there is a chance the enemies detect u if u pass close to them. Sage is guaranteed on long combats.

Maddrox_G
08.14.2014 , 04:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakenninja View Post
I soloed some heroics with sage too, seems like it depends a lot on the player's abilities, and playstyle. I sure had trouble on beating heroics with sage, coz i dont have stealth i had to fight for it, but we can send companion in, deal dps and then heal the comp until he's fine, and then keep atacking untill comp's close to death, heal him again... You got what i'm saying, if you want shadow, there is a chance the enemies detect u if u pass close to them. Sage is guaranteed on long combats.

Um.. i'm pretty sure this guy isn't still sitting around trying to figure out what class to play ( 02.01.2012 , 02:01 PM | #22 )

I think your flux capacitor is damaged.