Telekinetics pvp

GhostHei

Just started a sage because I like the animations from the telekinetics tree.

However, as an avid pvper, I'm starting to have serious concerns for the viability of this tree's performance in pvp.

I played a few matches and while I wasn't entirely horrible, I found that the moment I switched to balance, the extra mobility and the ability to effectively LOS and kite people pushed me to top dps in pretty much every single match I've played and I'm putting out pretty much double the dps I was as telekinectics.

I'm just wondering if anybody has actually managed to make telekinetics work in the 50s bracket? does the nuking power of turbulance make up somewhat for the stationary target drawback?

TK isnt a very strong spec. The best DPS spec I found is the hybrid TK Balance. I am only BM geared and am normally top dps in most warzones. The only dps above me would be Powertechs that are full WH geared as they are WAY OP. I do 0/13/28 and your rotation matters A LOT. Basically never use project or disturbance and your dps will be very nice.

I was just about to start a thread on this matter, so I'll use yours if it's okay.

I KNOW TK isn't the best PvP tree, but I'm going to use it anyway. Sage is one of my lesser alts anyway, so it's just for pugging anyway. Now, I was going for this build, http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hZcsrrdRrutzZ0M.2

But I now realize that Empowered Throw and Critical Kinesis from the Balance tree are actually quite viable dps skills for TK as well. So, my question is, what to drop?

I'm thinking http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hZcsr0dRrhtzZcM0M.2

but I'm not sure. The increased lockout isn't bad at all and the improved Shield isn't either. Perhaps drop the + Weaken Mind duration? But I find that I get a lot out of that skill as I spread that dot early in the fight (to guarantee PP procs) and this skill saves me a LOT of recasting.

What are the least valuable skills from TK for PvP purposes?

For a pvp only spec, you should definitly not use the first spec. Try the 2nd one with some changes: Change Inner Strength for Mental Longevity, and put the free point in tremors. The loss of Telecinetic Defense is actually more neglectable than you would assume at first, so that's ok. It's the same for Blockout, since there are not that many abilities that you can effecticly interrupt while utilizing the longer lockout ( Significantly less Gravround spammers than pre-1.2 ;) )

You defeinitly shouldn't drop the longer WM uptime, since you need it on multiple targets for Turbulence switch and PP proc. For the 10 points left over, it is kind of depending on your playstyle and preferences if you want to put them in the balance tree, or go for faster off-heals and higher aoe damage (note this affects Tele Wave too). I personally prefer 7/31/3 or 7/32/2, since your force management will be good enough to off-heal other players way more often than in balance.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. On a side note, having played Tele for a long time, I would suggest trying Balance for pvp, it's way more reliable, with all those sents/guardians gone crazy in wzs:rolleyes:.

• 2 weeks later...
If your Gonna do PVP do not go SAGE. Bioware will not give the sage any damage burst. When you get to 50 you'll be mad at spending all the time developing a player, to get killed in 3-4 hits, even with your shield. your crowd controls are useless, you can't kite, you basically stuck to heal post 50. Even then you have a large taget on yout back and basically no damage ability. When a juggernaught or marauder can hit you for 6-7k and a single hit. Forget it.

I am currently using this spec disturbance needs to crit inorder to make it hurt at all for melee I normally start with tk throw and our slow ability weaken mind then it's freestyle from there. I have been able to kill and class spec but its very very hard and u must control the fight. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600ZbsbMdRrutzZf0cM.2 Edited by warstory

Because of our cast times on most of our dmg abilities every fight is a long tactical one. Vengeance and assassin tanks are extremely hard to defeat. The first one you can not stop their opening with our bubble and the other has counters for all our abilities. They seriously need to up our dmg per cast Edited by warstory

Because of our cast times on most of our dmg abilities every fight is a long tactical one. Vengeance and assassin tanks are extremely hard to defeat. The first one you can not stop their opening with our bubble and the other has counters for all our abilities. They seriously need to up our dmg per cast

No, the class is capable of doing over 1800 DPS, its just not obvious how.

Here's the PVP Sage Spec I am currently using... it's a Hybrid so you can basically fit the role you need on your team.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hRrRRbMzZczZsMbRs0z.2

If I concentrate on healing I have topped 600k healing and in some instances have topped 500k DPS. To give you a good idea of the norm I am typically at what I have below. My best Void Star was a 600k DPS, 300k Healing effort (these are only possible with other healers so you aren't dead a lot). The only downside to this spec is that a lot of opposing teams generally treat you like a healer even though aren't a full-fledged heal spec so against good teams you end up getting chased around and harassed a lot.

Void Star: 400k DPS, 200-250k Healing

Update: Just had a Void Star last night in this build with 535k Damage and 260k Healing

Civil War: 250k DPS, 150k Healing

Huttball: All over the place depending on how much running around I am doing

Novare Coast: Again all over the place based on what I am guarding but typically about 50/50 DPS/Healing

Edited by Striders

i too really like the animations for the tk tree. It realy sucks that the skill tree is so bad though.

I keep playing around with trying to get my disturbance up - with no luck. Even if it does auto crit, even if you had surge up to 200% it's still not doing the damage that tk throw does (especially if you get the tick twice as fast with a hybryd build).

The most effective build shouldn't have to be a hybryd right? couldn't they just fix the damage for that highest level skill? Say take away the channel on it? It already has a cooldown that is fairly long to balance it out.

While what would happen if turbulance had less of a channel to boot? This is clealy not the DoT skill tree. So why not have make the ones we have hit a little harder? I love the balance skill tree too but love those animations for tk.

• 3 weeks later...

My sage, though only 47 ignore sig, is tk. How good I do depends on if I'm being focused on. It seems to be a curse of the class, everyone thinks your a healer. Anyway when I'm ignored I do great, 1v1 I win about every time. Even 1v2 I take one out at least.

Hell yesterday on voss I took out a 49 vengance jugg twice and a 47 tank assassin, with full tk spec. I would probably give credit to surviving those to the bubble cc buff and the knock back cc, as I was running around a lot.

Play what you like though, eventually you will know it so well it won't matter if it is the worse PvP spec, you will know all the tricks to make it good.

And yes I understand lowbie PvP isn't 50 PvP, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and opinion.

Edited by Tfranco

My sage, though only 47 ignore sig, is tk. How good I do depends on if I'm being focused on. It seems to be a curse of the class, everyone thinks your a healer. Anyway when I'm ignored I do great, 1v1 I win about every time. Even 1v2 I take one out at least.

Hell yesterday on voss I took out a 49 vengance jugg twice and a 47 tank assassin, with full tk spec. I would probably give credit to surviving those to the bubble cc buff and the knock back cc, as I was running around a lot.

Play what you like though, eventually you will know it so well it won't matter if it is the worse PvP spec, you will know all the tricks to make it good.

And yes I understand lowbie PvP isn't 50 PvP, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and opinion.

I just hit 50 on my sage and I've done 2 or 3 wzs as telekinetics, it seems fine. I'm actually shocked at how often I'm ignored, one warzone I got 1 death and that was it. Ima keep going at it as tk, it's not omg OP but its more viable I pugged wzs then people are led to believe. No clue bout rated wzs tho.