Juggernaut PVP Scores and Protection

LordTyraxus

I was wondering how my fellow Juggs have been performing in Warzones - feel free to post any screenshots of scores in here.

What are peoples thoughts so far of Jugg performance in PVP?

A couple things that are "sorta" bothering me:

Damage scores - I am yet to see a Warrior or our mirror hit over 200k - yet I have seen Sorcs hit this regularly as well as the occasional Bounty Hunter.

Is it realistic or even (I hate using this word) "balanced" for wanting the melee classes to hit the same numbers as ranged classes?

If anything I thought melee classes should be higher than ranged classes purely to make up for the fact that we have to be in the thick of things while they can pew-pew from a safe distance.

I am unsure what it should be - very interested in what people think - should we be around the same mark damage wise?

The other thing that "sorta" bothers me is the Protection numbers - from what I have seen so far (only L22 so things may change) a really good tank may be able to get in the 40K-50K as far as protection is concerned.

Does this mean that we are useful - do you measure Protection numbers in the same way we would look at Healing? Sometimes when I am Guard/Taunting at a distance I wonder whether I am even being useful and whether just rolling a healer and sitting back and healing would do a lot more - especially when good healers can hit 150k-200k with regularity.

Just some general thoughts - I do not really have an opinion either way - just thought I would throw this out there and see what others think.

As a tank, ever since I got guard I have almost always been at the top of the chart in every WZ, and usually 2nd or 3rd on the rare instances that I'm not first. Just pop guard on a healer or another squishy and watch the medals fly.

Damage-wise, I don't do nearly as much as other classes, but it's enough to get the job done. Just grab a pocket healer and you will be unstoppable (Huttball is super easy with that setup) as neither of you will ever really die. Haven't tried DPS spec in pvp yet.

Protection is more valuable than healing (as in a protection:healing ratio) because while healers have to spend energy/other resources on healing and also have to manage cooldowns, tanks can just leave guard on someone and then contribute with DPS. It also means healers don't have to expend as much energy healing people, so they won't run out as often. So getting 40-50k protection is about on par with a healer getting 100k+ healing.

Edited by BlobbMonster

Not a Jugg but wanted to comment none the less!

Agreed I have yet to see a Knight/Warrior break the 200k damage mark but really PvP is always going to suit the Ranged DPS more.

I think there needs to be an overall metric for measuring contribution that is slapped in the face of players when the Warzone is over. As the way it is people just vote MVP for whoever (usually top damage) which is just a joke. I have seen people with 150k damage and nothing else get 3-4 MVP votes where I have 200k healing 14k objective and 70k damage and I get none.

I think PuG Tanks dont generally use Guard as its the mentality of 'It gets me killed'. However the few I have seen use effectively and combine it with Taunt easily change the outcome of a fight just as much as any Healer.

To clarify I am not talking about medals, it's easy to finish "top" as a tank, I am more talking about the raw numbers.

Raw numbers we seem a little low from what I've observed during pvp between the levels of 16 and 25. However, I've found if I forgo Soresu and stick with Shien or Shii-cho my damage numbers can get pretty high. I think the most I pulled was around 180k one Warzone, putting me just behind a BH who did around 200k.

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that most of our talent trees mature later. Vengy gets its two big damage moves at level 30 and 40 assuming you spec nothing but Vengy. Immortal doesn't get a big damage move until 40 at the earliest, and Rage has Obliterate, but won't be able to fully utilize a lot of the power of the tree without some of the supporting talents from Immortal or Vengy.

In short, we are a late maturing class. But we still do well early game. It's just other classes seem to de a little bit better.