How is Juggernaut for pvp?

LordBanjax

It looks fun. Just curious in practice how's it play for warzones?

DPS jugg is the worst class you could pick for PVP right now. The only good thing about it is that it's "fun".

DPS wise it's totally ok, but it just cannot compete with the new trigger happy FOTM classes like merc and sniper.

In ranked it's the NR. 1 on the kill list.

In regs you could play DPS jugg as class weakness isn't that obvious but in ranked it will only lead to frustration unless you are a PVP god.

For this reason lots of jugg players rolled as Tanks or Skank tanks(tank with Dps gear). It's the most viable way to play jugg in pvp.

Tank jugg in dps gear is doing pretty well in both ranked and unranked. DPS Juggs are fine in unranked, but I wouldn't play it in ranked

Only drawback to it besides being boring, is that you have to maintain two sets of gear both for pve/pvp.

Edited by cool-dude

DPS jugg is the worst class you could pick for PVP right now. The only good thing about it is that it's "fun".

DPS wise it's totally ok, but it just cannot compete with the new trigger happy FOTM classes like merc and sniper.

In ranked it's the NR. 1 on the kill list.

In regs you could play DPS jugg as class weakness isn't that obvious but in ranked it will only lead to frustration unless you are a PVP god.

For this reason lots of jugg players rolled as Tanks or Skank tanks(tank with Dps gear). It's the most viable way to play jugg in pvp.

I'd say dps PT/VG has it worse. In ranked, it's a free kill because of the lack of dcds. Whenever I play a dps jugg, I survive much better than on my geared PT.

• 3 weeks later...
If you want to play DPS, just play Marauder. :D

Juggs are extremely potent in Regs. In Ranked, yeah, they have some defensive issues do to a lack of any anti-focus

ability. Juggs can do as much damage as Marauder's can in regs because all things considered, as good as marauder DCDs are, they still lack and self healing, and some might say that jugg heals aren't all that great, but they are certainly better than nothing and they do make some amount of difference.

Mitigation DCDs like Marauders have, are fleeting however, and the reality is as a Marauder your going to spend approximately 60% [or slightly more] of the time in your average length WZ with out an active DCD do to cool down times which are very long on a few of em. The DCDs might help you win a close fight or last a few more seconds til help arrives or what have you, but they don't help you to do anything about the damage you have taken and that leaves one a sitting duck for the next guy who's coming. Without a healer on the team, a Marauder is going to die a lot.

Juggs are tough as hell in regs. In WZs self heals make a huge difference. As the saying goes, you can't DPS when you are dead. Add to that that Juggs can taunt, they're sucking 30% of their enemies damage off the top which obviously aids in survival.

I agree though, pound for pound, all things being equal, a Marauder's damage potential is higher than a Juggs, but, it's also a lot harder to play a Marauder optimally compared to a Jugg. Juggs are easier to do well with. Marauder has the edge in ranked though . Throw in the skank tank option that juggs have, effectively being two roles in one [DPS - Tank], that adds to a Juggs performance considerations. Skank tanks are extremely effective, tough as hell, with a DPS potential that no tank spec should be able to reach.

Don't get me wrong, I love Marauders and they can rip some serious *** played right, I'm just not sure I'd blanketly say Marauders are better than Juggs overall in reg WZs. They both have very strong pros and cons, and in PVP [regs], Juggs can and often do give Marauder's a run for their money. Assuming competency is present, You really can't go wrong with either DPS wise in regs.

Juggs are tough as hell in regs. In WZs self heals make a huge difference. As the saying goes, you can't DPS when you are dead. Add to that that Juggs can taunt, they're sucking 30% of their enemies damage off the top which obviously aids in survival.

While in general we agree on a lot, I literally swapped back to tanking because of a hypergate where i died 10-15 times (no that's not an exaggeration). I've gone back on occasion since, it's still a lot of getting destroyed.

A well played guardian compared to a well played sent, literally has a taunt and focused defense (more later). And keep in mind that the damage reduction applies to everyone except the one taunting. Reflect is nice, but people don't bother stopping attacking you during it unlike another certain class that got reflect in 5.0 (which I'm totally not still bitter about at all by the way).

The self heal scaled very poorly for dps specs with the change to 5.0. In 4.0 it really was a second life. Now, half a life if you manage to get all the ticks off for less than it heals.

To me, sent and guardian are completely backwards at the moment. Sents should have the high damage at the cost of survivability. Guardians should do less dps but have a survivability advantage.

I have tried them all, I'm primarily a Merc/Mando at heart, You know, the class voted FOTM 10/12 months the last 2 years running? But I always needed a tank if I wanted to get into PVE action without waiting, so I went Jugg/Guard (and could finally use corruptor blades). I'm ok but not great. Then PVP came to me in the last couple of years. Tanking in PVP is ok but not totally satisfying. But the Jugg skank PVP action is AWESOME! Search, read, do.