We need a way to convert Exoniums into Matter Transubstantiators

Loc_n_lol

Back in 2.X we could convert 20 EEE+ 350 Elite comms into 1 MMG. It didn't look appealing at all at the time, because the price of an MMG was at most 10x that of an EEE once nightmare modes were on the farm.

But right now a MT costs as much as 400-500 Exoniums (on TRE), and elite comms are virtually worthless. So... Might be a good idea ?

Alternatively, We need to remove the differences between 8m and 16man. Just have 16man drop 2x the materials instead of higher quality ones.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

There is an issue with the overall balance of the design of this tier of crafting/gear/materials but I don't know if your proposal would fix it or not. Maybe it would help, but I think the broader issue is that 186 is too easy to get but the material for 192 crafted gear (MT) basically requires 192+ gear to acquire, which feels out of balance.

Your idea is growing on me, but it would break the pattern of the other levels of materials to convert blues into purples, although something similar (100:1 conversion rate) might solve the problem of blue grade 11 materials being so worthless compared to the purple ones. Interesting thought.

Sell the exonium on the GTN. Use the money to buy MTs. Conversion solved. :)

There are hundreds if not thousands of Exoniums for every MT in the game. Crafting receipes only require 2-to-1 and Exoniums alone are worthless. This isn't right. I'm not even sure why anyone would want to buy Exonium on the GTN.

Having a direct conversion method would put a cap on the price of MTs, and a floor to the price of Exoniums.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

There are hundreds if not thousands of Exoniums for every MT in the game. Crafting receipes only require 2-to-1 and Exoniums alone are worthless. This isn't right. I'm not even sure why anyone would want to buy Exonium on the GTN.

Having a direct conversion method would put a cap on the price of MTs, and a floor to the price of Exoniums.

Yes to first half, although I do agree 16m ops esp ToS suck

Edit: cuz exo's are cheap as you said?

Edited by MASOLIZ

There is an issue with the overall balance of the design of this tier of crafting/gear/materials but I don't know if your proposal would fix it or not. Maybe it would help, but I think the broader issue is that 186 is too easy to get but the material for 192 crafted gear (MT) basically requires 192+ gear to acquire, which feels out of balance.

While I don't have a solution, I do feel that endgame crafting in SWTOR needs a review. Crafting should be an alternate way for progression (allowing for someone to improve gear through solo play). Right now it seems to be an after-thought to give people who have everything on farm a revenue stream.