just how powerful is Malgus?

mitigated

I have been very intrigued by his character since playing the game, and have read as many articles as I can pull up on the net. I am by no means a lore junkie and have only read a few of the EU books, nothing on the Old Republic.

One of the articles I read on him stated something along the lines of him having become so powerful in his hatred that it was like he was the eye of calm in the center of hatred within the dark side... to me that's pretty damn wicked, and we have seen him handle a lot of Jedi like ragdolls, so for those who know more, how strong is he?

So in comparison to let's say.... Darth Maul? I did read the Maul books, so I have a pretty good understanding on who he was.

There's not really such a thing as "power level" in Star Wars. People die when they're supposed to die. Judging from his final battle, Darth Maul was a pushover.

In this regard, Darth Malgus is several times stronger.

Darth Maul was two-manned.

Darth Malgus would take at least, like, four people or something to kill.

Edited by Luckmann

There's not really such a thing as "power level" in Star Wars. People die when they're supposed to die. Judging from his final battle, Darth Maul was a pushover.

Lol I like the comparison, however I feel it was Maul's arrogance that got him killed as he handled both QGJ and Obi without a problem, and took QGJ easily 1 on 1

Darth Maul was killed easily because George Lucas didn't know how to make a good movie and CGI back then costed too much, so they had to cut back on the budget.

The only way to do Star Wars any justice with future movies or media is to do it ala Avatar style or with comics because game trailers have spoiled us all. I don't care how much you loved the muppets or hand puppet yoda, that **** isn't going to do it for me anymore.

Darth Malgus is pretty powerful in the (lore). He took down Ven Zallow, the jedi in the trailer, defeated Satele's master the zabrak and is now at least on par with her in strength. As Satele is the head of the jedi order, I think that also puts Malgus somewhere pretty far uptop on the power meter.

Also Malgus has a strong legacy, so strong it inspired Darth Vader. So he does seem to be very powerful, also as the above poster said. He is almost or equal to Master Shan. Remember, had it not been for that trooper, Shan would have died on Alderaan.

Also Malgus has a strong legacy, so strong it inspired Darth Vader. So he does seem to be very powerful, also as the above poster said. He is almost or equal to Master Shan. Remember, had it not been for that trooper, Shan would have died on Alderaan.

She would have been dead on the Korriban orbital station as well had it not been for her Master.

She would have been dead on the Korriban orbital station as well had it not been for her Master.

I give that a pass because she was still a young Jedi at the time, on Alderaan she was alot stronger in the force. They are roughly equals.

Dammit Bioware why did you not give us the choice to side with him!!!!

I give that a pass because she was still a young Jedi at the time, on Alderaan she was alot stronger in the force. They are roughly equals.

Dammit Bioware why did you not give us the choice to side with him!!!!

They aren't equal. Satele was going to lose if it wasn't for Jace (Jaece?) tackling Malgus and detonating a grenade in his face.

Hahahaha are you serious? Maul was trained by the strongest Sith Lord EVER, The jedi during the Prequal trilogy were the strongest jedi of any era according to Lucas. With Maul giving 2 of them a run for there money

Which he shook off like it was a minor blow..... pure hatred and power

If you read the Deceived novel, then you would know Malgus took the loss at Alderaan pretty badly. Taking on Jace and Satele at the same time was a mistake, and that's how he got so injured he had to wear a respirator for the rest of his life. I mean, he took on like 2 grenades to the face, plus his entire body was smashed into a solid stone wall with face in front.

Malgus is what you would call a berserker. He doesn't really feel anything from a battle until it's over.

Hahahaha are you serious? Maul was trained by the strongest Sith Lord EVER, The jedi during the Prequal trilogy were the strongest jedi of any era according to Lucas. With Maul giving 2 of them a run for there money

Lucas is also an inconsistent hack of a writer with a love for mary sues. Add to that the fact that the movies and the EU exist in separate continuities and nobody cares.

Maul was a pushover with interpretative dancing as a hobby. He would've done better at ballet than lightsaber combat.

Also, saying that Darth Sidious is the strongest Sith Lord ever, when we have someone like Lord Vitiate right in front of us.. haha, oh wow.

Maul was barely trained by Sidious, he was more tuned as a weapon, but it would be hard to call him a true Sith. Technically, Maul doesn't even fit into the rule of two.

This is all from the Darth Plagueis book. Maul didn't even know that Sidious himself was the apprentice.

Darth Maul was a ******. Right up until he died to a move that somehow took him by surprise even though he'd been handling 2 jedi solo for the previous 5 minutes. I think someone hit the nail on the head in a previous post, Maul died because Lucas couldn't come up with a better plotline.

She was young and still had a master at the time yes, but Malgus was also young and there with his Master at that point.

Remember though, Sith training is brutal, and Malgus hated failure. He used his strength, weight and hatred in his fights. He destroyed her(almost killing her) and her master(also destroying the second lightsaber) and killed his master because he was angry at him.

Lucas is also an inconsistent hack of a writer with a love for mary sues. Add to that the fact that the movies and the EU exist in separate continuities and nobody cares.

Maul was a pushover with interpretative dancing as a hobby. He would've done better at ballet than lightsaber combat.

Also, saying that Darth Sidious is the strongest Sith Lord ever, when we have someone like Lord Vitiate right in front of us.. haha, oh wow.

Actually is pretty well established that Sidous is the most powerful Sith ever. (If you take GL's word)

Actually is pretty well established that Sidous is the most powerful Sith ever. (If you take GL's word)

I think I just settled that I don't. It's hilarious that people are take GL's word for it when it's plain as day that other characters in the EU are blatantly more powerful than Sidious on virtually every level.

Lore wise he is weaker then Lord Scourge, Darth Angrel and Darth Bara's, who is weaker than the Jedi Knight and weaker than the Sith Warrior. The Sith Inquisitor is likely stronger than him too.

The Emperor is the all powerful, only second to Sidious, lore wise.

"Emperors Voices" - puppet bodies the Emperor uses.

The Sith Warrior is strong enough to beat Darth Bara's who is strong enough to beat one of the Emperors "Voices"

The Jedi Knight is strong enough to beat another one of the the Emperors "Voices".

Lord Scourge is more powerful than the entire Dark Council combined. Which probably means the Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight is too (though I would exclude Darth Nox).

Darth Malgus is not strong enough to take on the entire Dark Council combined, he has also excepted Darth Marr, Darth Angrel and Darth Bara's as his superiors (as he hasn't challenged their authority).

So why does it take four people to kill him? Gameplay.

Edited by AngelousWang

Not really arguing with it, but during that commentary was it obvious if Lucas was talking about fighting and force ability? Sidous controlled the galaxy; it's undeniable that he's the most powerful Sith in that respect. Having all the force power you want doesn't compare to ruling everything.

In terms of raw fighting power, which is what most people argue about, the movies don't show much (Or any save one short and questionable scene) of Sidous' strength. And of course the power creep of people becoming more and more grand as more stories are created makes things seen in a 70s (And even 200s) live action movie seem lack luster.

Edited by GenericallyNamed