The Eternal Championship

phalczen

So, as a fan of this I decided to test it out. I am starting this post just attempting round 9 the second time (the Doom Droid), as I mismanaged getting the last of the 4 pulse droids defeated before the timer and wiped.

I died once during the Rancor fight because I had my companion's channeled heal clicked off. I lasted about half-way through the fight.

I used a melee comp (Veeroa Denz) for fights 1-4, and 6. The others I've been using ranged (Andronikos). Both are dual wielders and both are influence rank 50. I was also using Chilled Corellian Cocktail for the presence bonus. I have all the presence datacrons except any that might be on Onderon or Mek-Sha. I am Darkness spec, with an average item rating level of 273, wearing the Shadow Purged set bonus and the Ancient Tome of Wrath tactical item.

The [WEEKLY] missions for the 5, 7, and 10th bosses are still awarding Exotic Isotope Stabilizers (the blue prototype exotic from 4.0). Three years plus and still not fixed. However, the first boss did drop a Processed Isotope Stabilizer, the new blue prototype exotic for 6.0. None of the others have dropped one yet, so I'm going to assume its a random chance thing and not a guaranteed per boss.

The encounter is scaled to level 75. I didn't record the bosses health, but I presume they are appropriately scaled.

Anyway, besides the Exotic Isotope Stabilizer drops, which has been broken since 5.0, it all seems to be working correctly. I had a lot of trouble keeping Mister Ripper and King Crush separated for the round 6 fight, I think because my AoE attacks end up causing a lot more threat than even my rank 50 comp healing me and attacking the beast I wasn't on could overcome. I would say that even in 5.0 with the companion in heal spec it doesn't have too much trouble keeping aggro on the beast I send it to. So, companion threat appears to be much less in 6.0 than it is on LIVE. I'll update this thread once I complete the ten rounds.

EDIT: So I wiped again on the pulse droids with the Doom Droid below 30% because I hit Alt-Tab in a weird way and lost a lot of ground on them. Still, based on this I'm pretty sure I could complete it given enough time.

I do wonder though if, with the encounter scaled to 75, if the Sprint Champion achievement can still be completed in ten minutes, since I don't have that one yet. Certainly not something I can test on a tank character, but I wanted to pick something the least likely to die in the encounter if it was horribly unbalanced. I've run out of time for the night so I don't think I'll try to complete it. For the record I got one renown crate for the first 8 rounds and the mission log says I'll get another 51k renown from the [WEEKLY] to defeat Zotar and the [sOLO] mission from the terminal (34k and 17k respectively), so that should be another 2 crates or so.

I hope this helps the developers!

• Please fix the broken Exotic Isotope Stabilizer drops
  • Please make sure companions can hold aggro ... make sure you didn't nerf their threat generation when you nerfed their heals
  • Please make sure the Sprint Champion achievement can still be done with the encounter being scaled to 75 now

Edited by phalczen

So, as a fan of this I decided to test it out. I am starting this post just attempting round 9 the second time (the Doom Droid), as I mismanaged getting the last of the 4 pulse droids defeated before the timer and wiped.

I died once during the Rancor fight because I had my companion's channeled heal clicked off. I lasted about half-way through the fight.

I used a melee comp (Veeroa Denz) for fights 1-4, and 6. The others I've been using ranged (Andronikos). Both are dual wielders and both are influence rank 50. I was also using Chilled Corellian Cocktail for the presence bonus. I have all the presence datacrons except any that might be on Onderon or Mek-Sha. I am Darkness spec, with an average item rating level of 273, wearing the Shadow Purged set bonus and the Ancient Tome of Wrath tactical item.

The [WEEKLY] missions for the 5, 7, and 10th bosses are still awarding Exotic Isotope Stabilizers (the blue prototype exotic from 4.0). Three years plus and still not fixed. However, the first boss did drop a Processed Isotope Stabilizer, the new blue prototype exotic for 6.0. None of the others have dropped one yet, so I'm going to assume its a random chance thing and not a guaranteed per boss.

The encounter is scaled to level 75. I didn't record the bosses health, but I presume they are appropriately scaled.

Anyway, besides the Exotic Isotope Stabilizer drops, which has been broken since 5.0, it all seems to be working correctly. I had a lot of trouble keeping Mister Ripper and King Crush separated for the round 6 fight, I think because my AoE attacks end up causing a lot more threat than even my rank 50 comp healing me and attacking the beast I wasn't on could overcome. I would say that even in 5.0 with the companion in heal spec it doesn't have too much trouble keeping aggro on the beast I send it to. So, companion threat appears to be much less in 6.0 than it is on LIVE. I'll update this thread once I complete the ten rounds.

EDIT: So I wiped again on the pulse droids with the Doom Droid below 30% because I hit Alt-Tab in a weird way and lost a lot of ground on them. Still, based on this I'm pretty sure I could complete it given enough time.

I do wonder though if, with the encounter scaled to 75, if the Sprint Champion achievement can still be completed in ten minutes, since I don't have that one yet. Certainly not something I can test on a tank character, but I wanted to pick something the least likely to die in the encounter if it was horribly unbalanced. I've run out of time for the night so I don't think I'll try to complete it. For the record I got one renown crate for the first 8 rounds and the mission log says I'll get another 51k renown from the [WEEKLY] to defeat Zotar and the [sOLO] mission from the terminal (34k and 17k respectively), so that should be another 2 crates or so.

• Please make sure companions can hold aggro ... make sure you didn't nerf their threat generation when you nerfed their heals
  • Please make sure the Sprint Champion achievement can still be done with the encounter being scaled to 75 now

My suspicion about this is similar to my suspicion about a lot of stats that the new amplifiers effect.

I can't help but wonder if they lowered the baseline for stats that the new amplifier systems affect.

Companion aggro has amplifiers that increase it and decrease it. If maxing those out made it TOO strong one way or the other, maybe rather than change the value of multiple values of the amplifiers they just lowered the base number.

Same with crew skill mission times

and maybe several other stats.

Just my suspicion, no facts/data to back it up.

Yay, another EC fan! We've long been pointing out that this little gem of a training tool (and solo challenge) has badly needed its rewards updated. This is the perfect time to do it, so thank you for testing and for posting this.

Yes please to making sure that all rewards, whether boss drops or mission rewards, are giving the most current form of isotope stabilizers.

Yes please to make sure that companion heals are still generating the same amount of aggro. Companion tanks too, of course, but let's be honest, comp heals have long seized and held way more aggro than comp tanks can. :p And counting on comps to achieve certain effects is really key to passing the EC.

And yes please, I do hope someone tested out the numbers on EC after tuning it up. Sprint Champion is the only EC achievement I don't have. I keep forgetting to get buckle down for it, getting distracted by other shinies, but it's always still on my list of things to achieve. I remember it being very well balanced and in the realm of achievability in the EC's first iteration, but I'm not sure about the ones since. Has anyone managed to get Sprint in 5.x?

I managed to get Sprint champion on veng jugg about a week before Ossuss release (so still in 248 gear). It should be still doable.

And I am adding a voice to yours that it would be great to have the quest rewards updated - weeklies should give current grade isotopes and perhaps selection of random items (same things as Takkana has, so player can choose for example between unidentified relic, ear or implant) instead of outdated blue items that are not really worth anything. Same with drops from bosses - they should only drop current isotopes and current grade gear. You do not need to change rate at which they drop, just change the items.

A pipe dream - have a vendor exchange our Eternal championship tokens for tech fragments, so we can go buy some useful items with them? :)

our set-bonuses are not the same and mastery is not helping. On top of that the comps are doing less then before, so its life that we are being capped again....

I was level 75, using one of the current Onslaught set bonuses for Assassins, and the encounter wasn’t level synced so I had whatever power and mastery one has with an average iLvl of 273.

Round 9 is tough with the 4 pulse droids, especially when playing as a Jedi tank, we don't have have the proper aoe damage to bring them all down at once like the sorcs/sages can, the timer before it blows, is very frustrating. Edited by RaithHarth