getting hit by ion while having fully charged railshot should be instant destruction

Sadishist

As for now when a rail is out of power it fires its current charge. I see it as a security valve, and think it's logic.

So I think the rail should unload its charge, but not on the user himself, but by shooting too if disabled by an ennemy.

Edited by Altheran

Just something random I thought up. Would it be that way? Your railgun is all charged up, but you haven't shot it yet. Then your gun gets disabled by ion, but the charge is still built up.

One, Ion particles function like an EMP in the Star Wars universe, so they just fry electronics more than causing physical damage. Previous games like TIE Fighter you had the ion cannons on a fighter for disabling a shield and then, if you sought to capture rather than destroy it, fry the systems to render them helpless.

Which is what we see now, an ion charged shot will eat your shields, your engine power, and your blaster power, and render you more or less a sitting duck. So don't go advocating that the most OP ship in starfighter needs anymore help being so.

One, Ion particles function like an EMP in the Star Wars universe, so they just fry electronics more than causing physical damage. Previous games like TIE Fighter you had the ion cannons on a fighter for disabling a shield and then, if you sought to capture rather than destroy it, fry the systems to render them helpless.

Which is what we see now, an ion charged shot will eat your shields, your engine power, and your blaster power, and render you more or less a sitting duck. So don't go advocating that the most OP ship in starfighter needs anymore help being so.

Gunships aren't the most OP... FlashFires are. Yes, I play them myself, because the are so damn good. Any good FlashFire pilot will destroy a gunship.