Huttball exploit that needs to be fixed

Kennobai

Ball carrier almost gets to the finish line, he gets pulled by an enemy player towards enemy spawning point, gets insta-killed and ball gets resetted.

It's not smart gameplay, it's simply an exploit and unintended game feature. It's situational, I agree, but in situations its useable, it breaks the *********** game.

Fix this.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BW (or at least a BW GM in a support ticket) has said this is fine.

Personally I hope they raise the upper limit of the goal line to make these count as goals, but I have no issue with the guy being pulled dieing (especially since it's countered by simply passing him the ball which causes him to die for having the ball in a spawn area).

Edited by Jestunhi

Ball carrier almost gets to the finish line, he gets pulled by an enemy player towards enemy spawning point, gets insta-killed and ball gets resetted.

It's not smart gameplay, it's simply an exploit and unintended game feature. It's situational, I agree, but in situations its useable, it breaks the *********** game.

Fix this.

It's not an exploit.

Not an exploit according to BW who already said its legal a long time ago....

Seriously if you see someone up on the ledge trying to do it and you are running the ball in pass it to them they get killed instead and you get the ball right back. Also it doesn't always work sometimes it counts as a score anyway.

Everytime i've tried the GET OVER HERE!!! *says it in a scorpion tone* into spawn they score even though the guy gets insta-gibbed. Thus I don't do it anymore.

*Vanguard*

Do i have to be further back or what.

Edited by Hyocoz

It's an exploit... only those without a moral compass think it's fair play.

* It's not an exploit

* The Announcer Tells you to cheat

* The Ball Carrier can throw the ball up to the person pulling and kill them instead

Those who want to play fairly:

* It's an exploit, the kill an enemy in the spawn is to prevent spawn camping should an enemy get in there by accident.

* The Announcer also says to get the ball across the line by ANY MEANS Available, meaning pulling should result in a score and the mechanic is not working as intended.

* People say that a GM said this 'exploit' is ok but in none of these threads have they shown the evidence.

* This tactic could put newer players in WZ's off and result in longer queues.

* Good guys get fed up of the same comments in the thread and leave.

Edited by Qishari
rude comments

In my opinion (I'm sure Powertechs will disagree) the grapple ability needs a better resist mechanic in PVP. I've run some Huttball matches where our team was completely overpowering the other, however there was one lone BH that could wait and play goalie to prevent a score. We still end up winning, but we're lucky to get only 1-2 scores despite rolling the rest of the team. If the BH is in position theres little you can do to prevent being pulled into the fire if his timing is good. Best counter I've seen is jumping into the Pit and throwing the ball up to someone on the ledge, or sending a team in to kill/stun the BH beforehand. Either way the grapple is an effective one hit kill if done correctly, sounds overpowered to me.

* It's not an exploit

* The Ball Carrier can throw the ball up to the person pulling and kill them instead

* It's an exploit, the kill an enemy in the spawn is to prevent spawn camping should an enemy get in there by accident.

* The Announcer also says to get the ball across the line by ANY MEANS Available, meaning pulling should result in a score and the mechanic is not working as intended.

* People say that a GM said this 'exploit' is ok but in none of these threads have they shown the evidence.

********. Its not an exploit and the evidence has been given in the 500 or so other threads. Lack of search function means we arent going to link for your lazyness.

Point is. Its not an exploit just because you don't like it. Get over it.

Edited by Qishari
quoted rude commetns

* It's not an exploit

You don't get to decide if it's an exploit.

Bioware does.

The support ticket response has been posted on the forums. I haven't bookmarked it and am certainly not searching for it for you - do it yourself or submit your own ticket.

Edited by Qishari
quoted rude commetns

In my opinion (I'm sure Powertechs will disagree) the grapple ability needs a better resist mechanic in PVP. I've run some Huttball matches where our team was completely overpowering the other, however there was one lone BH that could wait and play goalie to prevent a score. We still end up winning, but we're lucky to get only 1-2 scores despite rolling the rest of the team. If the BH is in position theres little you can do to prevent being pulled into the fire if his timing is good. Best counter I've seen is jumping into the Pit and throwing the ball up to someone on the ledge, or sending a team in to kill/stun the BH beforehand. Either way the grapple is an effective one hit kill if done correctly, sounds overpowered to me.

No offense but grapple is about all we powertechs have. We have no knockbacks or long lasting stuns. If it becomes harder to resist then knockbacks should be aswell.

You don't get to decide if it's an exploit.

Bioware does.

The support ticket response has been posted on the forums. I haven't bookmarked it and am certainly not searching for it for you - do it yourself or submit your own ticket.

How convenient... in all the threads about this people swear it exists but can't be bothered to find it. Not even the original poster steps in to lend a hand for the really 'weak' members that are preventing the SWTOR community from flourishing by leaping through walls, trading kills and grappling people into spawn areas to EXPLOIT spawn protection.

How convenient... in all the threads about this people swear it exists but can't be bothered to find it. Not even the original poster steps in to lend a hand for the really 'weak' members that are preventing the SWTOR community from flourishing by leaping through walls, trading kills and grappling people into spawn areas to EXPLOIT spawn protection.

See the post immediately above yours.

Then eat your words.

No offense but grapple is about all we powertechs have. We have no knockbacks or long lasting stuns. If it becomes harder to resist then knockbacks should be aswell.

Then I say why not give Powertechs some more abilities, something else to combat the loss of an increase to the resist on the grapple. I play Arsenal Merc, and I realize I've got it pretty simple with a rotation including lots of Tracer Missiles for my meat and potatoes, but I've seriously considered rolling a new BH to play Powertech for Huttball defense.

So it's not a screen shot it's text that could be edited by anyone?

Read the post.

It gives the ticket reference number. Feel free to contact support to verify it.

There are screenies of it floating around of it too, if you are too lazy to search then fair enough, but don't take that as proof that there are no screenshots.

Then I say why not give Powertechs some more abilities, something else to combat the loss of an increase to the resist on the grapple. I play Arsenal Merc, and I realize I've got it pretty simple with a rotation including lots of Tracer Missiles for my meat and potatoes, but I've seriously considered rolling a new BH to play Powertech for Huttball defense.

You need to realize the powertech is a close ranged unit while the merc is long range. If you cripple grapple by letting it resist more you are taking away a skill needed to keep force users close. Do that and you force powertechs to talent into the abilities that add a snare. Which means you sacrifice there survival in pve and pvp.

Adding other things for it, would mean reworking the class. Its not easily done. Just a note btw the grapple is ineffective on full resolve. Know when to use your immunity skill with resolve and grapple wont bother uou.

To be honest when Bioware get round to fixing a gazillion other things that get on my goat they'll fix this and it'll be fine. I'm lucky enough to be on a server where this tactic is only used when the other team are getting desperate. Last time it was used on me was when they were down 4-0.

It's just really unfair play and community should be you know encouringing people to continue to play from WZ's, not peeing them off to the point they quit WZ's and only do PVE... then we get the cries of "Not enough Republic.... I'm in the queue for hours" and you wanna know why? Sure faction imabalance but also because the community are playing like proper poop heads.

I was in a Repub v Repub match and someone I got on well with got onto the ball holder and started to farm the people that we both like to play with. It was crappy and I told him so.

No offense but grapple is about all we powertechs have. We have no knockbacks or long lasting stuns.
Like the Marauder. Only we don't have any of those things OR grapple. :D

Honestly, pull doesn't bother me when it's done by BHs but Inquistors are the ones that bug me. Basically because they have EVERY single necessary objective-based PvP ability at their disposal. It's an insurmountable imbalance to the game. Nothing to do with gear, strategy, etc. Inquistors have too many valuable core abilities (Dash, Heals, AoE, Pull, Stealth, etc.) compared to all the other classes.

It's no wonder why 75% of all Warzones consist of Inqs now. You can basically dash/pull yourself into an automatic huttball score (Especially since the bubble protects them from the hazards).

So it is ok that you can be pulled across the goal by a teammate and that is ok? If I can't pull you back because of the resolve your teammate surely shouldn't be able to pull you either. If you only knew how many times grapple fails when the person had no resolve bar. It also has a 2 minute (might be wrong on timer) CD that prevents it from being used by 1 BH immediately after preventing from being a sole goaltender.

So it is ok that you can be pulled across the goal by a teammate and that is ok? If I can't pull you back because of the resolve your teammate surely shouldn't be able to pull you either. If you only knew how many times grapple fails when the person had no resolve bar. It also has a 2 minute (might be wrong on timer) CD that prevents it from being used by 1 BH immediately after preventing from being a sole goaltender.

I've only had it fail for 2 reasons.

1. Resolve

2. Enemy getting caught on the world (boxes, fences, the flor if I'm trying to pull down at too steep an angle, etc)

I've only had it fail for 2 reasons.

1. Resolve

2. Enemy getting caught on the world (boxes, fences, the flor if I'm trying to pull down at too steep an angle, etc)

Until the last patch I don't think I ever seen it fail, but the last couple days it has been failing alot and I'm not the only 1 who has noticed. Mostly with clear L.O.S. and no resolve.