1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

That's why, I repeat, some ppl is automatically assuming that because of a new batch of daily quests is offered on Corellia, on the Black Hole zone they will suddenly start rewarding Black Hole commendations instead of the regular daily commendations.

Well this kind of makes sense. Why else name them Black Hole commendations?

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bioware does there were people can just go do quest for Raid Gear people will quit. I know once my guild read this they all made the choice that they will cancel subscriptions. Thats over 60 people right now, I also spoke a handful other raiding guilds a few that are near member cap. All their members too were debating to cancel their subs.

People that came here to RAID do not care to see people who DO NOT RAID in RAID GEAR. Go Raid if you want the gear its that simple.

If you want SOLO gear ask for Gear that is purple Has Endurance, your Primary Stat, and Presence. You do not need any other stats like Crit, or Hit, or any other stat that makes you better. Have 10000 Presence that makes your companion better, I do not care. You do not need to be top DPS, or Healer, or Tank you are not playing with other people.

People raid to make themselves better with gear and as a player. This is not done SOLO. Solo Players can cry all they want about wanting RAID GEAR, they do not deserve it and have not earned it by SOLO Content. Its RAID GEAR for a reason. PEOPLE RAID FOR IT, NOT SOLO!

I am getting tied of the elitest attitude from people like you. "The Best Gear is for only Raiders", To hell with the rest of the gaming community. People who don't have countless hours and have real lives that enjoy other things otherthen gaming steill want to have good gear.

So take your pathetic BoHoo story back to WOW and raid until your eyes bleed.

The whole thing is about new raid(s) being harder (supposedly?) so people needing to get geared up faster than they could before. Old raids are still the fastest way to get loot, 2-3 pieces in 2 hours guaranteed vs farming hms and praying it doesnt drop 10 agent pieces like it used to...

Why do we need to get faster now is pretty obvious. Raid guild that does HM/NM ops will not take ungeared people into those runs, they dont do normal, so people need to fix their gear otherwise and faster or they'll get bored/leave cause they're not 'good enough'. And due to BW original intention to make people roll alts as well.

Letting people get 'close to top end' with insane grinding of dailies wont change much, it will just give them another means to get on-level for new raids, and all i could figure between the whining is the daily stuff is close but not top tier anyway. Grinding dailies for 2 months is definitely neither fun nor 'raid loot giveaway' anyway, so I don't see raids being 'obsolete' unless you enjoy dying of boredom.

Will have to wait and see the real testing tho I guess.

I am getting tied of the elitest attitude from people like you. "The Best Gear is for only Raiders", To hell with the rest of the gaming community. People who don't have countless hours and have real lives that enjoy other things otherthen gaming steill want to have good gear.

you dont need "countless hours" to raid, it's really simple you should try, takes about 2 hours for avarage players to clear one raid, and you dont even have to do it all in one day. Stop with that excuse "I dont have time" please.

1.2 PvE Gear:

"Campaign" hard Raid Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

"Blackhole" Corellia Commendation Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

Whats the point of raiding in SWTOR when I can just run some faceroll dailies and get "hard mode" raid gear. :rolleyes:

Raiding in this game keeps getting worse not better. GW2 out yet? :rak_eek:

You do realize that Anet hates raiders and there will be zero endgame raiding, right?

I'm sorry but I just have to stop you right here. You don't need to spend "countless hours" raiding, your telling me you can't take one or two hours out of your life a week to run an operation, yet you want the best gear? How does that make sense. To me it just comes across as a bit entitled - just because you pay a sub every month doesn't mean you can lay claim to everything you see without having to work for it - otherwise what would be the point in playing if you could just login every patch, buy the new gear then log off until the next one?

OT: I highly doubt this would go through, not even Bioware would do something this stupid. Those who put the most time and effort into the game should get the best rewards - thats how its worked for years now and you know what they say - if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

This is the other line of reasoning I get tired of hearing. "I have a real life etc etc etc." Who says? You? Why? Because you choose to what? Go out and get drunk at "social meat markets"? Have kids? Watch tv shows? Who are you to say your life is any more real than anyone elses? For one, if the answer is you have kids, that was your choice buddy. I, like many other people in the world, either chose not to or chose not to have them yet. Or are too young in the first place. Or do not ever want them at all. And if it isnt that but some other answer, guess what! Still your choice.

I work, go to school, socialize with friends, and still manage to set aside 2-3 hours a night, 2 nights a week to raid with...............wait for it...............wait for it.............my friends who also play the game. You know. The same friends I go out and do things with in your so-called real life.

Edited by Deviantsoul

Wouldn't an easy fix to this have been to come up with a tiered set of gear like pvp gear that you buy with planet commendations (which already exist) that- instead of having "expertise" has "presence" ? Edited by Calinaph

Can we get some QQ up in here? Wow.

Why dont you go by Skyrim and play Solo if thats what you want. I am not going to pay a monthly subscription for a single player game, or a game that hands out raid gear because the welfare people dont know how to put effort into something.

What's the whole point of investing time in solo content if you don't get good gear? I mean, you invest more time to get the item, why should someone who spends 1 hour on a raid get better stuff? Why should 8 hours total of people's time be worth more than, well, say 12 of mine? People who raid are so out of touch with logic.

That's an argument one could just as easily make.

The reality is that, generally, PITA and reward need to be balanced. It is a bigger pain to find and coordinate 4, 8, or 16 people than it is to solo something. Furthermore, devs tend to want to encourage social things, as the bonds we form keep us suckers playing after we'd otherwise have quit. So group stuff tends to reward items either with less time invested or items not attainable solo.

But, well, there's still a balance point. For example, if it takes a year of doing dailies to get the item, is that is okay? Think most of us would say that is just way too much effort to get an item. How about 6 months? 2 months? 1 month? There's some point where the balance lies.

That said, if this daily crap provides better rewards than HM FPs, they need to go back to the drawing board, unless said daily rewards are earned by doing those FPs.

You Do not need good gear to SOLO. End of Story you do not do a DAM thing in game SOLO which you need to become better to do. NOTHING A Level 50 is a Level 50 end of story. You do not raid.

There is no Balance in end game if you do not PVP or Raid, or even run Flashpoints. You want to solo go buy skyrim.

You do realize that Anet hates raiders and there will be zero endgame raiding, right?

This is why I am starting to see raiding guilds on my server question what SWTOR as for them if they give out RAID GEAR for soloing.

No one would care if they give out Presence gear because Presence gear is not useful in group content. You Solo players can have all the Presence gear you want. You should have no more then endurance and your primary state on it.

I'm sorry but I just have to stop you right here. You don't need to spend "countless hours" raiding, your telling me you can't take one or two hours out of your life a week to run an operation, yet you want the best gear? How does that make sense. To me it just comes across as a bit entitled - just because you pay a sub every month doesn't mean you can lay claim to everything you see without having to work for it - otherwise what would be the point in playing if you could just login every patch, buy the new gear then log off until the next one?

OT: I highly doubt this would go through, not even Bioware would do something this stupid. Those who put the most time and effort into the game should get the best rewards - thats how its worked for years now and you know what they say - if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

/agreed

Raid gear is for people who Raid. If these people want to go do the Story line of raiding and get that raid gear good for them. If someone wants to do Hard modes and just get that gear WOOT. If you down Nightmare content /high5

1.2 PvE Gear:

Whats the point of raiding in SWTOR when I can just run some faceroll dailies and get "hard mode" raid gear. :rolleyes:

If you played this game, you would know you can only get earpiece and implants from daily commendations. It will be the same with 1.2.... some pieces only and that's it.

Next? GW2 out yet?? (lawl)

Edited by Thekze

Wouldn't an easy fix to this have been to come up with a tiered set of gear like pvp gear that you buy with planet commendations (which already exist) that- instead of having "expertise" has "presence" ?

Yes it would. However Solo players that think their $15 a month is the same as my $15 a month and I put the effort needed to raid and progress. They dont. They can not even grasp the logical behind this. Give them Presence gear and I wouldn't have an argument against it it would be gear for (Wait for it) YES SOLOING and RAIDING!

I think they added the Black Hole commendations for the item required to attempt the final boss in Explosive Conflict. I think this item that protects you from the final encounter's mind control costs 30 comms for 4 hours. Like columi I'm hoping it's 3 from each nightmare boss for a total of 30.

You people are ridiculous. You're seriously upset that solo players will be able to achieve artifact quality gear by GRINDING out dailies? Furthermore, we don't even have all of the facts yet. I'm sitting on the PTS right now staring at the Black Commendation vendor and it offers 2 sets of gear: Black Hole gear and Campaign gear. The Campaign gear appears to be unfinished and likely has set bonuses that the black hole commendation gear DOES NOT have. In other words, the daily commendation gear IS NOT the best gear in the game. It's simply a means for the solo player to achieve quality gear, but here's the catch, they have to grind dailies to get comms!

Most casuals don't have the time or the patience to run dailies 7 days a week. I'd say that 3 times a week is more accurate. Assuming that the most comms you can get in a day will be 20 (which is probably an over estimate), it will take 3 days of dailies to get one piece of gear, or 1 week per piece. It takes 445 comms to get the full set of gear (less weapon, offhand, and relics) That's 22 days of dailies just to get armor for one character. At that rate, it will seriously take a casual player over 2 months to get a full set of armor doing painful dailies 3 times a week. Also like to add, we don't even know how difficult the dailies are. What if some of them require a full group to do? Would you still cry like a newborn?

What's even funnier is the fact that these 'hardcore raiders' are whining that this is the best gear in the game. It's not. Explosive Conflict Nightmare mode will release roughly a month after patch hits live and it will feature THE BEST gear in the game. Holy crap, you mean gear that isn't accessible by someone that doesn't raid?! OMG!

TL;DR - Stop crying, you'll get your epeen when the NM mode Explosive Conflict operation is released. All of this whining with no testing to back it up makes me sick.

1.2 PvE Gear:

From what's I've seen in GW2, the raiding is OFF THE HOOK! Without question, GW2 has the best raiding system I've ever seen. All zero of their raid content is perfectly balanced, and the zero raid loot is all awesome.

Now that that is over with ...

OH NO! There are TWO ways of getting gear! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

Why spend a few hours having fun with 7 or 15 of your friends to get 25 or 50 loot drops when you can just GRIND MISSIONS ALONE EVERY DAY FOR A LITTLE OVER A WEEK TO GET ONE!!???

Well, the short answer to that question is "derp".

As a hardcore raider I'm in it because it's great fun, and I love being on top of my game. I'll never grind a mission over and over for gear because that's really dull. Plus NM loot is rating 152.

Drop your entitlement issues. Non-raiders deserve gear just as much as you, and giving them the option to get it by logging in and playing every day is what makes SW:TOR a great MMO.

I'm sorry but I just have to stop you right here. You don't need to spend "countless hours" raiding, your telling me you can't take one or two hours out of your life a week to run an operation, yet you want the best gear? How does that make sense. To me it just comes across as a bit entitled -

And raiders claiming that they deserve the best gear exclusively for themselves doesn't sound entitled?

I know, I know, you "earned it" because pushing buttons while in a group of 8 is much more difficult than pushing buttons solo.

Frankly, after doing the first two raids in this game I would say the guy who solos every day for 2 hours a day deserves the better gear. Because, let's be honest, they put in more effort.

And raiders claiming that they deserve the best gear exclusively for themselves doesn't sound entitled?

I know, I know, you "earned it" because pushing buttons while in a group of 8 is much more difficult than pushing buttons solo.

Frankly, after doing the first two raids in this game I would say the guy who solos every day for 2 hours a day deserves the better gear. Because, let's be honest, they put in more effort.

Thats some serious jaded logic there. The others make a good point. If you are soloing content why not just give them the same level of gear only with more Presence? It would effectively cause them to be better soloing, which is what they did to begin with.

Your argument about pushing buttons is slightly invalid as well. It takes some coordination to do the ops other wise every boss would be like the Infernal Counsel in EV (and we all know what easy loot that is).

While I am not espousing that raiders only get high end gear, I'm suggesting that there be differentiation between them so that the purple "solo-mode" geared guy can beat the purple "ops-mode" guy in a duel with companions while the "solo-mode" guy will not be able to do the same job as the "ops-mode" guy in a group setting.

Thats some serious jaded logic there. The others make a good point. If you are soloing content why not just give them the same level of gear only with more Presence? It would effectively cause them to be better soloing, which is what they did to begin with.

Your argument about pushing buttons is slightly invalid as well. It takes some coordination to do the ops other wise every boss would be like the Infernal Counsel in EV (and we all know what easy loot that is).

While I am not espousing that raiders only get high end gear, I'm suggesting that there be differentiation between them so that the purple "solo-mode" geared guy can beat the purple "ops-mode" guy in a duel with companions while the "solo-mode" guy will not be able to do the same job as the "ops-mode" guy in a group setting.

I would not give them any more stats then endurance and their primary state because they do not need the others. However they can have all the presences they want, I could careless. Problem is these people are sick to think they have the right to stuff they dont even do. It would one thing if they raided Story line and got the gear, I am ok with that but not even to raid and get the raid gear is just illogical at best. People need to stop looking for handouts and get real.

I think they added the Black Hole commendations for the item required to attempt the final boss in Explosive Conflict. I think this item that protects you from the final encounter's mind control costs 30 comms for 4 hours. Like columi I'm hoping it's 3 from each nightmare boss for a total of 30.

The 30 daily comm item you are talking about is for the new lv 50 world boss. There is no item required for any boss in the new operation.