Merc heavy armor - why not marader?

iiShifty

I dont really get why mercs get heavy armor and do massive consistent damage, but marauders and their jedi equivilent only get medium armor, and are mele and rely on other classes cc to be able to keep consistent damage on target.

So they get more survivability, do more damage and have way more ccs why?

Just looking for some input from others.

Bc zoidberg is beast.

I like, sorry, love my marauder. Id just like to see some balancimg changes. At least give us a stun so people dont just lol when we charge in smash crit and run around in circles for ten seconds.

It just dosent make sense. Mercs use heavy armor, they are not tanks. Powertechs use heavy armor, they are tanks. Marauders, medium. Juggs, heavy. See where im comming from? Im a warrior. Why cant I use the heaviest armor?

Edited by iiShifty

Bc zoidberg is beast.

I like, sorry, love my marauder. Id just like to see some balancimg changes. At least give us a stun so people dont just lol when we charge in smash crit and run around in circles for ten seconds.

Hmm good point. I was originally gonna play marauder but I only got to level 16 because I wasn't enjoing the gameplay. It seems if you don't have a good healer you are fudged. What level are you?

I do not know why you are comparing Mercenary with Marauder.

Bounty Hunter - Mercenary is balanced against Trooper - Commando

Marauder is balanced against Sentinel

That's my understanding, at least.

Both Mercenary & Commando do dps & healing, whilst both Marauder & Sentinel are pure dps. Thus, if there were a Heavy Armoured pure dps why would a dps player even consider anything other than that one class?

Balance is a razor thin line :cool:

Edited by KrazieFox

I'm not really complaining. Like I said after further thought, its not even the fact that I'd take a little less damage.

The problem I have is, warriors wear the heavy armor. I read before starting this marauder pre-launch on the warrior page I linked, that warriors wear heavy armor. Historically, warriors always wear the heaviest armor, and look the most BA (haha). I want my heavy armor, that is all.

:)

I do not know why you are comparing Mercenary with Marauder.

Bounty Hunter - Mercenary is balanced against Trooper - Commando

Marauder is balanced against Sentinel

That's my understanding, at least.

They are not balanced against they are mirrors of. I.e. all of their abilities should the same and identical with only different animations/name.

They are, or shoulld be, balanced against the other classes. Note this is coming from a Guardian which is a mirror of (or is supposed to be) juggernaut.

Edited by Mltdwn

gee i dunno maybe we should ask wow fury warriors and rogues.

im mean im sure the rogues would like to be "rogues in plate" but then those already exist;

they're called "fury warriors"...

here's the thing: there seems to be a mistaken assumption by many that the ideal game would be some kind of glorious homogeneous utopia.

this. is. not. so.

Edited by Sleekit

I'm not really complaining. Like I said after further thought, its not even the fact that I'd take a little less damage.

The problem I have is, warriors wear the heavy armor. I read before starting this marauder pre-launch on the warrior page I linked, that warriors wear heavy armor. Historically, warriors always wear the heaviest armor, and look the most BA (haha). I want my heavy armor, that is all.

:)

Historically there were Jedi? :eek:

Marauders ARE warriors...

not anything like rogues.

Is your head screwed on tight enough?

Marauders ARE Marauders.

they wear MEDIUM armour.

is yours ?

and warriors do NOT wear heavy armor. heavy armor is only granted as a passive when you choose the juggernaut (ie tanking) advanced class. exactly who is over transposing for the sake of argument here eh ?

don't petition to change the game because you made the wrong decision at the class/advance class choice stage.

Edited by Sleekit