Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Biochem] 6.0 Kyrprax Medpac and Med Units - Artifact Schematics via deconstruction?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Biochem] 6.0 Kyrprax Medpac and Med Units - Artifact Schematics via deconstruction?

Sarova
11.28.2019 , 03:36 PM | #1
Has anyone with Biochem actually got an upgraded schematic at artifact (purple level) for biochem kyrprax (6.0) medpacs and med units via deconstruction? The 10% chance seems far too low against the high cost to make amount of med units/medpacs needed to deconstruct. I only use Med Units on my characters as they heal companions as well and I'm after the upgraded (6.0) version. I've not seen any for sale (on Darth Malgus) so I'm assuming no-one has the schematic yet? Is this likely to be looked at in the big upcoming crafting patch?
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Option to Switch off Vendor Icons
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Gyronamics
11.28.2019 , 05:09 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Has anyone with Biochem actually got an upgraded schematic at artifact (purple level) for biochem kyrprax (6.0) medpacs and med units via deconstruction? The 10% chance seems far too low against the high cost to make amount of med units/medpacs needed to deconstruct.
Sure they have, I bought one.

And it's not 10% its 5% for final tier.

So 5% x 30 tries would give you a 78.54% chance of learning it which is a 21.46% chance of still nothing.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Void_Singer
11.29.2019 , 07:44 PM | #3
Personally?
Medpacs, yes.
Medunits, no.

those were some of the more reasonable ones, since they didn't require matrices (although they really should require the matrix component for the reusables... they don't)
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

PatT
12.06.2019 , 11:41 PM | #4
Gyromaniac, that's not how chance works. 5% chance is 5% every time. Not stacked by the number of tries. Statistics. If you buy 10 lottery tickets with a 1 in 500 million chance, you are not getting 5 in a 5 hundred million chances. You are getting 5 tries at 1 in 500 million. Much lower rate. There is no compensation for number of tries

yes, I personally know people who have achieved the Gold, reusable medpacs. I am stuck at purple an d tossing a lot of mats out to try for the gold.

Purple ones are good. Gold is the goal. Success is ... fleeting
Simple happy language words!

Void_Singer
12.07.2019 , 06:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PatT View Post
[...]. If you buy 10 lottery tickets with a 1 in 500 million chance, you are not getting 5 in a 5 hundred million chances. [...]
bad example, because actually you do get the 5 in 500 mil chance (since you're covered 5 unique possibilities... assuming you didn't pick the same numbers 5 times (because it's a single roll against 5 chances, not 5 rolls against 1 chance each)

people really misunderstand how flat odds works, but actually the simple intuition is correct... an X% chance does mean that, on average, it takes (100 / X) tries... the problem comes from the fact that lower X is the bigger the number of tries you need to get that average....

you can think of it more simply as a tray with 100 slots for 100 marbles.... if you only have 1 marble (chance) there's lots of places it can go, and so it feels a lot more random how often it "hits" the spots you want. but if you have a bunch of marble (chances), the "hits" will be pretty evenly spread out over the tries and it feels more regular. as a general rule, the lower the odds, the more random it will behave, and the more tries it takes to get a true average. reverse it for high odds. It tends to match short terms expectations at around 50%

a fun way to hack your perceptions is to always look at the higher odds side... 5% success = 95% failure... so if you are are expecting 95% failure, you are less surprised by the randomness of lower odds.
If it moves, shoot it.
- Anonymous Mercenary

ThatGuyToo
12.11.2019 , 05:41 AM | #6
I have the gold schematic for the new med pack from deconning purple. I learned each tier from deconning. Yes, I deconned a lot.

Quite a bit of work for something that gets bolstered down to the old med packs in most content.

MacCleoud
12.15.2019 , 12:38 AM | #7
Can you only learn the schematic off what YOU create? I bought a couple to add to my stack, but it said "No upgrades avaiilable" when I did that, and even splitting the stack after adding the two didn't give me any stacks that had an upgrade available. I don't have the new schematic either.....for the mebpac..... just starting in on the stims...

Void_Singer
12.15.2019 , 01:46 AM | #8
that's usually how it works, only your crafts can be learned from
If it moves, shoot it.
- Anonymous Mercenary

MacCleoud
12.15.2019 , 08:28 PM | #9
I knew i could only learn schematics for my skills. What I was meaning was, can I only learn schematics from the items I craft personally. I bought 2 Medpacs to make a stack of 60, and my entire stack ended up showing "No research available". Even after separating out the stack, it stayed that way. I put that stack in the vault, and the next stack I crafted I could try to research with again.

Void_Singer
12.15.2019 , 11:54 PM | #10
the poisioning of the stack is probably a bug, but yes that's what Iwas saying, only items you craft can be learned from, not items crafted by others....

that was a measure to prevent people that hadn't done the base work for learning a schematic from getting it easier by learning from someone elses... not sure I agree with the game logic on that, but it is what it is.
If it moves, shoot it.
- Anonymous Mercenary